Telstra is Australia's largest network provider and it's hardly surprising it has a similarly large range of plans available. Whatever you're looking for in the mobile world, Telstra probably has it.
- Telstra Air, Telstra Plus, and many other extras on plans.
- Brand reputation of being Australia's biggest telco.
- Unrivalled network coverage - largest of the three mobile networks.
What kind of Telstra mobile plan are you looking for?
Compare Telstra's SIM only postpaid plans here
Get a fair whack of data when you bring your own handset with one of Telstra's SIM only postpaid plans.
Need a new phone? Compare Telstra's mobile phone plans below
You can get most of the new handsets available on the market plus a few old ones too with Telstra's phone plans. Simply add the monthly price of the handset to a SIM only plan and away you go. We've preselected plans that come with the Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) and Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (128GB). You can choose to view plans with different phones by clicking the 'filter results' button and adding in another phone model.
Compare Telstra's prepaid plans below
Telstra has prepaid plans that prioritise data and longevity.
Why choose Telstra Mobile?
Telstra has strong branding and a good performance record, but its plans continue to be among the most expensive on the mobile market. However, its value does increase the more you spend. It also has a bunch of extra features for the premium price, including:
- Sports streaming. You can stream AFL, netball and some other sports without using up your plan's data.
- Music streaming. So long as you have an Apple Music subscription, you can stream music from the service for free without consuming data.
- 5G trial. On SIM only and contract plans, you might get access to a 5G data connection with the right device if you live in the right area. This could be limited on lower plans, or ongoing on more expensive ones.
- Telstra Air Wi-Fi. If you have a Telstra service, you get access to the Telstra Air national Wi-Fi network.
- International calling packs. For $10 a month, you can add unlimited international calls to 25 countries from Australia.
- Data bank. On a Pre-Paid Complete plan, you can save up to 200GB total between recharges.
- Telstra Plus. This is Telstra's loyalty rewards program. Joining is free and allows you to earn points for spending money on your mobile bill and other things. You can then spend those points on phones and speakers, plus you can get access to other benefits like cheap movie tickets.
Telstra's mobile plans come packed with features, but at a slightly higher price point. We've weighed out the pros and cons to help decide if it's the right decision for you.
- Huge range of mobile plans, including handsets on a contract
- Telstra brand reputation
- Tons of extra features on plans
- More expensive than plans from other providers
- 28-day recharge period on flagship prepaid plan, meaning extra recharges through the year
Telstra network coverage
Telstra's 3G and 4G networks spread the furthest in the country, covering around 99.5% of Australians. They reach many rural and regional areas that other carriers don't.
How to recharge with Telstra?
Latest Telstra news
Find out which provider has the best value plan for the new Samsung Galaxy Note 5G range. Read more…
The Telstra Essential Smart 2 is almost insanely cheap, and that's the point. Read more…
How plans from the big telcos compare right now. Read more…
Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals. Read more…
Telstra's latest update to its "tradie" phone provides a decent level of durability, but its performance is just mediocre. Read more…
Telstra and Optus are offering free data and services to help Australians work remotely. Read more…
Read more on this topic
New Samsung Note 20 5G plans from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone: Where is the best value? Find out which provider has the best value plan for the new Samsung Galaxy Note 5G range.
Optus 5G coverage Check out Optus' 5G coverage areas, plans, and compatible mobile devices in our guide.
Vodafone 5G coverage Find out more about coverage areas, plans and compatible mobile devices in our Vodafone 5G guide.
Optus freezes mobile plan prices: Is it now better value than Telstra and Vodafone? How plans from the big telcos compare right now.
What does the finally completed TPG/Vodafone merger mean for you? How will customer options and pricing be affected?
How does Optus's unlimited mobile top-up stack up? $5 for unlimited data for 24 hours, so what's the catch?
Circles.Life outperforms all other mobile providers with its $28 plan With $10 off a month for a limited time only, we show you why Circles.Life's 100GB plan is a clear winner against its competitors.
amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you? The deal cements amaysim's status as Australia's largest MVNO.
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert