Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own.

Finder Pet Insurance Awards 2024

Our experts compared 24 policies, 160+ features and got over 140 quotes to help you find the best pet insurance products of 2024.

The Finder Pet Insurance Awards showcase the best pet insurance products across two key categories; value and comprensive. Our methodology has been curated to help pet owners find the best fit for their furry friends by comparing 100+ prices and 160+ features. See our pet insurance winners below.

Best Pet Insurance - Value

Finalist Pet Insurance - Value Highly commended

petinsurance.com.au pet insurance

petinsurance.com.au Platinum Cover

Petinsurance.com.au came in highly commended for value. It scored highly because it comes with high cover limits for features yet still offers a comparatively inexpensive policy.

Coles pet insurance

Coles Comprehensive Cover

Coles pet insurance was also highly commended for value. This is due to its pricing which remains competitive and its features which are consistent with more expensive policies.

Best Pet Insurance - Comprehensive

The best comprehensive category is for those who want higher benefit limits without the hefty price tag.

Best Pet Insurance - Features
Petinsurance.com.au pet insurance

Petinsurance.com.au's Platinum Cover won this year's Finder Award for comprehensive because it covers more than other insurers but is still a comparatively cheap policy.

Finalist Pet Insurance - Features Highly commended

Pet Insurance Australia

Pet Insurance Australia Major Medical Cover

Pet Insurance Australia came in as highly commended for comprehensive because its policy has a high maximum yearly benefit, high reimbursement rate and routine care is included whereas it's often an optional extra for many other policies.

Coles pet insurance

Coles Comprehensive Cover

Coles pet insurance was also highly commended for comprehensive. This is due to its pricing which remains competitive and its higher reimbursement rate.

About Finder's Pet Insurance Awards methodology

Our pet insurance experts compared 24 policies, 168 features and got 140 quotes to select our pet insurance award winners for 2024.
The value score was informed by a mix of price and features with price accounting for 65% of the score and features accounting for the other 35%.
The comprehensive score was also informed by a mix of price and features, this time with price accounting for 35% of the score and features accounting for the remaining 65%.
Pet insurance methodology

Why you can trust our awards

expert advice

Expert analysis

Our pet insurance award winners are based on 70+ hours of research by our expert authors and insights team.

help

They're comprehensive

We researched 24 popular pet insurance policies including RSPCA, Budget Direct, Petsy and much more.

independent

They're independent

Some winners may be partners but this never influences our decisions. All policies are based on a clear methodology and must meet editorial standards.

free

Time spent, money saved

We got 140 pet insurance quotes and found a difference of over $1,000 a year between the cheapest and most expensive policy.

Meet our experts

Gary Ross Hunter insurance expert

Gary Ross Hunter


Senior Writer, Insurance


Gary is Finder's insurance expert. He's responsible for scoring all of the features we analyse and determining the award winners.
Graham Cooke awards analyst

Graham Cooke


Head of consumer research


Graham is responsible for gathering the data that fuels the Finder Awards. He ensures our winners are based on facts, not biases.

Explore our past award winners:

Peta Taylor's headshot
Written by

Associate publisher

Peta Taylor is an associate publisher at Finder, specialising in car insurance. She's been analysing product disclosure statements and publishing articles for car insurance for over a year. Peta has a Bachelor of Communications and Media Studies with a Major in Marketing from the University of Wollongong and a Cert IV in Media Journalism. Peta is part of Finder's car insurance awards team and works alongside editorial and insights experts to bring drivers the best in car insurance products every year. See full bio

More guides on Finder

Ask a Question

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms Of Service and Finder Group Privacy & Cookies Policy.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Go to site