QBANK is a member-owned financial institution that has been operating since 1964. It was previously known as Queensland Police Credit Union (QPCU) and offers financial products and services to current and previous employees from Queensland police, ambulance, fire, nursing, emergency services and public sector, as well as their family members. QBANK offers one credit card, the Bluey Visa, which has a low interest rate, balance transfer offer and worldwide acceptance through the Visa card network.
Compare QBANK Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from QBANK
Low rate credit card
The QBANK Bluey Visa credit card has a 12.49% variable interest rate, which is competitive with other low rate credit cards. But unlike many other cards in this category, it also offers no annual fee ever. This gives you a way to save on both interest charges and account costs.
Benefits of a QBANK credit card
You can use a QBANK credit card in over 200 countries around the world, anywhere Visa is accepted. You also get added security online with Visa Secure and access to exclusive entertainment, travel and lifestyle offers through Visa Offers + Perks.
Contactless and mobile payments
QBANK offers internet and mobile banking, as well as phone and branch services, so you can access your account details from anywhere.
How to apply
You can apply for a QBANK credit card online in a few minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card.
- Employment and industry. As QBANK is focused on state and government service industries, you can only apply if you live in Queensland and are a current or former government employee (local, state or federal), or if your job involves justice and protection of life and property. This includes if you work for Queensland police, fire and emergency services, the ambulance service, corrective services, health services or if you volunteer for the SES, Rural Fire Service, St John's Ambulance or Surf Life Savers. You can also apply if you are a spouse, sibling, child or parent of a QBANK member (alive or deceased). If you have questions about your eligibility, you can call QBANK on 13 77 28, Mon-Fri between 8:45am and 4:30pm (AEST).
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, phone number, email address and residential address. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card details.
- Employment details. This covers your current job title, salary, length of time in the role and your employer's contact details. You may also be asked for recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you need to include details of any other forms of income, as well as savings, other assets and existing cards, loans, debts or other liabilities. You also need to provide an estimate of your share of regular household expenses including rent, mortgage payments, utility bills and essentials.
If you have a question about your application, you can call QBANK on 13 77 28.
Credit card brands similar to QBANK
If you want a credit card from a member-owned bank or one based in Queensland, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with QBANK:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- QBANK phone number: 13 77 28
- QBANK home loans
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert