- Telstra Air, Telstra Plus, and many other extras on plans.
- Brand reputation of being Australia's biggest telco.
- Unrivalled network coverage - largest of the three mobile networks.
Telstra Mobile Plans
Telstra is Australia's largest mobile provider, with a variety of prepaid, SIM only and contract phone plans.
Telstra is Australia's largest network provider and it's hardly surprising it has a similarly large range of plans available. Whatever you're looking for in the mobile world, Telstra probably has it.
Start comparing Telstra's SIM only postpaid plans here
Get a fair whack of data when you bring your own handset with one of Telstra's SIM only postpaid plans.
Need a new phone? Compare Telstra's mobile phone plans below
You can get most of the new handsets available on the market plus a few old ones too with Telstra's phone plans. Simply add the monthly price of the handset to a SIM only plan and away you go. We've preselected plans that come with the Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) and Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (128GB). You can choose to view plans with different phones by clicking the 'filter results' button and adding in another phone model.
Compare Telstra's prepaid plans below
Telstra has prepaid plans that prioritise data and longevity.
Why choose Telstra Mobile?
Telstra has strong branding and a good performance record, but its plans continue to be among the most expensive on the mobile market. However, its value does increase the more you spend. It also has a bunch of extra features for the premium price, including:
- Sports streaming. You can stream AFL, netball and some other sports without using up your plan's data.
- Music streaming. So long as you have an Apple Music subscription, you can stream music from the service for free without consuming data.
- 5G trial. On SIM only and contract plans, you might get access to a 5G data connection with the right device if you live in the right area. This could be limited on lower plans, or ongoing on more expensive ones.
- Telstra Air Wi-Fi. If you have a Telstra service, you get access to the Telstra Air national Wi-Fi network.
- International calling packs. For $10 a month, you can add unlimited international calls to 25 countries from Australia.
- Data bank. On a Pre-Paid Max plan, you can save up to 200GB total between recharges.
- Telstra Plus. This is Telstra's loyalty rewards program. Joining is free and allows you to earn points for spending money on your mobile bill and other things. You can then spend those points on phones and speakers, plus you can get access to other benefits like cheap movie tickets.
Telstra's mobile plans come packed with features, but at a slightly higher price point. We've weighed out the pros and cons to help decide if it's the right decision for you.
- Huge range of mobile plans, including handsets on a contract
- Telstra brand reputation
- Tons of extra features on plans
- More expensive than plans from other providers
- 28-day recharge period on flagship prepaid plan, meaning extra recharges through the year
Telstra network coverage
Telstra's 3G and 4G networks spread the furthest in the country, covering around 99.5% of Australians. They reach many rural and regional areas that other carriers don't.
How to switch to Telstra?
How to recharge with Telstra?
Latest Telstra news
Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals. Read more…
Telstra's latest update to its "tradie" phone provides a decent level of durability, but its performance is just mediocre. Read more…
Telstra and Optus are offering free data and services to help Australians work remotely. Read more…
If you're an existing Telstra postpaid customer or in the market for a plan – Kayo Sports is $10 off the usual $25 per month for the whole 12-month contract period. Read more…
Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only. Read more…
On the back of announcing the Telstra Xbox All Access deal, the telecommunications giant targets gamers for 2020. Read more…
Read more on this topic
The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale Find out how you could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra's Super Saver deals.
New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone Telstra, Vodafone & Optus have released mobile plans for the new iPhone SE 2020. We've broken down their prices and features here.
Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown Spending more time at home means we're using our mobile data less. Save $100 over the next 3 months by switching to a cheap mobile plan.
Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price We compare the two offerings and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert