Sumo: Compare electricity and gas services
Bundle your electricity, gas and NBN plans to unlock bigger savings on your home's utility bills.
Is Sumo right for me?
- What does Sumo offer? Sumo offers electricity and gas to Victorian residents, electricity to NSW customers, plus NBN broadband bundles in each state.
- Product highlights. Bundle with internet services to receive credits on internet account (over a 24 month period).
- Watch out for. Sumo's offerings have some geographical limitations, so not all bundles are available in all areas, which could limit your potential for savings.
Find out how much you can save by switching to Sumo Energy
Sumo electricity and gas
Victoria-based retailer Sumo is a provider of electricity, gas and high-speed broadband to residents of Victoria and New South Wales.
At present, Sumo doesn't offer gas services to NSW addresses. Victorians can connect to Sumo for gas, but only if they have a bundled electricity account.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does Sumo offer solar power?
If you're interested in accessing the sun's energy to power your home in an environmentally friendly way, Sumo's solar quote service will help you get connected.
Sumo offers products at a range of price points, from solar panels and inverters to the latest in-home battery storage. A team of in-house experts based in Melbourne will help design a solar solution for your household's needs, offer a no-obligation quote and help you get your system installed with Clean Energy Council certified installers.
For homes with existing solar panels, Sumo also offers feed-in tariffs to help maximise the benefit of your system.
Does Sumo offer GreenPower?
Unfortunately, Sumo is not an accredited GreenPower energy retailer. This means you cannot pay to offset your electricity usage with power from renewable sources if you are a Sumo customer.
Sumo offers a rewards program called Sumo Perks.
To be eligible for Sumo Perks, you need to meet the eligibility criteria:
- Be a residential customer of Sumo
- Pay your bills on time
- Receive your bills via email
- Be opted into marketing messages from Sumo
If you meet those basic requirements, you'll become eligible for exclusive perks at some of Australia's leading retailers, like JB Hi-Fi, The Good Guys, Coles and David Jones, among others.
It generally takes a few weeks for you to automatically be signed up for the program.
How can I pay my Sumo energy bills?
Sumo makes it easy to pay your energy bills:
Why consider Sumo Energy?
- Perks for paying your bills. It's always nice to get something for nothing, when all you're doing is paying your energy bills.
- Bundling options. Eligible customers can bundle not just electricity and gas, but also an NBN connection.
- Payment options. Pay with direct debit, online payments, BPAY or Centrepay.
- Monthly billing. To better help you budget, Sumo will let you pay for your energy use every month.
Ask an Expert