Bank - Everyday Banking Customer Satisfaction finalist:
ME took third place in our everyday banking category this year, with 90% of the users that we surveyed saying they'd recommend the bank to a friend. Its customer satisfaction rating was 4.22 out of 5. Find more about Finder Banking Satisfaction Awards 2022.
ME Bank savings accounts, bank accounts and term deposits
Quick facts about ME Bank
- ME Bank is an online-only bank with no branches and no ATM network
- ME Bank is a relatively young bank and has been operating in Australia for about 25 years
- ME Bank was originally collectively owned by industry super funds, but it joined the Bank of Queensland Group in 2021
- Because it's all online, ME Bank is known for offering competitive banking products with low fees and strong rates
- ME Bank was one of the first banks in Australia to provide a refund on all local ATM withdrawal fees, along with ING
Accounts offered by ME Bank
Here's a quick overview of the different account ME Bank has:
ME Bank term deposit
The Me Bank term deposit has a minimum deposit of $5,000 and a range of term lengths between 1 month and 5 years.
Read our full review of the ME Bank term deposit.
Different ways to bank with ME Bank
ME Bank is an online-only bank with no bank branches and no ATMs in Australia, but it does offer a few different ways to do your banking.
If you need to deposit cash into your ME Bank account you can do this at a participating Australia Post shop using Bank@Post. It's free to deposit cash into your account this way.
ME Bank Internet and mobile banking
You can use ME Bank's Internet banking platform or mobile app 24/7 to do all your day-to-day banking. You can track account balances, pay bills and other direct debits, make BPAY payments, transfer funds between accounts, activate new cards or place existing ones on hold and to schedule payments. You can use the Internet Banking platform to increase your daily transfer limit to a maximum of $20,000 if needed for one-off large purchases.
The ME Bank app allows you to do most of the same things as the Internet Banking platform, but with the added convenience of being able to access the app anywhere you are. ME Bank mobile app has a 2.3-star rating on the App Store and a 1.5-star rating on Google Play, which is lower than other major banking apps.
ME Bank contactless payment options
ME Bank offers Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay to customers with a ME Bank debit card. This means you can use your phone (or any compatible device) to make contactless payments for everyday items, instead of using your physical debit card.
Pros and cons of banking with ME Bank
- No Australian ATM fees. ME will refund you any ATM withdrawal fees you pay in Australia.
- No branches. ME Bank does not have branch banking, although it does have sales offices in Victoria, Queensland and South Australia.
- Mobile app has low star ratings. The Me Bank app has a lower star rating in both the App Store and Google Play compared to many other banking apps.
How to apply for a ME Bank account online
You can apply for a new ME Bank account online in less than 10 minutes. Just make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents handy before you start your application.
- You're over 18 years old
- You're an Australian resident for tax purposes
- You have an Australian phone number and residential address
- Personal details like your name, date of birth, residential address, phone number and email address
- ID documents such as your driver's licence, Medicare card, passport or proof-of-age card
More guides on Finder
ME term deposit
With the ME term deposit you get a flexible savings plan with options that let you customise the terms to suit your needs.
Ask an Expert