- It's one of the few insurers to give you 10% back on your premiums after the first year.
- It comes with affordable options that still cover illnesses if you're looking for a cheap policy. Most basic policies only cover accidents
- Its 30 day cooling off period is better than many other insurers.
- Its 75% reimbursement rate is similar to the majority of other pet insurers.
- Its $12,000 annual benefit limit is not market-leading — out of 16 policies on Finder, 9 offer more.
- Like most insurers, if your pet has a chronic pre-existing condition, you won't be able to receive cover.
Compare policy options and get a quote
Why compare pet insurance with Finder?
You pay the same price as buying directly from the pet insurer.
We're not owned by an insurer (unlike other comparison sites).
We don't ask for your phone or email.
We've reviewed over 35 policies on the market, so you don't have to.
Real offers three different levels of cover for applicants to choose from: Premium Accident & Illness Cover, Standard Accident & Illness Cover and Classic Accident & Illness Cover. Here's an overview of what they include:
All Real pet insurance policies cover accidental injuries. They can pay between 60% and 80% of vet bills for injuries such as:
- Motor vehicle incidents
- Burns or electrocutions
- Bone fractures
- Snake bite toxicity
- Ligament injuries
All of Real's policies cover your pet if they get sick. They can pay 60%, 80% or 75% of vet bills related to illnesses such as:
- Skin conditions
- Ear and eye conditions
- Ingesting a forgein object
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Hereditary conditions (excluding pre-existing conditions)
You can pay extra to have Routine Care added to your cover but it's only available with the Premium policy. It can pay for routine and preventative treatments such as:
- Alternative therapies
- Cremation or burial
- Vaccinations or health checks
To help give you an idea about costs for Real pet insurance, we gathered quotes for a few of Australia's favourite dog breeds. Just remember, prices are going to change based on things like your own dog's breed, age and your address, so it's always worth comparing policies and getting a few quotes.
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||$1,021.36||$1,401.64|
You pay the same as buying directly from the pet insurer. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site – plus, our tables make it easy to compare policies.
Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. That means our opinions are our own and we work with lots of pet insurance brands, making it easier for you to find a good deal.
We're here to help
Since 2016, we've helped 110,000+ people find pet insurance by explaining your cover options, simply and clearly. We'll never ask for your number or email. We're here to help you make a decision.