- It's one of the few insurers to give you 10% back on your premiums after the first year.
- It comes with affordable options that still cover illnesses if you're looking for a cheap policy. Most basic policies only cover accidents
- Its 30 day cooling off period is better than many other insurers.
- Its 75% reimbursement rate is similar to the majority of other pet insurers.
- Its $12,000 annual benefit limit is not market-leading — out of 14 policies on Finder, 10 offer more.
- Like most insurers, if your pet has a chronic pre-existing condition, you won't be able to receive cover.
Compare policy options and get a quote
Real offers three different levels of cover for applicants to choose from: Premium Accident & Illness Cover, Standard Accident & Illness Cover and Classic Accident & Illness Cover. Here's an overview of what they include:
All Real pet insurance policies cover accidental injuries. They can pay between 60% and 80% of vet bills for injuries such as:
- Motor vehicle incidents
- Burns or electrocutions
- Bone fractures
- Snake bite toxicity
- Ligament injuries
All of Real's policies cover your pet if they get sick
. They can pay 60%, 80% or 75% of vet bills related to illnesses such as:
- Skin conditions
- Ear and eye conditions
- Ingesting a forgein object
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Hereditary conditions (excluding pre-existing conditions)
You can pay extra to have Routine Care
added to your cover but it's only available with the Premium policy. It can pay for routine and preventative treatments such as:
- Alternative therapies
- Cremation or burial
- Vaccinations or health checks
To help give you an idea about costs for Real pet insurance, we gathered quotes for a few of Australia's favourite dog breeds. Just remember, prices are going to change based on things like your own dog's breed, age and your address, so it's always worth comparing policies and getting a few quotes.
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||$988.47||$1,251.09|
We looked at Real customer reviews on Finder and productreview.com which go back 9 years from August 2021. Here's a summary of how it performed.
- Customers are generally happy with Real pet insurance's service. It currently has a 4.5 rating on Finder and over 170 positive reviews on productreview.com.
- Not all customers think Real pet insurance's customer service is good. It's had 70 Over 1 star reviews on productreview.com.