JB Hi-Fi Mobile Plans
JB Hi-Fi is one of Australia's favourite places to shop electronics, but how do the retailer's mobile plans stack up?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
JB Hi-Fi has been selling electronics in Australia for ages, so it's no surprise they've started offering their own mobile plan option too. You'll need to head into one of its retail stores to buy their plan, but it's a pretty great value deal and even runs on the full Telstra network.
- Decent price for the amount of data you get
- Full Telstra network coverage
- Access to Telstra Air's free WiFi network
Compare more mobile plans below
Check out JB Hi-Fi's SIM only contract plan here
If you don't mind committing to a 12-month contract, you can get a pretty good value deal with JB Hi-Fi's SIM only plan.
JB Hi-Fi review: Why choose them?
While JB Hi-Fi's plan is decently priced for the data it provides, Telstra itself (the network they use) has a 60GB for $60 plan that doesn't need a contract and has a bunch of extra features to boot. There's not a whole lot to recommend a JB Hi-Fi plan over one from Telstra itself if you're after big data. On top of basic inclusions, JB Hi-Fi's plans offer:
- Gift cards. When you buy a 12-month contract plan, you'll get a bonus JB Hi-Fi gift card that you can use in-store.
- Telstra Air. Unlike many Telstra MVNOs, signing up with JB Hi-Fi will get you access to Telstra Air, the national free Telstra Wi-Fi network.
- Phone credit. On the 24-month contract plan, you will get some credit that can be used on buying a handset from JB Hi-Fi. The credit depends on how expensive the handset is.
- Roaming. Roaming is automatically enabled when you're overseas. You'll automatically be charged for $10 Day Passes each time you use your phone, which lets you make calls and send texts, plus use up to 500MB of data. Be aware that roaming costs can rack up quickly and an option like a local SIM may be much cheaper.
- Full Telstra network. JB Hi-Fi makes use of the complete Telstra mobile network, rather than the slightly limited wholesale version.
- Telstra Air. You get access to Telstra's national free Wi-Fi network.
- In-store only. Unlike the majority of phone plans, you can't purchase JB Hi-Fi mobile plans online.
- Mandatory contract. You have to sign a 12-month contract to get a JB Hi-Fi plan, with associated early termination fees if you want to leave before the end.
JB Hi-Fi network coverage
JB Hi-Fi uses the full Telstra 3G and 4G network, which reaches 99.5% of the Australian population.
JB Hi-Fi mobile: FAQ
How do I switch to JB Hi-Fi mobile?
More guides on Finder
If you're sick of slow speeds on the NBN, or just can't get connected, there are fast 4G/5G plans available for you.
Pay as you go mobile plans
Pay as you go mobile plans are a great way to save money if you don't use your phone very often.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Review: Android flagship brilliance
If you can stand the price point, there’s an awful lot to like about Samsung’s highest tier Galaxy S21 handset.
4G vs 5G
5G is being rolled out across Australia right now, but how does it compare to 4G?
Optus OPPO plans
Enjoy “unlimited” data on the latest OPPO phones from Optus.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Review: Pocket rocket (with a few misfires)
Samsung’s Galaxy S21 delivers a more affordable flagship experience in a very nice form, although the lack of a charger, microSD expansion and Qualcomm’s best chips do mean it’s not quite the perfect smaller flagship phone Samsung says it is.
Telstra international roaming
You can get international roaming on most of Telstra’s postpaid mobile plans for just $10 a day.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus: Features | Specifications | Pricing
Samsung’s mid-range 2021 flagship phone combines some serious camera zoom and a powerful processor.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra: Features | Specifications | Pricing
Samsung’s new flagship Galaxy S phone combines impressive telephoto muscle and a few tricks borrowed from the Samsung Galaxy Note line.
JB Hi-Fi Boxing Day 2020 deals: Sneak peek
Top offers include $549 off selected Hisense 75-inch TVs and $400 off selected HP laptops.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Get no excess data charges on these unlimited data mobile plans.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert