The Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card has a 13.99% p.a. interest rate and offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases. You can learn more about this card's costs, features and benefits and find out how to apply below.
Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card
- Purchase rate
- 13.99% p.a.
- Annual fee
- $0 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 44 days
The Police Credit Union extralite is a no annual fee credit card that also offers an ongoing interest rate of 13.99% p.a., which is competitive with other low rate credit cards. It also offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases if you pay the account's closing balance in full by the due date on your statement.
As a Visa credit card, you can use the Police Credit Union extralite to make purchases in-store, online or over the phone all around the world (wherever Visa is accepted). You also get the benefit of the Guardian Fraud Protection Service, which includes fraud-monitoring and a money back guarantee against fraudulent transactions.
No monthly or annual fees
Low 13.99% p.a. interest rate on purchases
Protected by Guardian Fraud Protection Service
Only offers up 44 days interest-free, compared to other cards that offer up to 55 days
Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
Doesn't provide any rewards on your spending
|Police Credit Union Extralite Credit Card
|Purchase rate p.a.
|Up to 44 days on purchases
|Cash advance rate p.a.
|Min credit limit
|Max credit limit
|Available to temporary residents
|Minimum monthly repayment
|3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater
|Late payment fee
|Foreign currency conversion fee
|Cash advance fee
|Overseas cash advance fee
How to applyYou can apply for the Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card online by filling in a secure application form. Alternatively, you can call the team on 1300 131 844. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the required documents on hand:
- Residency. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Credit history. You must not have a history of bankruptcy or legal proceedings against you.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Make sure you have the following information when you apply for the Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card:
- Identification. You must become a member of the credit union when you apply for the Visa credit card. You can complete this step online using your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card.
- Income and assets. List information about your income, your employer and any income generating assets such as savings or investment accounts. You can apply for this account if you're working casual, full time, part time or if you're self employed.
- Expenses and liabilities. Provide details about your ongoing monthly expenses, liabilities and information about other credit cards if you want to carry out a balance transfer.
- $0 annual fee. The Police Credit Union extralite Credit Card charges no annual fee for life.
- Contactless payments. Make contactless payments for purchases under $100 at the checkout. You can also link your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to make contactless payments using your smartphone or compatible device.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your statement balance in full by the due date.
- Fraud protection. The Guardian Fraud Protection Service monitors your account for suspicious transactions and can help you recover lost funds if you experience credit card fraud. You also get a money back guarantee, which means you will be reimbursed for unauthorised credit card purchases that are detected on your account.
Rates & fees
- Interest rate. This card charges an ongoing interest rate of 13.99% p.a., which applies to both purchases and cash advances.
- Overseas transaction fee. If you use this card for purchases made in a foreign currency, a fee worth 3% of the transaction will apply. This includes foreign currency transactions made online.
- Minimum credit limit. This low rate credit card features a minimum credit limit of $1,000. Note that your actual credit limit is determined based on the lending criteria, and may be different to this amount.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked