Petsy Pet Insurance Review
We looked at 8+ policies — Petsy pet insurance is the only one to offer 100% back and a $25,000 benefit limit.
Maximum yearly benefit
|Product Name||Petsy Dog Accidental Injury and Illness Cover (Vet Select)|
|Cooling Off Period||30 days|
|Cruciate Ligament Benefit||$4,000|
|Excess options||No excess to pay|
|Consultations and Vet Visits||$0|
- Its comprehensive policy gives you 100% back. Out of the 9 pet insurance policies on Finder, only 2 others also offer this, but none have as high a benefit limit and you don't have an excess to pay either.
- Its $25,000 annual benefit limit is market-leading — only 1 other insurer (Knose) on Finder offers this much but it doesn't cover 100% of vet bills.
- It offers lots of policies tailored to various budgets.
- Its 4-year-old age limit is a year less than the majority of other insurers available on Finder.
- If your pet has a chronic pre-existing condition, you won't be able to receive cover.
Compare pet insurance from Petsy Pet Insurance
Petsy pet insurance policy options
Here's a quick overview of Petsy pet insurance policy options:
Vet Select. Vet Select is Petsy's highest level of cover, is available for cats and dogs, comes with a $25,000 annual limit and pays 100% of eligible vet bills.
Accidental injury and/or illness cover. This can cover cats and dogs (though the annual benefit limit you can claim is lower for cats) and pays 80% of eligible vet bills. You can choose to take out accident only or accident and illness cover.
Puppy cover. Petsy also lets you take out cover for your puppy. You're eligible for cover if your pet is over 8 weeks old and younger than 6 months.
Indoor cat cover. Indoor cat cover comes with a $5,000 annual benefit limit and covers 80% of eligible vet bills. It only covers specified illnesses since it's unlikely your indoor cat will be involved in an accident.
Petsy pet insurance costs
To help give you an idea about costs for Petsy pet insurance, we gathered annual quotes for a few of Australia's favourite dog breeds. Just remember, prices are going to change based on things like your own dog's breed and age, and your address, so it's always worth comparing policies and getting a few quotes.
|Dog Breed||1yr old||4yr old|
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||$858.86||$1,050.24|
👥 Petsy pet insurance reviews
We looked through Petsy pet insurance customer reviews on ProductReview.com, which goes back 1 year from August 2021. Here's a summary of how Petsy stacks up against other brands:
- It has only received 5-star reviews.
- Most claims are processed in less than 1 week – that's better than other insurers such as Bow Wow and RSPCA.
- While all of its reviews are positive, it has substantially fewer reviews than other brands such as RSPCA, Bow Wow and PIA.