Coles Pet Insurance Review
Coles pet insurance is one of the only funds that lets you claim 100% back on your vet bills.
Maximum yearly benefit
80% or 100%
|Product Name||Coles Comprehensive Cover|
80% or 100%
|Annual Benefit||$250 in total; separate limits apply per treatment.|
|Cooling Off Period||21 days|
|Cruciate Ligament Benefit||$3,000|
|Consultations and Vet Visits||$0|
- Coles pet insurance is one of the few providers available on Finder that offers up to 80% or 100% back on eligible vet bills — most only offer 80%.
- Coles pays your approved procedures directly to the vet — you only need to pay the excess. Some insurers require you to pay then they reimburse you.
- You can earn 10x Flybuys points on pet food items you buy at Coles Supermarket.
- Its $15,000 annual benefit limit is not market-leading — Everyday, Petsy and Knose all offer between $5,000 and $8,000 more. Keep in mind this might mean you'll pay more though.
- Coles has a 21-day waiting period for accidental injuries (which in some cases, they will waive). Most insurers have a waiting period for injuries.
Why compare pet insurance with Finder?
You pay the same price as buying directly from the pet insurer.
We're not owned by an insurer (unlike other comparison sites).
We don't ask for your phone or email.
We've reviewed over 35 policies on the market, so you don't have to.
Coles pet insurance policy options
Coles offers 3 different tiers of pet insurance: Basic, Comprehensive and Premium:
Coles Basic cover is the simplest policy; it covers accidental injuries and specified illnesses only. It comes with a $10,000 annual benefit limit and you need to pay a $200 excess when you make a claim.
Coles Comprehensive policy covers accidents and specified illnesses, pays 100% of eligible vet bills and covers you for up to $12,000 per year.
Coles Premium cover protects your pet if they're in an accident or they get ill. It pays 100% of eligible vet bills and you can claim up to $15,000 per year.
Am I eligible to apply for a Coles pet insurance policy?
To apply for Coles pet insurance, you need to be a domestic dog or cat owner residing in Australia. You should have the financial capacity to pay for emergency treatment costs and then seek reimbursement.
See what your pet won't be covered for in the FAQs section.
🏥 What does Coles pet insurance cover?
Here's a breakdown of what's included with a Coles pet insurance policy.
All Coles pet insurance policies cover accidental injuries and they can all pay between 80% and 100% of your vet bill. It can cover illnesses such as:
- A motor vehicle incident
- A burn or electrocution
- An allergic reaction
- Tick paralysis
- Ingestion of foreign object
- A snake bite
- A bone fracture
- Skin conditions
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Eye conditions
- Heart conditions
If you want cover for unspecified illnesses, you'll need to get a Premium policy. Its Basic policy only covers some illnesses such as hip dysplasia and hip replacement.
- Teeth cleaning
- Heartworm control
How much does Coles pet insurance cost?
The cost of Coles pet insurance varies depending on a number of factors, including the age, species and breed of your pet. To give you an example, we’ve gathered quotes for a female desexed dog for ages 1 and 5 across 5 different dog breeds.
|Dog Breed||1yr old||5yr old|
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||$1,180.90||$1,745.53|