Compare Rabobank savings accounts and term deposits
With a number of distinct savings accounts to choose from, Rabobank takes your savings seriously.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Operating entirely online, Rabobank is a part of the Dutch Rabobank Group. Founded in 1898, they are now one of the world's largest financial institutions with over 1,000 branches in more than 40 countries. Despite the worldwide connection, Rabobank is still an Australian financial institution, with balances of up to $250,000 guaranteed by the government.
Awards Rabobank has earned
- Smart Investor Blue Ribbon – Online bank of the year.
- Smart Investor Blue Ribbon – Best term deposit.
Who is Rabobank?
Rabobank accounts focus on helping Australians grow their wealth through a number of different types of savings products. Whether you are passively trying to save for a special expense, or have a big expenditure in the near future, Rabobank can help you meet your goal.
What's internet banking like for Rabobank?
With the Rabobank Internet Banking platform you can view details surrounding account balances and transaction histories for the last 18 months. You can use this platform to make payments to your linked account. The website uses the latest in technology to keep all transmitted data safe.
To access Internet Banking on your desktop, you'll need to your DigiPass.
Notable features include:
- Extra layer of security using your DigiPass
- Transfer funds to your linked bank accounts
- Transfers can take up to 3 business days
To set up the app you need login through your Digipass. After you've initially set up then you can just use your 5 digit pin to access mobile banking for future use.
- Can't set up the app on your new phone? For security reasons, your logins may be blocked for any additional, new phones. Please call Rabobank for assistance.
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
|Login Page||Check your balances||Transfer Money|
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Rabobank?
- Online Savings High Interest Savings Account. Boost your savings for four months with an introductory bonus interest rate. Once that period ends you will still be earning a competitive rate with this fee free account.
- Online Savings Premium Saver. For Australians who need some encouragement to save, the Online Savings Premium Saver offers a bonus rate when you close the account at the end of each month with $200 more than it started with.
- Online Savings Notice Saver. This account gives you pause to spend your savings by making you have to give notice before you can make a withdrawal. There are three separate periods you can choose; 31 days, 60 days or a 90 day notice before you can take cash out of your savings account.
What term deposits are offered by Rabobank?
For as little as $1,000 you can invest in a term deposit for one month or up to five years. There are no fees charged for this competitive rate savings option, plus you can get a bonus rate if you choose to reinvest at the end of the terms.Back to top
Any pros and cons to Rabobank accounts?
- Variety. Rabobank's savings accounts are designed to meet various saving styles.
- No fees. You are not charged any fees when you choose to save with Rabobank.
- Bonus rates. You have the opportunity to boost the already competitive rates when you are able to meet certain conditions.
- Linked account. With Rabobank you can link your transaction account from another bank to your savings.
- Branch access. There are no physical Rabobank branches for you to visit. All banking is done online.
- Conditions. You have to meet specific conditions in order to receive the bonus interest on the savings accounts.
How do I apply for Rabobank savings accounts?
You need to compare the accounts offered by Rabobank to make sure they suit your personal financial needs and your unique situation. If you decide one of the Rabobank accounts meets your needs, the application process is completed entirely online. Once completed and your identity verified, you will be sent information regarding your new account via e-mail.
- Eligibility. The age of the account holder will vary by account, but you will need to be at least 16 years of age to get started with Rabobank. You will also have to show proof that you are an Australian resident with a residential address and that you have a bank account in Australia that is in your name.
- High interest savings account. Regardless of the product you wish to apply for, all applicants must first open a high interest savings account with Rabobank.
- Linked accounts. In order to transfer money in and out of your savings you will need to provide information about an Australian bank account that can be linked to your Rabobank account.
There are a number of features to consider when deciding on the best account to save your money in. In order to ensure that you are getting the most from your savings you should be comparing accounts offered by a number of banks before deciding on one.
More guides on Finder
Be money mindful: How to develop a positive money mindset during COVID-19
SPONSORED: You need to look after your financial health, not just your physical and mental health, during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here's how to do it.
UBank has dropped its savings account rate, how does it compare now?
UBank has cut the interest rate on its popular USave savings account down to 1.46% p.a. Here are a few accounts still offering a higher bonus rate.
Best home printers in Australia
We’ve read hundreds of real customer reviews to help you find the best printer for your home or home office.
Best prepaid plans for October 2020
Each month, we pick the best prepaid plans for 5 different categories to help you find the right mobile plan.
Best electricity plans for solar owners
Compare feed-in tariffs and more to find a good value plan.
Energy plans for renters
Renting shouldn't mean settling for a terrible energy plan. Find out how to make the best of your move.
Put your savings on autopilot: 4 money hacks for lazy people
SPONSORED: Saving money shouldn't feel like a chore. Here are four ways you can save more money while basically doing nothing at all.
Ask an Expert