Compare Suncorp Bank savings accounts
Get a transaction account for easy access to money, or a savings account to earn interest.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Suncorp Bank began operations in 1902, and while it remains an important part of Queensland’s banking system, it now boasts of a national presence. Suncorp Bank has more than 200 branches and 2,000 ATMs across Australia, and it provides its customers with online and mobile banking platforms.
Awards that Suncorp Bank has earned
- Money Magazine Best of the Best Awards, 2015. Suncorp Bank awarded Bank of the Year
- Money Magazine Best of the Best Awards, 2015. The Suncorp Bank Kids Savings Account awarded Best Kids Savings Account
Who is Suncorp Bank?
Suncorp Bank offers a range of personal banking, small to medium enterprise banking, commercial lending, and agribusiness banking solutions. As part of its personal banking solutions, it offers transaction accounts, savings, accounts, term deposits, credit cards, personal loans, home loans, and more.
While its transaction accounts give you easy access to funds in your account, you can consider opening a savings account or a term deposit if you wish to earn interest.
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
What transaction accounts are provided by Suncorp Bank?
- Everyday Options Account - This everyday account enables you to earn interest, while providing you with easy access to funds. You can link up to 9 sub-accounts to this account, in which case, they earn interest as well. This account attracts a monthly account keeping fee, which the bank would waive for the first 12 months if you apply online. Access to funds comes through a Visa debit card, branch banking, and a chequebook. Account holders can use BPAY to pay bills.
- Everyday Essentials Account - This account is for low income earners, and it does not attract any account keeping fees. Account holders get a Visa debit card, they can pay bills using BPAY, they can set up direct debits, and they can transact at Suncorp Bank branches. You don’t require a minimum deposit to open this account.
- 55 Plus Account - You can open this account if you’re over 55 years of age. This account does not attract account keeping fees, and account holders stand to earn interest in a tiered manner. You get a Visa debit card with this account, you get a chequebook, and you can look forward to transacting at branches. You also get the ability to pay bills using BPAY.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Suncorp Bank?
- eOptions Account - This online savings account does not attract any account keeping fees, it does not come with a minimum opening balance requirement, and you have the option of locking away part of your funds with flexiRates. Access to funds comes through online, mobile, and phone banking, and you can make deposits at Suncorp Bank branches.
- Kids Savings Account - This savings account does not attract any account keeping fees, Suncorp Bank transaction fees, or coin handling fees, and it offers account holders one monthly withdrawal. By adding at least $20 per month as combined deposits and not making any withdrawals, account holders stand to earn bonus interest. Account access comes via online, mobile, phone, and branch banking. Suncorp Bank also provides account holders with an array of banking related teaching tools.
What term deposits are offered by Suncorp Bank?
- Term Deposit - Suncorp Bank term deposits give you the ability to earn high interest on locked-away portions of your money. You can invest as little as $1,000 in a Suncorp Bank term deposit, and terms vary from one month to 60 months. Depending on the term of the deposit, you can choose to get interest every month, quarter, bi-annually, annually, or at maturity.
What are the pros and cons of Suncorp Bank accounts?
- Number of options. No matter whether you require easy access to money in your account, or wish to make the most of your money by earning interest, you can be certain that Suncorp Bank has an account to suit your needs.
- Branch and ATM network. Suncorp Bank has more than 200 branches spread across Australia, making it ideal for people who like banking in person. Account holders with Visa debit cards can access over 2,000 ATMs for free.
- Award winning account for kids. The Suncorp Bank Kids Savings Account is an award winner, and provides children with tools that they can use to understand the complexities of banking.
- Lack of branches. Compared to the big four, Suncorp has a lesser physical presence.
How do I apply for a Suncorp Bank account?
Depending on the account you wish to open, you can apply online, over the phone, or by visiting a branch. If you wish to apply for an account that accepts online applications, simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button, but make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria.
- You meet account specific age requirements
- You are an Australian resident
- You meet minimum account opening balance requirements (if any)
Completing the application successfully requires that you provide the following information.
- Details from identification documents like your Australian passport or driver’s licence
- Your residential address, email address, and phone number
More guides on Finder
Suncorp Growth Saver Account
You could reach your savings goal sooner with a Suncorp Growth Saver account thanks to the competitive bonus interest.
Suncorp Bank 55 Plus Account
Simplify your finances at retirement by combining your funds into one easy to manage transaction account.
Suncorp Everyday Essentials Account
Free Visa debit card and online access for low income earners and concession card holders.
Suncorp Kids Savings Account
You could start your financial future off on the right foot with a savings account that is custom made to fit the needs of Australian kids.
Suncorp Everyday Options Account
Combine your savings and everyday money into one convenient account and earn interest on your money.
Suncorp Everyday Options sub account
Rather than trying to manage multiple accounts for your range of financial needs, Suncorp provides you with an easy way to divide up your money in one convenient account.
Suncorp Term Deposit
Earn a competitive interest rate on your Suncorp term deposit with a fixed interest rate and your choice of term.
Suncorp eOptions Saver
The features of Suncorp's eOptions Saver account can reward account management with increased interest earned.
Suncorp eOptions flexiRates
With flexiRates as a part of your savings plan, you get the same benefits of a term deposit without the inflexibility.
Ask an Expert