We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Police Credit Union has one credit card option you can apply for: the extralite Visa. This credit card offers a low interest rate, no annual fee and mobile payments through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. You can learn more about this credit card and what it's like to bank with Police Credit Union here.
Comparison of Police Credit Union credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of Police Credit Union credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The Police Credit Union extralite is a low rate credit card that has a 13.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases and cash advances. It also offers interest-free days on purchases if you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, worldwide acceptance through the Visa payment network and fraud protection.
Benefits of banking with Police Credit Union
If you're interested in getting a Police Credit Union credit card, some of the key features you'll get include:
You can use this Visa credit card to make payments all around the world, wherever you see the Visa logo. This includes when you're shopping in person, online or when you're making payments over the phone. You can also tap this card to pay at the checkout, with no need to enter a PIN for purchases under $100. If you want to know more about contactless payments, this guide is a good place to start.
Visa Offers + Perks
As a Visa credit card, the Police Credit Union extralite gives you access to exclusive deals on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks. All you need to do is visit the Visa website, find offers that you're interested in and follow the steps to claim them.
Police Credit Union offers a Guardian Fraud Protection Service that helps identify fraud and high-risk transactions – and takes action to recover any funds taken through fraud. It also monitors fraud trends to stay on top of the latest risks. This service also gives you access to a Guardian Money Back Guarantee, which offers cover if your card is used for fraud, as long as you notify the credit union of the fraud as soon as possible. Alongside these benefits, you'll get an extra level of verification online through one-time passwords and Visa Secure.
How to apply for a Police Credit Union credit card
You can apply for a Police Credit Union credit card online by filling in a secure application form. You can also download an application form that can be submitted in a branch, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by fax (08 8208 5660) or by post (Reply Paid PO Box 6074, Halifax Street PO, ADELAIDE SA 5000). Alternatively, you can request a callback from Police Credit Union when you apply through the website.
Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you'll need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You need to be a permanent resident of Australia to complete the online application. If you're not a permanent resident, you can discuss your options by calling Police Credit Union on 1300 131 844 in Australia, or +61 8 8208 5761 if you're outside Australia.
- Credit history. You should not have ever been bankrupt or had any legal proceedings against you.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and your contact details. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you'll need to provide details of your profession, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, savings and other assets, as well as existing debts, credit cards and other liabilities. You also need to estimate your share of regular household expenses such as rent or mortgage payments, groceries and utility bills.
If you have any questions about the application process, you can call Police Credit Union on 1300 131 844, email email@example.com or visit a branch.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card
Make contactless payments and enjoy a low ongoing interest rate on this no annual fee Visa credit card from Police Credit Union.
Ask an Expert