Heritage Bank personal loans
Find out the benefits of taking out a personal loan with Australia’s largest customer-owned bank.
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Heritage Bank is the largest financial institution operating in the "customer-owned" banking space. It began operations in 1875 as Toowoomba Permanent Building Society, and today you'll find a full service and product offering – personal loans, credit cards, home loans, super, and even business products such as term deposits and agribusiness. Find out more about its personal loan offerings below.
Compare Heritage Bank Personal Loans
Types of personal loans available from Heritage Bank
Depending on your needs and what you're looking to finance, you have four options to choose from if you're looking to finance with Heritage Bank:
- Standard Personal Loan. This loan offers a choice of a variable rate of 11.99% p.a. (comparison rate 12.61% p.a.) or a fixed rate of 7.99% p.a. (comparison rate 8.62% p.a.) and can also be secured or unsecured. A maximum loan term of 7 years for a variable rate loan and 7 years for a fixed rate loan is available, with 1 year being the minimum. You can make additional payments and a redraw facility is available, but early repayment of the loan may carry a penalty.
- Car Loan. You can finance a new or used car with this loan for a competitive fixed rate of 4.89% p.a. Loan amounts of between $5,000 and $100,000 are available and you can take out the loan for between 1 year to 7 years. You can make extra repayments and access them using the redraw facility, but early repayment of the loan may carry a penalty.
Features and benefits of Heritage Bank personal loans
- Generous loan terms. Typically, personal loan terms extend to seven years, but with the Low rate Secured Loan you can have up to10 years to repay.
- High maximum loan amounts. You can borrow up to $100,000 for Low Rate Secured Loan and Car Loan, and with the Standard Personal Loan you can borrow up to $100,000 for a secured loan.
- Save on interest. You can make additional repayments with each loan, helping you reduce the interest you pay. You can repay two of the loans – the Car Loan and Debt Consolidation loan – completely without penalty and you can secure your personal loan with a term deposit for a lower rate.
- No ongoing fees. While each of the loans come with a $200 application fee, you will not pay any ongoing monthly fees with these loans. This helps you keep your ongoing costs down.
What other products are on offer?
You can also find a range of other products available from Heritage Bank. These include:
- Home loans. There is a Discount Variable, Standard Variable or Fixed Rate loan available to help you buy a new home, refinance or even invest.
- Credit cards. Choose from a Platinum, Classic, Gold Low Rate, Freedom Visa and a Visa Debit Card.
- Insurance. Heritage Bank offers insurance for travel, your car, home building and contents, landlord insurance, caravan and trailer and also life insurance products to meet your needs.
- Superannuation. You can apply for the Secure Super account with a return permanently set at 0.5% above the RBA cash rate.
- Business accounts and loans. Get on top of your business' cash flow with a Business Cheque Account, Business Visa credit card, an Overdraft, Line of Credit, Fully Drawn Loan or Motor Vehicle Equipment Loan for new and used vehicles.
How you can apply for a Heritage Bank personal loan
If you're interested in applying for a Heritage Bank personal loan, click 'Go to Site' to get your application started. Specific eligibility criteria will depend on the loan you apply for, but for all Heritage Bank personal loans:
- You need to be over the age of 18
- You must be a permanent Australian resident
- More than half the loan needs to be for personal use
The online application will require you to have a few details on hand to complete it:
- Personal details like your name and contact information
- Details of your income, assets and debts
- Your employment information
More guides on Finder
Are you better off putting $10k in your home loan or in super?
Our experts crunch the numbers to help you work out the best place to park your money: is it your mortgage or your super fund?
It’s official: Comparing home loans saves you big money
Lenders often give discounts to new borrowers, but not to loyal existing customers. Here's how to work out if you're being charged too much.
Owner-occupier home loans
Need an owner-occupier home loan? Compare rates, understand home owner tax rules and more.
Nano promises faster mobile home loans, with payment features on top
Borrowers will be able to tap their phone and buy a coffee – via their home loan.
2-hour home loan approval: Can it happen?
A new partnership between digital bank 86 400 and Mortgage Choice aims to deliver unconditional home approval within as little as two hours – can it really happen?
What is home equity?
A detailed explainer of the concept of home equity and how property owners can make use of it.
Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Card
This low rate credit card has a $0 annual fee and is available to firefighters and other service workers or volunteers.
Pepper Money is an Aussie non-bank lender that offers a vast range of personal loans and home loans to customers Australia-wide. Find out more here.
Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Platinum – Cashback Offer
A low rate platinum credit card that includes a cashback offer and perks such as complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance.
BankSA Vertigo Platinum – Cashback Offer
The BankSA Vertigo Platinum card offers a $300 cashback a low ongoing purchase rate and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.
Ask an Expert