Providing low-cost mobile with high speeds, this is everything you need to know about getting your mobile services from Boost Mobile.
Score 35GB of data for just $30 from Boost Mobile from Boost Mobile Deals
- 35GB data included on first 5 recharges
- Prepaid 28 days
- Unlimited standard national calls + texts
- Unlimited international calls & text to 20 selected destinations + even more
Is Boost Mobile right for me?
- What does Boost Mobile offer? Boost Mobile offers short- and long-term prepaid plans that operate on the Telstra 3G and 4G networks.
- Product highlights: Full coverage from the Telstra network, competitive pricing, frequent promotions.
- Watch out for: The 28-day expiry on Boost Mobile's standard prepaid plans means you're paying almost a full recharge more every year. This adds up over time and can make Boost Mobile's plans more expensive than competing 30-day options.
Boost Mobile prepaid phone plans
Boost Mobile's prepaid plans explained
Many telco providers offer a huge range of plans, which is fine if you want specific extras, but Boost has long sold itself as an easy to understand provider with just a few plans on offer at any given point in time.
Most of Boost Mobile's prepaid plans operate on a 28-day basis before your credit expires. Prepaid plans can be a great way to control your mobile spend because if you use up all your data, you're not charged excess fees for usage. Instead, your data access is simply cut until you recharge. You also don't have to worry about standard national calls and texts with Boost Mobile since all of its plans offer unlimited access for those calls and texts.
Boost Mobile long-term prepaid plans
Boost Mobile's long-term prepaid plans explained
Along with its standard 28-day plans, Boost Mobile offers longer 6-month and 12-month prepaid plans. These plans come with larger data caps you can use as you wish throughout the expiry period, whether that be portioning the use out month-by-month or simply using it all as you need it. They also all include unlimited standard calls and text plus an allotment of international calls to select countries.
Four long-term plans are currently available:
- $100 recharge with 6-month expiry, which includes 60GB of data
- $200 recharge with 6-month expiry, which includes 150GB of data
- $150 recharge with 12-month expiry, which includes 80GB of data
- $300 recharge with 12-month expiry, which includes 240GB of data
How does Boost Mobile compare?
- Highly competitive pricing
- Long-term expiry plans are handy for those with inconsistent data use
- 28-day expiry on standard plans is going to cost you more in the long run
Boost Mobile is a well-known name in the budget mobile space, but it's not alone in owning that category, with many potential points of comparison.
Boost Mobile's plans operate on the Telstra 4G Mobile network, but in a slightly different way to other Telstra MVNOs. Boost did have the distinction of being the only 4G-capable Telstra-based MVNO for a period, but that's now open to other Telstra wholesale providers such as ALDImobile and Woolworths Mobile.
Where Boost differs is that it advertises access to the entire Telstra network, which means it stretches a little further in rural and regional areas than other Telstra MVNOs, all of whom advertise support from "parts of" the Telstra network. If you don't travel much in the more remote parts of Australia, this may not be a huge distinction for you.
Why should you consider Boost Mobile?
Many low-cost MVNOs sell themselves purely on that low cost, and while this is definitely a conversation that Boost wants to be a part of, it's not the only reason to consider it.
Boost Mobile sells a small quantity of prepaid mobile phones, typically priced well under $100 outright. As you'd expect, they're not the fanciest models, but they're perfectly adequate communication devices. If your own needs are modest or if you're buying a phone for a less-demanding relative or one of your children, it's a good option.
Boost Mobile also provides a data rollover facility as long as you recharge at least $30 before your 28 days are up. Any unused data from your previous recharge will roll over into the next recharge, where it will then expire at the end of that period.
If you need a little extra data, Boost Mobile sells a $5 add-on that ups your data by 500MB on a one-off basis. The only other add-on you can buy is a $15 boost that provides you with unlimited calls to Canada, China, Germany, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, the UK and the US while your general credit is still live, as well as a $15 credit for calling other destinations.
Boost Mobile prepaid recharge options
Running low on credit on your Boost Mobile plan? There are a variety of methods you can choose from to recharge your plan:
How to contact Boost Mobile
|Phone||Boost customers: 125 8881|
New customers: 1800 026 678
Monday - Sunday, 8am-9pm