Boost Mobile Plans & Review
Get full Telstra coverage without the hefty price tag with Boost Mobile's prepaid plans.
Boost Mobile has a focus on keeping the youth of Australia connected with a good quality mobile plan. As part of this, they like to offer lots of data on their prepaid offerings.
- Long expiry plans with lots of data available.
- Free Apple Music streaming.
- Full Telstra network coverage.
Compare Boost Mobile's prepaid plans here
Compare Boost Mobile's long expiry prepaid plans below
Boost Mobile review: Why choose them?
On top of the free calls and texts in Australia, Boost has a bunch of bonus features on their prepaid plans:
- International inclusions. Depending on which plan you buy, you'll get unlimited international calls to 20 to 30 countries, including China, Brazil, France, the US, the UK and more. You'll also get 100 minutes of talk to up to 35 more. These inclusions are similar for long-expiry plans.
- Music streaming. No matter which plan you're on, you'll be able to stream as much Apple Music as your heart desires, at no data cost. However, you'll still need to own an Apple Music subscription.
- Rollover data. When you recharge before the expiry date, you get to carry over all unused data to your next recharge period.
- Add-on credit. You can either add 1GB for $5 or 3GB for $15 to your account if you need just a little bit more before recharging.
- Auto recharge. Customers on the $40 and up 28-day expiry plans can set up an auto recharge function via app or phone call so that they don't forget to recharge.
- Overseas roaming. If you're planning to head overseas but still want to make calls and texts while you're there, Boost offers a $5 or $15 add-on, which will let you do just that at the cost of some credit. Data will be disabled while roaming.
Still undecided about Boost? We've weighed out both sides of the equation for you.
- Free domestic texts and calls on all plans and plenty of international inclusions.
- Free Apple Music streaming on all plans.
- Good value long-expiry plans if data is a big concern.
- Full Telstra network coverage.
- The 28-day recharge period means you'll be paying for an extra 30ish days a year.
- Only offers prepaid plans – go elsewhere if you want postpaid.
Boost Mobile network coverage
Like many other small retailers, Boost uses the Telstra 3G and 4G networks for its plan coverage. Unlike some retailers, though, Boost actually utilises the entire Telstra network. Check it out in more detail on its coverage map.
Boost Mobile: FAQ
How do I switch to Boost Mobile?
How do I recharge Boost Mobile?
Read more on this topic
New Samsung Note 20 5G plans from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone: Where is the best value? Find out which provider has the best value plan for the new Samsung Galaxy Note 5G range.
Optus 5G coverage Check out Optus' 5G coverage areas, plans, and compatible mobile devices in our guide.
Vodafone 5G coverage Find out more about coverage areas, plans and compatible mobile devices in our Vodafone 5G guide.
Optus freezes mobile plan prices: Is it now better value than Telstra and Vodafone? How plans from the big telcos compare right now.
What does the finally completed TPG/Vodafone merger mean for you? How will customer options and pricing be affected?
How does Optus's unlimited mobile top-up stack up? $5 for unlimited data for 24 hours, so what's the catch?
Circles.Life outperforms all other mobile providers with its $28 plan With $10 off a month for a limited time only, we show you why Circles.Life's 100GB plan is a clear winner against its competitors.
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert