Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Dodo Energy Review: Gas and electricity plans
Dodo may have started in broadband, but today it offers both electricity and gas as well.
Is Dodo Energy right for me?
- What does Dodo Energy offer? It offers electricity plans in NSW, Victoria, SA and South-East Queensland, plus gas in NSW and Victoria.
- Product highlights: Dodo sells its brand on its low price, so look for significant pay-on-time discounts and further discounts for Dodo Internet customers.
- Watch out for: While Dodo is big on discounts, it can mean higher general usage and supply rates, so make sure you compare your options.
Get a quote for a Dodo Energy plan with a consultant
- Expert Advice
- No obligation to sign up
- 100% Free Service
Dodo Energy electricity and gas
Dodo built its brand as a low-cost phone and Internet service provider, but back in 2010 expanded to become an electricity and gas retailer under the name Dodo Power & Gas.
Today, Dodo Energy supplies electricity to customers in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria and South Australia. It also sells gas plans to Victorian and NSW customers.
Dodo's plans feature flexible payment options, so you can pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on your budgeting needs.
There's also no lock-in contracts, so if you find a better deal you can switch without having to face any fees for breaking contract.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
If you're a Dodo customer looking to have solar panels installed on your home to help manage your electricity bills, you'll need to reach out to a third-party installer because Dodo doesn't have a solar installation program.
It does offer competitive feed-in tariffs for energy produced by existing solar panel systems.
Can I get GreenPower?
Environmentally conscious Dodo customers are able to offset their energy usage with either 10% or 100% to come from renewable sources.
This is charged in addition to your plan's standard usage rates and is part of the government's certified GreenPower program.
It's important to note that Dodo's pay-on-time discounts do not apply to any GreenPower charges added to your account.
How can I pay my bills?
Dodo is hugely flexible with its payment options, offering the ability to pay your energy bills weekly, fortnightly or monthly to match your pay cycle:
Why consider Dodo Energy?
- Flexible payment options. If you get paid weekly or fortnightly, being able to pay your energy bill right after you get paid can be hugely convenient for budgeting.
- Big discount incentives. Dodo offers large pay-on-time discount incentives, which vary from state to state.
- Bundle and save. Dodo broadband customers who add Dodo energy can bundle and save $10 a month off their Internet bill.
- No lock-in contracts. If you are unhappy with your Dodo energy service, it's easy to switch given there aren't any lock-in contracts.
- One-stop shop. Dodo offers both gas and electricity in Victoria and NSW.
Read more on this topic
Is buy now pay later a good option for solar? Buy now, pay later seems like a great way to get an expensive solar system now and pay it off when you're reaping the benefits, but there is a catch.
Victorian electricity prices set to increase in the new year The Victorian Default Offer (VDO) is set to increase in 2020. How can learning about reference price, market offer and standing offer help?
OVO Energy Review OVO is one of the biggest electricity retailers in the UK. Find out what they have to offer in Australia.
Australia reaches "50%" in renewable energy use for the first time ever. But what does this mean? For 10 minutes, 50% of Australia's main electricity grid was powered by renewable energy, indicating an upward trend in green energy use.
Open Energy in Australia Energy is changing in Australia. Find out what open energy is and how it affects you.
The temperature trap: Air conditioning hacks Aussies are using to keep costs low With temperatures and energy costs rising, here are a couple of tech-savvy ways to save on aircon costs this summer.
The reference price: What is it and how does it affect you? We’ll explain what the new reference price, or Default Market Offer, is and how it affects residents in NSW, SA and QLD.
Kogan Energy: Electricity and gas plans Kogan Energy offers electricity to residents in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia as well as gas to customers in Victoria.
Discover Energy: Electricity plans Get electricity and solar services with Discover Energy in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
Rimfire Energy: Electricity plans Find out what Rimfire Energy offers in your area and how you can pay your electricity bill.
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert