ALDImobile offers a range of competitively priced prepaid mobile plans.
Is ALDImobile right for me?
- What does ALDImobile offer? ALDImobile sells prepaid SIM-only mobile plans powered by parts of Telstra's 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Along with some of the cheapest plans on the Telstra 4G network, ALDImobile offers data rollover on all its prepaid Value Packs. By recharging regularly, you can hang onto unused data for a rainy day.
- Watch out for: Since ALDImobile only uses parts of the Telstra network, speeds and coverage may not be the same as on one of Telstra's own mobile plans. Keep this in mind if Telstra's larger network is the driving factor behind considering ALDImobile.
ALDImobile SIM-only plans
ALDImobile's SIM-only plans explained
ALDImobile's primary prepaid SIM-only plans are sold as its "Value Pack" plans, priced by the quantity of included data, and then the included international call minutes available at each price tier.
All of ALDImobile's Value Packs include unlimited standard national calls and texts, as well as a data inclusion, and all but the base level S plan include some quantity of international calling inclusion as well. Here's how the baseline pricing for ALDIMobile's plans runs:
- ALDImobile Value Pack S Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 2.5GB data, 30-day expiry, $15
- ALDImobile Value Pack L Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 14GB data, unlimited calling minutes to 15 countries, 30-day expiry, $25
- ALDImobile Value Pack XL Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 26GB data, unlimited calling minutes to 15 countries, 30-day expiry, $35
- ALDImobile Value Pack XXL Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 37GB data, unlimited calling minutes to 15 countries, 30-day expiry, $45
- ALDImobile Value Pack Jumbo Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 48GB data, unlimited calling minutes to 15 countries, 30-day expiry, $55
ALDImobile frequently offers special pricing or bonus data deals on its plans, so it's worth comparing the latest deals.
ALDImobile Pay As You Go plans
ALDImobile Pay As You Go plans explained
What this means is that for as little as $15, you can have a full year's phone service that people can call or text you on, which is solid value if data isn't a concern.
You'll only use up that credit if you make calls, send text messages or use data at the following rates:
- Standard calls: 12c per minute
- SMS: 12c each
- MMS: 35c each
- Data: 5c per MB
How does ALDImobile compare?
- One of the top-value options on Telstra's network
- Data rollover gives ALDImobile an edge on the competition
Why should you consider ALDImobile?
ALDImobile is one of the highest value providers operating on the Telstra Wholesale network, and that gives it a lot of appeal if you're in an area best served by Telstra's mobile network.
Its PAYG plan could be a very good match for folks who want a phone as a contact point rather than something that they use for outbound calls. If you're paying for a phone service for your kids, for example, you could disable data on their phones and get quite a lot of long-term value out of a single low-value recharge.
ALDImobile also features data roll-over for unused data from one month to the next when you recharge before your current credit expires.
ALDImobile doesn't offer a lot of additional extras beyond the included international calling minutes on every Value Pack plan except the S plan. That covers a quantity of calling minutes to 50 selected countries.
Specifically, you can use your calling minutes to contact mobile and landline numbers in Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Romania, Singapore, South Africa and South Korea.
Additionally, calling minutes can be used to reach landline numbers only in Andorra, Argentina, Bulgaria, French Guiana, Iceland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Slovakia, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey. Calls made to mobile numbers in these destinations will come out of any existing PAYG credit you may have.
ALDImobile prepaid recharge options
ALDImobile prepaid customers can enjoy lengthy credit expiry periods, but inevitably the time will come when you need to recharge. Thankfully, this is quite simple with a variety of methods from which you can choose:
- Recharge online: You can manage your usage and recharge your credit online through ALDImobile's online MyALDImobile portal. From there you can set up automatic recharges, or recharge manually with your credit card.
- Recharge with the ALDImobile app: ALDImobile's app allows you to easily see your credit and current prepaid mobile plan, as well as apply recharges. It's available free of charge for iOS (download here) and Android (download here) platforms.
- With a voucher: ALDImobile recharge vouchers are available at ALDI supermarkets. Once you've purchased your recharge voucher, it can be applied to your account through ALDImobile's recharge voucher portal.
How to contact ALDImobile
|Phone||1300 989 000|
|Calls||Mon - Wed: 8.30am to 9.30pm|
Thu - Fri: 8.30am to 11pm
Sat - Sun: 8.30am to 8.30pm