Summerland Credit Union Credit Cards
Compare credit cards from Summerland Credit Union, including low rate, rewards and balance transfer options.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Summerland Credit Union Credit Cards Comparison
What types of credit cards does Summerland offer?
Low rate credit card
The Summerland Low Rate Credit Card offers a 11.99% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases and a $0 annual fee in the first year ($49 thereafter). If you want to pay off existing credit card debt, you can also take advantage of 0% p.a. for 9 months on balance transfers when you request the transfer at the time of your application.
Rewards credit card
The Summerland Rewards credit card earns 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, with 1,000 points converting to $10 cashback on your account. This cashback is automatically converted and added to your account every six months. The Summerland Rewards credit card has a $0 annual fee for the first year (reverts to $79 p.a.) and offers an introductory 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for the first 12 months.
Benefits of banking with Summerland Credit Union
Here are the features and services you can look forward to if you choose one of these Summerland Credit Union credit cards:
$0 annual fee in the first year
Both the Summerland Low Rate and Rewards credit cards offer a $0 annual fee for the first year. After the first 12 months, the annual fee for the Low Rate card reverts to $49 p.a., while the annual fee for the Rewards card reverts to $79 p.a. and is charged around the anniversary of your account opening.
Pay your account’s closing balance in full by the due date on your statement and you can enjoy interest-free days on purchases. The interest-free period starts at the beginning of your statement period and ends on the due date listed on the statement for that period. Note that interest-free days are not available when you carry a balance, including from a balance transfer debt.
As well as worldwide acceptance through the Visa network, this card offers tap-and-go payments at checkout and extra security online through Verified by Visa. You can also make faster online payments through Visa Checkout and access exclusive offers on entertainment, shopping, dining and more through Visa Offers + Perks.
How to apply for a Summerland Credit Union Credit Card
You can apply for a Summerland credit card online in a few minutes. You can also apply by visiting any Summerland branch or by calling 1300 802 222. To get started, make sure that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the required documents and details on hand for the application.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Employment. You must currently have paid employment.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment details. This covers your current job title, salary and employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This section requires information about your assets and expenses. This includes savings and other investments as well as your regular living expenses and any other recurring expenses. You also have to provide details about existing loans, credit cards, store cards and other debts.
If you’re not an existing Summerland member, you will also have to apply for Summerland membership before you can get a new credit card. This is a simple process, but you may need to visit a Summerland branch as part of the identification process.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Bank Australia Commercial Visa credit card
Designed to help you track business spending, this Bank Australia credit card offers cards for employees and interest-free days on purchases.
Defence Bank Foundation Credit Card
This card gives you a way to support a program that matches rescue dogs with veterans in need and enjoy a low interest rate on all your spending.
Diners Club Business Card
The Diners Club Business Card can be used to earn points per $1 with over 35 million merchants – including Officeworks, Qantas and Woolworths.
Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Diners Club isn’t as widely accepted as other cards, but you can still earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 at major retailers with this card.
Diners Club Personal Card
Diners Club offers a competitive rewards program, travel and shopping perks and can be used at businesses including Coles, Woolworths and Target.
Illawarra Credit Union Low Rate credit card
The Illawarra Credit Union Low Rate credit card gives you simple features, mobile payments and a $0 annual fee in the first year.
Credit cards vs buy now pay later
Both buy now pay later plans and credit cards give you ways to pay off purchases over time – here's how they compare.
CommBank Neo card
A new type of credit card to the Australian market, the CommBank Neo doesn’t charge any interest but has a monthly fee instead. Find out more in our comprehensive review.
NAB StraightUp card
Unlike other credit cards, the NAB StraightUp doesn’t charge any interest but has a monthly fee instead. Find out more here.
Finder Awards 2020 Best Balance Transfer Credit Card
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Balance Transfer Credit Card.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.