We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
On top of that, you'll pay zero excess regardless of your policy and get a heap of complimentary benefits like emergency boarding for your pet if you are hospitalised, essential euthanasia and automatic overseas cover for New Zealand and Norfolk Island.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Bow Wow Meow pet insurance website or compare a bunch of other pet insurance companies with finder.
- Up to $20,000 worth of benefits covered.
- $0 excess so your cash stays in your pocket.
- Up to 80% of vet bills covered.
- Dental illness and Alternative therapy is only covered in the Ultimate Care policy.
Review by our pet insurance expert Alexandra Koster
What is Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance?
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance offers four competitive policies to its customers: Accident Plus, Peace of Mind, Ultimate Care and Indoor Cat.
|Bow Wow Meow Accident Plus Plan|
|Bow Wow Meow Peace of Mind Plan|
|Bow Wow Meow Ultimate Care Plan|
|Bow Wow Meow Indoor Cat Plan|
See some prices for Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance
To help give you an idea about costs for Bow Wow Meow pet insurance, we gathered quotes for a few of Australia's favourite dog breeds. Just remember, prices are going to change based on things like your own dog's breed, age and your address, so it's always worth comparing policies and getting a few quotes.
|Dog Breed||1yr old||5yr old|
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||$1,056.87||$1,507.68|
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Policy Comparison
|Accident Plus Plan||Peace of Mind Plan||Ultimate Care Plan||Indoor Cat Plan|
|Annual benefit limit|
|Percentage of vet bill covered|
|Excess per condition|
|Covers accidental injury|
|Consultations and visits|
|After-hours emergency visits|
|Medicines and drugs|
|Cruciate ligament surgery|
|Optional routine care cover|
|Lifetime cover available|
|21-day cooling-off period|
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Accidental Injury Cover
Accidental Injury Cover is available from Bow Wow Meow as soon as your pet reaches eight weeks of age. This type of cover is available under the three of the company's insurance policies. Your policy will cover up to 80% of your vet bills when your pet suffers an accidental injury as a result of one of the following:
- Snake bite
- Motor vehicle incident
- Burn or electrocution
- An allergic reaction to an insect bite, excluding flea and tick bites.
You'll also be covered if your pet suffers an accidental injury which results in one of the following:
- A bone fracture
- A traumatic ligament or tendon injury
- Lacerations or abrasion of tissue, skin or mucous membrane caused by external violence
However, there are certain circumstances where Bow Wow Meow will not help cover your vet bills, such as if the injury is caused by a pre-existing condition, or if it is for things like patellar luxations or elbow dysplasia.
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Illness Cover
Illness Cover from Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance is available under the Peace of Mind Plan and the Ultimate Care Plan. To be eligible, pets need to be aged between eight weeks and nine years when first commencing cover. Illness Cover will help you with up to 80% of the vet bills when your cat or dog requires treatment for an illness. This can include:
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Cancer treatment
- Skin conditions
- Ear infections
- Some congenital issues.
Vet bills for treating many illnesses can be quite expensive, particularly if your pet has cancer, so this type of cover offers great peace of mind to caring pet owners. However, you'll need to remember that there are certain circumstances where a benefit will not be paid. To start with, pre-existing conditions are not included in Illness Cover. Similarly, if your pet suffers an illness for which there is a known vaccine, don't expect to receive a benefit from Bow Wow Meow. Such illnesses include:
- Kennel cough
- Parvovirus for dogs
- Feline Immunodeficiency Virus
- Calicivirus for cats.
You also will not be covered if your pet suffers from an illness caused by endoparasites (such as worms) or ectoparasites (including ticks, fleas and skin mites).
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Additional Benefits
Bow Wow Meow policyholders can take advantage of the following additional benefits:
- Emergency boarding. If you are your pet's sole carer and you are hospitalised for five or more consecutive days, you'll be reimbursed for the cost of boarding your pet at a licensed kennel or cattery. However, you won't be covered if you are hospitalised for pregnancy or a cosmetic procedure.
- Essential euthanasia. If your vet decides that the most humane and essential course of action is to have your pet euthanised, the cost of this procedure will be borne by Bow Wow Meow. However, extra costs, such as burial, cremation or voluntary euthanasia, will not be covered.
- Paralysis tick benefit. If you are charged veterinary costs as a result of your pet requiring treatment for tick paralysis, this benefit will cover the cost involved. However, tick preventative measures and treatments are not included in your policy's coverage.
- Pet overseas travel insurance. If your pet travels overseas with you to a country where Australian quarantine regulations do not require it to be quarantined when you return, the cost of any veterinary expenses you incur while overseas will be covered up to the benefit limit.
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Routine Care and Wellness Benefits
Being a responsible pet owner is a hugely important part of adding a cat or dog to your family. With this in mind, Bow Wow Meow promotes responsible ownership by offering Routine Care and Wellness Benefits to holders of an Ultimate Care or Peace of Mind Plan. These benefits help cover the cost of some preventative healthcare treatments for your pet as well as routine care and treatment services. This includes procedures like microchipping, vaccinations, desexing and worming your pet. This extra level of cover allows proud pet owners to give their pets the care they need.
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance General Exclusions
Keep in mind that there are certain conditions, circumstances and events that are excluded from cover under your Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance policy. Your claim will not be paid if:
- If your claim is for house calls or out of hours treatment, Bow Wow Meow will only cover the cost of what the treatment would have been if conducted within hours at a vet practice—unless it was an emergency situation
- It arises from a malicious act, intentional injury or gross negligence by you or someone who lives with you
- It is caused by war
- It is for ambulance fees or non-essential hospitalisation
- It is for dental procedures, gingivitis, treating or removing fractured teeth, teeth cleaning, removing deciduous teeth or any oral disease
- It is for genetic testing or cell-replacement therapies
- It is for medication not approved or listed by the APVMA (Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medication Authority)
- It is for organ transplant surgery, artificial limbs or prosthetics
- It is for routine examinations, elective treatment, experimental treatment or cosmetic procedures
- It is for the cost of regular, prescription or dietary pet food
- It is for the treatment of a banned or restricted breed
- It is for transport or boarding expenses
- It is related to breeding or obstetrics
- It is related to grooming or bathing your pet, including the use of medicated shampoos
- It is related to or exacerbated by a pre-existing condition
- The condition is specifically excluded on your certificate of insurance
- You failed to take all reasonable precautions to protect your pet from situations which may have led to them suffering an illness or injury
- You pursue a course of treatment other than that recommended by your vet
- Your claim is related to training, socialisation, therapy, or alternative therapies
- Your pet is treated for behavioural problems, for example a phobia
- Your pet is used for commercial or occupational purposes, such as for police work or as a racing greyhound. However, Assistance Dogs and Guide Dogs are exempt from this exclusion
- Your pet suffers a condition where the diagnosis is inconclusive, but the treatment protocol prescribed is the same as the treatment protocol you would follow for a condition which is excluded from cover.
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance FAQs
If you want to make sure you can afford care and treatment for your furry friend, consider the four pet insurance policies offered by Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance. Each policy is designed to meet the needs and budget of different pet owners, so consider the benefits of these policies compared to other offerings on the market to work out which policy is right for you.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best Prime Day deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?
Ask an Expert