Keep it simple by switching to Dodo Power & Gas for your utilities.
The Dodo bird is long extinct, but the Dodo all-in-one utilities company is thriving, with more than 400,000 Australians switching to Dodo Power & Gas for cheap energy.
- What utilities does Dodo offer?
- Electricity and combined energy plans
- Who can sign up for Dodo energy?
- Dodo Power is available to residents of NSW, VIC, SA and South-East QLD.
- Dodo Gas is only available to residents of NSW and VIC, with electric and gas as well as gas only energy plans.
Who is Dodo?
Dodo was started in 2001 as a small Internet providing group. While it's still a prominent player in that market with Dodo NBN and ADSL plans, it has since grown to become a dominant force in other sectors including power and gas provision. In June 2010, Dodo underwent a brand extension by launching Dodo Power & Gas, to help Australians find the utilities they need at a reasonable price.
Today, Dodo is owned by M2 Telecommunications, offering complete energy plans to consumers in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia, Queensland, and the ACT, and residential gas plans for residents in Victoria and New South Wales.
- Expert Advice
- No obligation to sign up
- 100% Free Service
Dodo Power & Gas energy products
Dodo does not have any existing energy plans, and instead automatically generates rates for you based on a number of factors. This is why it’s often worth getting a quote or contacting an energy broker, simply to compare quotes and see how much you can save if you switch.
Dodo additionally doesn't not offer specific packages, but rather individualised quotes for each customer. To find out which plan might suit your home or your business, you can visit Dodo’s energy signup page where they will gather the following information: how often you would like to pay, your concession status, your peak electricity usage/day, and your solar power systems.
- Choose from weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment plans, and flexibly change between them simply by calling 13 36 36, to make sure you’re always able to enjoy the energy discounts.
- Download the Dodo app to manage your account on the go and make sure you can keep getting the discounts wherever you are.
Dodo Power & Gas discounts
Available discounts from Dodo apply to your base price which is determined by factors including:
- Your postcode
- Your bundle (power, gas, or both)
- Your eligibility for concessions
- Type of meter
- Peak daily usage
- If you have solar panels
- Your choice of renewable energy usage
- Whether you opt for flexible pricing or the Hour of Power
Pros and cons of Dodo Power & Gas
- Discounts and perks: Enjoy more discounts and free extras, including discounts for paying your bills on time, state-based concessions and more.
- Flexibility: There are no lock in contracts with Dodo Power and Gas, so you can always keep looking for a lower price. There are also flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
- Time-savings: Get discounts, and save time and hassle, by moving more essential utilities under the Dodo umbrella, including Dodo broadband, Dodo mobile plans and Dodo car insurance.
- Limited service areas: Dodo Power & Gas do not service all postcodes across each available state.
Extras, bonuses and rewards for switching to Dodo Power & Gas
- Free electricity: If you live in Victoria you are able to sign up for flexible pricing to enjoy discounted off-peak electricity. So discounted, in fact, that it’s completely free from 6 to 7 am every day with the "hour of power" (conditions apply).
- Infinite Rewards: Ask about the Infinite Rewards scheme when switching to Dodo. You may be eligible for ongoing discounts on petrol, movie tickets and more.
- Concessions: Eligible customers can receive rebates and discounts on their energy bills.
Contact Dodo Power & Gas
Phone: Call 13 DODO (13 36 36) to get in touch 7 days a week, 8am to 10pm AEST Monday to Friday and 8am to 7pm on weekends.
Post: Dodo Power & Gas, PO Box 631, Collins St West, Vic, 8007
What kind of customer service does Dodo offer?
- Call Dodo on 13 36 36, and they will try to resolve your problem as soon as possible.
- You can expect a response to emails and mail within 2 days.
- If you don’t want to receive deals, limited offers and other marketing calls or material from Dodo, you can get in touch using any of the methods above and request not to be contacted.
- Feel free to ask for a written response to any requests or enquiries.
If you’re not satisfied with your service, you can get in touch with Dodo Power & Gas.
How to switch to Dodo Power & Gas
Simply sign up online at the Dodo website, or explore your options by getting a quote from an energy broker using the form on this page.