ALDI mobile plans
ALDI mobile offers a range of competitively priced prepaid mobile plans, paired with some great data inclusions.
Is ALDImobile right for me?
- What does ALDImobile offer? ALDImobile sells prepaid SIM-only mobile plans powered by parts of Telstra's 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Along with some of the cheapest plans on the Telstra 4G network, ALDImobile offers continuous data rollover on all its prepaid plans. By recharging regularly, you can hang onto unused data for a rainy day.
- Watch out for: Since ALDImobile only uses parts of the Telstra network, speeds and coverage may not be the same as on one of Telstra's own mobile plans. Keep this in mind if Telstra's larger network is the driving factor behind considering ALDImobile.
Compare mobile plans below
ALDImobile SIM-only plans
ALDImobile's SIM-only plans explained
ALDImobile's primary prepaid SIM-only plans are priced by the quantity of included data, and then the included international call minutes available at each price tier.
All of ALDImobile's Value Packs include unlimited standard national calls and texts, as well as a data inclusion, and all but the base level 3GB plan include some quantity of international calling inclusion as well. Here's how the baseline pricing for ALDIMobile's plans runs:
- ALDImobile 3GB plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 3GB data, 30-day expiry, $15
- ALDImobile 18GB plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 18GB data, unlimited calling minutes to 15 countries, 30-day expiry, $25
- ALDImobile 35GB plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 35GB data, unlimited calling minutes to 15 countries, 30-day expiry, $35
- ALDImobile 48GB plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 48GB data, unlimited calling minutes to 15 countries, 30-day expiry, $45
ALDImobile's $99 Super Pack plan is ideal if you don't use a lot of data. This 365-day plan includes unlimited standard national calls and texts plus 15GB data — an extra 3GB of data will set you back $15.
On the other hand, the $80 Family Plan packs in unlimited standard calls and texts and 72GB of data, which is shared between up to three users. A 3GB data top-up also costs $15.
ALDImobile frequently offers special pricing or bonus data deals on its plans, so it's worth comparing the latest deals.
ALDImobile Pay As You Go plans
ALDImobile Pay As You Go plans explained
What this means is that for as little as $15, you can have a full year's phone service that people can call or text you on, which is solid value if data isn't a concern.
You'll only use up that credit if you make calls, send text messages or use data at the following rates:
- Standard calls: 12c per minute
- SMS: 12c each
- MMS: 35c each
- Data: 5c per MB
How does ALDImobile compare?
- One of the top-value options on Telstra's network
- Data rollover gives ALDImobile an edge on the competition
Why should you consider ALDImobile?
ALDImobile is one of the highest value providers operating on the Telstra Wholesale network, and that gives it a lot of appeal if you're in an area best served by Telstra's mobile network.
Its PAYG plan could be a very good match for folks who want a phone as a contact point rather than something that they use for outbound calls. If you're paying for a phone service for your kids, for example, you could disable data on their phones and get quite a lot of long-term value out of a single low-value recharge.
ALDImobile also features data roll-over for unused data from one month to the next when you recharge before your current credit expires.
ALDImobile doesn't offer a lot of additional extras beyond the included international calling minutes on every Value Pack plan except the S plan. That covers a quantity of calling minutes to 50 selected countries.
Specifically, you can use your calling minutes to contact mobile and landline numbers in Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Romania, Singapore, South Africa and South Korea.
Additionally, calling minutes can be used to reach landline numbers only in Andorra, Argentina, Bulgaria, French Guiana, Iceland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Slovakia, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey. Calls made to mobile numbers in these destinations will come out of any existing PAYG credit you may have.
ALDImobile prepaid recharge options
ALDImobile prepaid customers can enjoy lengthy credit expiry periods, but inevitably the time will come when you need to recharge. Thankfully, this is quite simple with a variety of methods from which you can choose:
- Recharge online: You can manage your usage and recharge your credit online through ALDImobile's online MyALDImobile portal. From there you can set up automatic recharges, or recharge manually with your credit card.
- Recharge with the ALDImobile app: ALDImobile's app allows you to easily see your credit and current prepaid mobile plan, as well as apply recharges. It's available free of charge for iOS (download here) and Android (download here) platforms.
- With a voucher: ALDImobile recharge vouchers are available at ALDI supermarkets. Once you've purchased your recharge voucher, it can be applied to your account through ALDImobile's recharge voucher portal.
Aldi mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
- Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown
- Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
Read more on this topic
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet