- 'Endless' data available on mobile plans.
- Offers up to 150GB monthly data.
- Tons of add-ons and extras.
Vodafone Mobile Plans
From contract-free handsets to prepaid flexibility, Vodafone has something for every Australian mobile phone user.
Vodafone's postpaid plans offer lots and lots of data. It's one of two providers that will let you keep browsing for free even when you hit your limit – at a reduced speed, of course. And if you need a new phone, it has the latest models to choose from on one of its SIM only plans.
Compare Vodafone SIM only plans here
If you can't ever get enough mobile data, Vodafone's got you covered with up to 150GB on a month-to-month SIM only plan. And once you've hit your limit, you can keep browsing for free.
Compare Vodafone prepaid plans here
When you prefer to go month to month with a prepaid plan, you can choose from the handful Vodafone has on offer.
Compare Vodafone mobile phone plans below
Vodafone's a major carrier and has the latest handset models on offer, including the Samsung Galaxy S20 series and the iPhone 11. We've shown the Samsung Galaxy S20 by default below, but you can choose the handset you're interested in by clicking the "filter results" button.
Compare Vodafone PAYG plans here
For those who don't use their phone very often or simply don't use data all that much, a pay-as-you-go (PAYG) plan can be a great way to make your credit last the whole year through.
Vodafone review: Why choose it?
So long as you're after huge amounts of data, Vodafone's plans are fairly reasonably priced. Very few other providers will even sell you 100GB or 150GB, making Vodafone a great choice for the seriously data hungry. On top of basic inclusions, Vodafone offers:
- International minutes. All but Vodafone's cheapest plans have some amount of international minutes included, split into two zones: one covering 22 countries and the other 70 countries.
- "Endless" data. Even when you hit your data cap, you can still use the Internet at a reduced speed of 1.5Mbps. This is currently the closest option to getting an unlimited mobile data plan.
- Bundling. Vodafone offers bundling discounts, where you can save by purchasing several Vodafone services together.
- Roaming. Vodafone's plans automatically have roaming enabled, where you can use your plan inclusions normally for $5 a day. Outside of eligible countries, you'll be charged much higher PAYG rates and are probably better off with a cheaper solution like a local SIM.
- Data add-ons. Get between 2GB and 14GB extra monthly on your plan for $15 to $45 more per month.
- International packs. Vodafone has a selection of international call packs and boosters that provide talk minutes or discounted rates for an extra $5 to $10 per month.
- Data sharing. If you have multiple plans on the one account, they can share data between them.
- Vodafone passes. There are a number of "passes" you can purchase that will let you make certain activities on certain apps data-free at a speed of 1.5Mbps for a monthly charge. These include a chat pass for messaging apps, a social pass for social media sites, music pass for music streaming and a video pass for streaming platforms.
- "Endless" data. While 1.5Mbps isn't the fastest, it's nice to know you'll never get charged for excess usage.
- Huge data. You can get some pretty insane amounts of monthly data for fairly reasonable prices from Vodafone.
- Reasonable roaming. While it's difficult to ever recommend roaming as a positive, Vodafone's is one of the cheapest and most generous at $5 a day, so long as you're in an eligible country.
- No small plans. If you aren't going to chew through at least 10GB a month, Vodafone's not the best choice.
- Vodafone passes. These are largely poor value considering the limited platforms they work with and the very small amount of data most of these activities consume.
Vodafone network coverage
The Vodafone mobile network reaches about 22 million Australians across the country.
Vodafone Mobile: FAQ
How to switch to Vodafone?
How to recharge with Vodafone?
Read more on this topic
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert