Pet insurance discount codes and promotions for June 2021
Coupon codes and deals to save money on dog, cat and other pet insurance
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pets are an important part of the family and no one wants to be forced to choose between their furry friend and their bank account. Fortunately, coupon codes and deals are an easy way to save money on pet insurance, without affecting the type of cover you’re getting.
Take advantage of these discount codes and pet insurance tips to make sure you’re able to give your pet the medical treatment they deserve, without blowing your budget.
Knowing how pet insurance costs are determined can help you find new ways to save, while costs can be further reduced by looking for more discounts. These include:
- Online discounts. Buying pet insurance isn’t like buying a pet. In fact, unlike searching for a pet puppy on the world wide web, online pet insurance is often a preferable option that can deliver significant discounts.
- Multi-pet discounts. If you own more than one pet, you can often get discounts for insuring a few, or all, of them. Look for insurers that offer discounts in line with the number of pets you need cover for.
- Multi-policy discounts. You can often save by taking out cover with a current insurer. This can also be combined with multi-pet discounts for further savings.
- Ongoing loyalty discounts. Insurers are often happy to reward customer loyalty with discounts that grow alongside your new pet. This might be through reduced prices, additional benefits or with gifts and other free bonuses.
- Using existing cover. Some insurance policies may come with pet cover included. Check whether you have any existing cover, and consider whether you want to replace it, merely fill in the gaps or if it’s already right for you.
- Variable excess. As with other types of insurance, you can choose a lower excess with pet insurance policies to get reduced premiums.
Combine these discounts with other ways of saving on pet insurance, and you can find a lot more room to maneuver between effective cover and affordable prices.
What types of pet insurance policies can I get discounted?
There are many different insurers, and a number of different pet insurance policies to consider. Discounts are often particular to insurers or policy types, but you can get them with almost any form of pet insurance, including:
- Accidental injury pet insurance: Cover your furry friend against the unexpected (but not the expected) with a cost-effective accidental-injury-only policy. Discounts mean you can find exceptionally affordable accidental injury cover, but you may want to use them to find a higher level of protection instead.
- Injury and illness pet insurance policies: A more thorough level of cover that can protect you from many of the more significant pet ownership costs, these policies mean you don’t have to choose between value and effectiveness.
- Premium, comprehensive pet cover: By getting discounts on comprehensive pet insurance policies you can save even more all up, while still knowing that you’re doing everything to can to make sure your pet can spend as much time on this earth as possible.
- Lifetime pet insurance: Many people make sure to get an effective lifetime pet insurance policy as soon as they can after their new family member arrives home. Discounts for lifetime pet insurance policies can deliver long-term savings and make a real difference.
- Renewable pet cover: If you’re opting for 12-month pet insurance policies, or other renewable temporary cover types, it may be worth considering discounts as part of finding the most cost-effective policy.
- Equine cover: Horse owners may appreciate the importance of effective cover, as well as the long term value of discounts. Many insurers, both specialist and general, are able to offer deals.
- Dog and cat pet insurance: Some insurers may offer cover specific to cats or dogs, while the discounts can be more general, or equally specific. Compare the discounts along with the policy options to make sure you’re getting the savings you’re entitled to.
More guides on Finder
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?
Ask an Expert