- Flexible excess options. Choose from a Choice of $50, $100 and $150 excess. The bigger the excess you pay, the cheaper your premiums will be.
- The Deluxe Plan is one of the few policies to offer comprehensive dental cover for your pet.
- It comes with a $15,000 paralysis tick benefit. That's higher than many other competitors including Medibank, Budget Direct and PIA.
- While most policies make you wait 30 days (like Woolies, Medibank and Budget Direct), PD has shorter waiting periods for their polices. These include: 21 days for illnesses such as Tick Paralysis , 90 days for Cruciate Ligament and 6 months for dental illness.
- Its top policy comes with a $15,000 benefit limit, but a handful of pet insurers offer between $5,000 and $10,000 more.
- PD pay 100% of vet bills and charge you an excess, so if you'd rather get a pet insurance policy with a reimbursement rate and no excess, look elsewhere.