Compare RAMS savings accounts
Find out how RAMS can help boost your savings today.
In 1995 RAMS opened to help provide alternative home loan solutions in Australia. As their business grew so did their product line, allowing them to offer simple bank accounts to meet other financial needs. Feel secure to save with RAMS knowing that they are participants in the Australian Government’s guarantee scheme on deposits of up to $250,000 per person.
RAMS currently doesn't offer term deposits.
Who is RAMS?
Although their focus is on affordable home loans, RAMS offers their customers an easy alternative to savings with a competitive account that is accessed and maintained entirely online. With bonus interest and no fees, Australians can easily make their money grow towards that future dream purchase.
What’s Internet banking like for RAMS?
The myRAMS online banking and mobile banking platforms give RAMS customers the ability to check account balances, go through transaction history, transfer money between accounts, and manage and schedule payments. With scheduled payments, you have the ability to make changes and delete them. You can view interest summaries that give you clear indication of interest paid and earned.
RAMS relies on a number of security measures to ensure that much needed peace of mind. For additional safety, you can register for SMS notifications.
Notable features include
- Apply for RAMS deposit products
- Change your daily transfer limit
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
What transaction accounts are offered by RAMS?
- RAMS Action account. This is an online transaction account where you pay no fees while managing your deposits and expenses. An optional debit card allows you to make withdrawals for free using EFTPOS or an ATM that is a part of their alliance.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by RAMS?
- RAMS Saver savings account. Without any minimum balance requirement, you can take advantage of this fee free savings account. The competitive interest rate is boosted with a bonus rate every month that you are able to make at least $200 in deposits without having any withdrawals.
Awards that RAMS has earned
- Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Awards. 2013 winner for the online saver account.
- Money Magazine. Best of the Best in 2014 for best savings account for regular deposits.
Any pros and considerations?
- Accessibility. All of your account transactions can be made easily online with RAMS banking products.
- Fees. With the accounts offered by RAMS you are not being charged any monthly service fees.
- Bonus interest. If you don’t meet the terms for bonus interest in one month, a competitive interest rate is still applied to the balance.
- Deposits and balances. There is no minimum balance you need to maintain and no limit on the amount of deposits. You should note that balances which exceed $5 million will not earn any interest.
- Variety. With RAMS you are not given many options when choosing an account.
- Accessibility. The issued debit card for the RAMS transaction account is not affiliated with a major credit card company. This makes it only useful for cash withdrawals, and not for purchases.
How do I apply for a RAMS savings account?
Applying for the RAMS Saver account is done online, and should take approximately ten minutes to sign up (with online ID verification). There are some conditions you will need to meet in order for your application to be accepted.
- Eligibility. Australian residents who are aged 18 or over may open the RAMS Saver account online. You must have an Australian residential address and be able to provide an e-mail address as well as an Australian mobile phone number.
- Use of account. You should note that this account is for personal use only and not available for a business, company or trust.
- Linked account. As there are no branches for RAMS to make deposits you will need to provide an Australian bank account number for a transaction account that can be linked to this one.
When making a decision as important as where to deposit your money for savings, it is a good idea to compare various banks and the account options they offer. This will help in making an informed decision about which institution provides you with the features and services you want.
Read more on this topic
Ask an Expert