ALDImobile offers prepaid plans with both very long expiry and heavy inclusion monthly options.
What services does ALDImobile offer?
ALDImobile’s plans are sold using parts of Telstra’s 3G and 4G networks on a prepaid basis only.
The coverage map is the same as other Telstra MVNOs, in that it’s slightly smaller than the "full" Telstra coverage map, but that’s only likely to affect you in extremely remote regions. It’s also not the full "4GX" speeds of Telstra’s network.
How much does ALDImobile cost?
ALDImobile offers two different plan tiers. Its Pay As You Go tier has a minimum upfront commitment of $5, but that $5 of credit lasts for a full 365 days. As a pay as you go service, there’s no bundled inclusions. Instead, standard national calls are charged at 12c each, as are text messages. Data is priced at 5c per MB. Recharges are sold in $15 or $30 increments.
ALDImobile’s other tier offers 30 day prepaid terms with price points ranging from $15 to $45. All plans come with unlimited standard SMS. The S ($15) and M($20) tiers offer a set value of calls along with 500MB and 1.5GB of data respectively. All tiers at L or above come with unlimited standard national calls. Data inclusions range from 2GB up to 9GB.
What extras does ALDImobile offer?
ALDImobile sells on a prepaid basis, and those are typically plans with minimal additional inclusions. However, there are a few key extras that make ALDImobile’s plans stand out nicely.
For its Pay As You Go plans, the fact that credit lasts for 365 days makes it an excellent option if you just need a number and a small quantity of credit to last a long period.
With its monthly plans, any plan at or above the L level offers a data rollover facility. Any leftover data on your plan rolls over into the following month once only as long as you recharge at the same or a higher recharge tier. It doesn’t accumulate after a month, but it’s a good way to maximise your data usage. Selected plans also include a quantity of international calling minutes to selected countries.
- Lengthy PAYG expiry $5 for a phone number for a year where others can contact you is a bargain.
- Data rollover It’s only for a month, but this is still a rarity in the prepaid space.
- Limited 4G As with other Telstra-based MVNOs, you’re using a slightly smaller coverage map than the full Telstra network.
- High PAYG charges PAYG plans let you choose what you’re spending your credit on, but the price you pay is higher charges, especially for data.
ALDImobile prepaid recharge options
ALDImobile prepaid customers can enjoy lengthy credit expiry periods, but inevitably the time will come when you need to recharge. Thankfully, this is quite simple with a variety of methods for you to choose from:
- Recharge online: You can manage your usage and recharge your credit online through ALDImobile’s online MyALDImobile portal. From there you can set up automatic recharges, or recharge manually with your credit card.
- Recharge with the ALDImobile app: ALDImobile’s app allows you to easily see your credit and current prepaid mobile plan, as well as apply recharges. It’s available free of charge for iOS (download here) and Android (download here) platforms.
- With a voucher: ALDImobile recharge vouchers are available at ALDI supermarkets. Once you’ve purchased your recharge voucher, it can be applied to your account through ALDImobile’s recharge voucher portal.