Australian Mutual Bank savings and bank accounts
Are you a young adult, retired or just looking for a little more this Christmas? Australian Mutual Bank have a savings account to help you reach your savings goals.
Australian Mutual Bank savings and bank accounts
Quick facts about Australian Mutual Bank
- The mutual has been operating in Australia since 1953.
- On November 2021, Sydney Mutual Bank is rebranded to Australian Mutual Bank. Existing Sydney Mutual Bank customers were notified directly about changes to their banking.
- Australian Mutual Bank is a Sydney based full service mutual bank with products to cater for all types of Australians.
- As a mutual bank, it's owned by members not shareholders.
- Deposits in Australian Mutual Bank are covered under the government's financial claims scheme.
What savings accounts are offered by Australian Mutual Bank?
- iNetSaver Account
Get rewarded with one of Australian Mutual Bank’s highest rate of interest, the iNetSaver Account rewards you with more interest when you keep a balance over $2,000. This account does not include Debit or rediCARD access, manage your account online. Make an online transfers to a transaction account to withdraw the funds in the iNetSaver.
- Savings Motivator Account
The Australian Mutual Bank Motivator gives you an Incentive to keep saving. Get rewarded with bonus interest when you make deposits and no withdrawals each month. This account does not offer ATM access.
- Pension Aware Accounts
Australian Mutual Bank’s savings account for pensioners and retirees. Internet and telephone banking allows you to make BPAY payments and transfer money to other accounts. Use the rediCARD or get the Visa Debit Card to make online purchases as well as cash withdrawals. An overdraft facility can be attached to this account.
What term deposits are offered by Australian Mutual Bank?
- Term Deposit Account
Invest in terms from 3 months to 5 years. Lock in your investment for a fixed return and get interest paid when the investment matures. Open a Australian Mutual Bank term deposits with $5,000 or more.
What are the pros and cons of banking with Australian Mutual Bank?
- Bonus interest. Australian Mutual Bank provides you an incentive to save through bonus interest when you make regular deposits and no withdrawals.
- Kid’s accounts. Australian Mutual Bank have a great range of savings products specifically tailored to meet the needs of junior savers.
- Limited branch access. Australian Mutual Bank offer a suite of tools so you can do your banking online or over the phone; however, there is a limited number of Australian Mutual Bank branches if you wish to do your banking in person, especially outside of Sydney.
- Dated online banking. Australian Mutual Bank online banking lacks to the fresh and new look and feel of other online banking facilities, such as Commbank for example.
How do I apply for a Australian Mutual Bank account?
You must already be a Australian Mutual Bank member to apply for a savings or investment account. Australian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to become members. You can become a Australian Mutual Bank member online.
You must be over 18 to become a Australian Mutual Bank member.
You must be registered on the electoral role or in the telephone book.
Make sure you have your passport, driver's licence or medicard on hand to complete the identification requirements of the Australian Mutual Bank membership application.
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert