Budget Direct Pet Insurance
Budget Direct is known for providing low-cost, high-value insurance, but did you know they also offer pet insurance?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Budget Direct's award-winning approach of offering reasonable insurance options for it's policyholders has made it a household name.
As well as car, home, motorcycle and travel insurance, Budget Direct now offers Pet Insurance for cats and dogs. Budget Direct is one of the few providers to offer cover for all orthopaedic conditions (sub-limits apply).
What pet insurance policies are offered by Budget Direct?
Budget Direct offers cat and dog insurance, which can reimburse you for up to 80% of eligible vet expenses (subject to the relevant limits and excess) if your pet becomes sick or is accidentally injured. So, for example, if your dog needed treatment for heart disease which cost $6,000, Budget Direct would reimburse $4,700, (and you would cover the remaining $1,300 (which includes the $100 excess).
The table below breaks down what Budget Direct's policies cover your pet for:
|Overall annual limit||$12,000. The following sub-limits apply:|
|% of eligible vet bill reimbursed|
|Excess (per condition)|
|Entry age limits|
It's worth keeping in mind that Budget Direct doesn't cover your pet for pre-existing conditions. A pre-existing condition is any illness or injury that your pet showed any signs of symptoms of before the policy started or during any applicable waiting period. Budget Direct pet insurance policies contain sub-limits (maximum amounts that you can claim for specific conditions over the course of the period of cover), There are also waiting periods for specific conditions such as cruciate ligament treatment (6 months). This is how long you'll have to wait before you can make certain types of claims. You'll also have to pay an excess of $100 for each unrelated condition during any one period of cover. For further treatments for a related condition during the same period of cover there is no excess.
What isn't covered by Budget Direct Pet Insurance?
All policies come with exclusions. This is what the insurer won't reimburse you for. With Budget Direct Pet Insurance, some of what you won't be covered for includes:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Routine or preventative care
- Dental treatment (unless it's the result of an accidental injury)
- Elective treatments
You also won't be covered for anything during the waiting period (2 days for accidents, 30 days for illnesses or tick paralysis, and 6 months for Cruciate ligament conditions).
To review the full list of exclusions, you should always read the product disclosure statement (PDS).
How do I make a claim?
Follow these steps to make your Budget Direct Pet Insurance claim as simple and straightforward as possible.
- Download the claim form and fill out the relevant information.
- Get your vet to sign the "Veterinarian declaration" section of the form.
- Pay the full vet bill.
- Attach the relevant invoices and receipts.
- Lodge your claim by email to email@example.com, or by post to Budget Direct Pet Insurance, PO Box 342, Toowong, QLD 4066.
- Budget Direct will get back to you within 2-5 business days should they require more information.
- On acceptance of your claim, Budget Direct will reimburse you up to 80% of your eligible vet expenses (benefit limits and an excess apply). The money will be deposited into your nominated bank account.
What are the benefits of a pet insurance policy from Budget Direct?
- *Multi-pet discounts. When you arrange insurance for more than one dog or cat with Budget Direct at the same time you will receive a 5% discount for each of them.
- Money off when you buy online. If you buy a new policy online, you'll get 10% off your first year of premium.
- Choice of vet. You can take your pet to the vet of your choice, as long as they're qualified and registered in Australia.
For full details of cover, always read the product disclosure statement (PDS).
* Multi Pet Discount
- The discount applies to any renewal offer of insurance, provided you have two or more pets insured with Budget Direct at the time they offer renewal.
- The discount only applies to the insurance portion of the premium. It is applied before government charges, taxes, levies and fees.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Half price Sennheiser Gaming Headsets, 60% off health and beauty, Catch Mother's Day sale.
Bitcoin trading made simple
Build both your knowledge and Bitcoin wallet with this simple guide to trading.
Best NAS devices in Australia
Upgrade your home storage with one of the best NAS devices available on store shelves here in Australia.
Body corporate fees
What exactly are body corporate fees and what do your quarterly fees go towards?
Six of the best electric cars in Australia
Here are some of the best electric cars in Australia in 2021.
Optical inclusion: Extras cover the top reason for taking out health insurance, survey finds
Extras cover is the number one drawcard for Australians who take out private health cover, new research from Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site, reveals.
International money transfer services
Beat the banks, find the best exchange rates and avoid fees when you send money abroad from Australia.
Chefgood discount codes and coupons April 2021
Quality. Variety. Freshness. Get gourmet meals delivered directly to your door with Chefgood.
Best iPhone 12 Pro cases in Australia
Keep your new tech protected with one of the best iPhone 12 Pro cases available right here in Australia.
Response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right
Finder's submission in response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right.
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?
Ask an Expert