Rabobank savings accounts and term deposits
Quick facts about Rabobank
- Rabobank accounts focus on helping Australians grow their wealth through a number of different types of savings products
- Rabobank is known for its focus on agriculture and is a large investor in local farming
- Rabobank is a part of the Dutch Rabobank Group which was founded in 1898 is now one of the world's largest financial institutions
- Rabobank operates entirely online in Australia
Accounts offered by Rabobank
Rabobank High Interest Savings Account.
This account offers a bonus interest rate for the first four months with no conditions to meet. Once the introductory period ends, the account will revert down to the standard base rate.
Read our full review of the Rabobank High Interest Savings Account.
Rabobank Premium Saver.
If you need some encouragement to save, the Online Savings Premium Saver offers a bonus rate when you grow your balance by at least $200 each month.
Read our full review of the Rabobank Premium Saver.
Rabobank Notice Saver.
This account requires you to give notice before accessing your savings, and is designed to stop you from dipping into your savings for impulse purchases. There are three separate notice periods you can choose; 31 days, 60 days or a 90 day notice before you can take cash out of your savings account.
Rabobank Term Deposit.
For as little as $1,000 you can invest in a term deposit for one month or up to five years. There are no fees charged, plus you can get a bonus rate if you choose to reinvest at the end of the term.
Read our full review of the Rabobank Term Deposit.
Different ways to bank with Rabobank
Rabobank operates mostly online in Australia. It has no bank branches for customers to visit and doesn't have an ATM network.
If you need to deposit cash or a cheque into your Rabobank account, you can do this at a participating Australia Post shop using Bank@Post. It's free to deposit cash into your account this way.
Rabobank Internet and mobile banking
Customers can access Rabobank's Internet banking portal 24/7 (called Online Savings Internet Banking) to review transactions and balances, transfer money between accounts, download your statements and open new Rabobank savings accounts.
The mobile app is called Rabobank AU and is free to download to manage your savings account. The app has a 1.5 star rating in the Google Play Store and a 4 star rating in the App store.
Any pros and cons to Rabobank accounts?
- Variety of savings accounts. Rabobank's savings accounts are designed to meet various saving styles.
- No fees. You are not charged any fees when with Rabobank accounts.
- Bonus rates. You have the opportunity to earn bonus interest when you are able to meet certain conditions.
- Link account from another bank. You can link your transaction account from another bank to your savings account with Rabobank.
- No branch access. There are no physical Rabobank branches for you to visit. All banking is done online.
- Poor app ratings. The mobile app has a very low user rating, particularly with Android users.
- Conditions. You have to meet specific conditions in order to receive the bonus interest on the savings accounts.
How to apply for a Rabobank account online
You can apply for a new account online in less than 10 minutes. Just make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents handy before you start your application.
- You're over 18 years old
- You're an Australian resident for tax purposes
- You have an Australian phone number and residential address
- Personal details like your name, date of birth, residential address, phone number and email address
- ID documents such as your driver's licence, Medicare card, passport or proof-of-age card
More guides on Finder
Rabobank Notice Saver SMSF (31 days)
Be rewarded with a competitive ongoing interest rate by agreeing to give 31 days notice to withdraw any funds.
Rabobank Notice Saver (90 days)
The Rabobank Notice Saver (90 days) rewards you with a competitive interest rate for agreeing to give 90 days notice before withdrawing your funds.
Rabobank Term Deposit
The Rabobank Term Deposit (SMSF) offers a range of benefits and features to help you boost your savings.
Rabobank Notice Saver (31 days)
With Rabobank’s Notice Saver, you are given flexibility to access your funds with advanced notice, along with a competitive interest rate.
Rabobank Term Deposit
Be rewarded for your loyalty with bonus interest when you roll your term deposit with Rabobank into a new one at maturity.
By paying you higher interest for growing your account, Rabobank is providing you with a good incentive to stay on track with your savings.
Rabobank High Interest Savings Account
With Rabobank you get simplified savings with better rates on your investments, especially if you are looking for complete access with a high interest savings account.
Ask an Expert