Australians receiving a pension from their self-managed super fund (SMSF) can make it easier to access their cash with a SuperEdge Pension Account from AMP. Use a linked Visa debit card for purchases and withdrawals for no fee, while your balance can continue to grow from a competitive interest rate. This convenient account combines all of your financial needs into one easy to manage place.
AMP SuperEdge Pension Account
- Maximum variable rate
- 0.60% p.a.
- Base interest rate
This account is suited to customers who are drawing a pension from their self managed super fund (SMSF). It’s an account to receive and hold pension payments, and you’ll get 24/7 access to your money online and with a linked Visa Debit Card which you can use to make purchases all over the world.
There is a monthly fee of $0, but this is waived in months where you deposit at least $2,000 or maintain a balance of $5000.
If you link this account to an AMP SuperEdge Cash Account you’ll earn a 0.6% variable interest rate on your Cash Account balance.
No minimum account opening or balance
Full access to internet banking and phone banking
Competitive interest rate
Strict criteria applies
|AMP SuperEdge Pension Account
|Maximum Variable Rate
|Standard Variable Rate
|Monthly Account Fee
|Minimum Opening Deposit
Monthly account management fee
There is a monthly fee of $0 deducted from your balance. That fee is waived in months where you deposit at least $2,000 or maintain a balance of $5000. If you open this account through AMP's cash management service you won't ever pay that fee no matter what the balance of your account is or how much you are able to add to it.
Minimum balance requirement
There is no balance requirement with this account.
In order to be eligible for this account you must be an SMSF pension recipient or trustee.
A competitive variable interest rate is applied to the balance each day and paid into the account once a month. This will allow you to earn compound interest.
You have unlimited free access to your account with online, phone and mobile banking. This allows you to make transfers, receive payments and pay bills. The account is also linked to a Visa debit card for ease in making cash withdrawals and purchases.
Visa debit card
The linked Visa debit card can be used like cash with any merchant that accepts Visa as a form of payment. It also enables you to make purchases online and over the phone.
This feature allows you to use your mobile device to make point of sale payments without having to use your Visa debit card.
Visa payWave lets you make EFTPOS purchases of under $100 simply be waving your debit card at the machine.
You get unlimited free transactions at rediATMs across Australia. Using an ATM outside of that network may incur provider fees.
You must also have an AMP SuperEdge Cash Account in order to open and operate this account.
If you make a transaction in another currency you will be charged 2.5% of the Australian dollar amount.
Overseas EFTPOS transactionwill be charged to your account for each international point of sale transaction made.
Overseas ATM withdrawals
There is a $4.50 fee for all ATM transactions conducted outside of Australia.
How to apply
In order to open your AMP SuperEdge Pension Account you will either need to contact your AMP financial advisor or visit AMP website to access the downloadable application. There are two available depending on whether you are an individual or a trust so be sure that you are accessing the one that applies to your circumstance. Before beginning, check the following eligibility requirements to ensure that you qualify for this account:
- Minimum age. There are no age requirements, so long as you are receiving a pension from an SMSF.
- Residency requirements. This account is available for Australian residents.
- Depository requirements. You will not be required to make a minimum opening deposit although you will need to make at least $2,000 in deposits during the month in order to have the monthly fee waived.
You will find it helpful to have the following documentation close by as you are filling out the application:
- Tax file number. In order to make sure that withholding tax on your interest earnings is at the correct rate, AMP will ask you for your tax file number (TFN) or exemption. Bear in mind that you are not obligated to provide it, but if you don't, they will withhold tax at the highest marginal rate.
- Identification. Your passport or driver's licence will have the information needed to verify your identity. Alternatively you can ask for identification forms which can be filled out at a Bank@Post location.
- Account number. The account number for your AMP SuperEdge Cash Account will be required.
What happens after I submit my application?
It will take up to three business days after receiving your application for AMP to mail you your identification verification paperwork. Once your identity is confirmed your account will be opened within two business days. Your Visa debit card will be sent to your address through the Australian post.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked