Sumo: Compare electricity and gas services
Bundle your electricity, gas and NBN plans to unlock bigger savings on your home's utility bills.
Is Sumo right for me?
- What does Sumo offer? Sumo offers electricity and gas to Victorian residents, electricity to NSW customers, plus NBN broadband bundles in each state.
- Product highlights. Bundle with internet services to receive credits on internet account (over a 24 month period).
- Watch out for. Sumo's offerings have some geographical limitations, so not all bundles are available in all areas, which could limit your potential for savings.
Find out how much you can save by switching to Sumo Energy
Sumo electricity and gas
Victoria-based retailer Sumo is a provider of electricity, gas and high-speed broadband to residents of Victoria and New South Wales.
At present, Sumo doesn't offer gas services to NSW addresses. Victorians can connect to Sumo for gas, but only if they have a bundled electricity account.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does Sumo offer solar power?
If you're interested in accessing the sun's energy to power your home in an environmentally friendly way, Sumo's solar quote service will help you get connected.
Sumo offers products at a range of price points, from solar panels and inverters to the latest in-home battery storage. A team of in-house experts based in Melbourne will help design a solar solution for your household's needs, offer a no-obligation quote and help you get your system installed with Clean Energy Council certified installers.
For homes with existing solar panels, Sumo also offers feed-in tariffs to help maximise the benefit of your system.
Does Sumo offer GreenPower?
Unfortunately, Sumo is not an accredited GreenPower energy retailer. This means you cannot pay to offset your electricity usage with power from renewable sources if you are a Sumo customer.
Sumo offers a rewards program called Sumo Perks.
To be eligible for Sumo Perks, you need to meet the eligibility criteria:
- Be a residential customer of Sumo
- Pay your bills on time
- Receive your bills via email
- Be opted into marketing messages from Sumo
If you meet those basic requirements, you'll become eligible for exclusive perks at some of Australia's leading retailers, like JB Hi-Fi, The Good Guys, Coles and David Jones, among others.
It generally takes a few weeks for you to automatically be signed up for the program.
How can I pay my Sumo energy bills?
Sumo makes it easy to pay your energy bills:
Why consider Sumo Energy?
- Perks for paying your bills. It's always nice to get something for nothing, when all you're doing is paying your energy bills.
- Bundling options. Eligible customers can bundle not just electricity and gas, but also an NBN connection.
- Payment options. Pay with direct debit, online payments, BPAY or Centrepay.
- Monthly billing. To better help you budget, Sumo will let you pay for your energy use every month.
How do I contact Sumo for support?
|Support||13 88 60|
|Postal address||South Melbourne Market Street|
PO Box 5329, South Melbourne, VIC 3205
Read more on this topic
Australia reaches "50%" in renewable energy use for the first time ever. But what does this mean? For 10 minutes, 50% of Australia's main electricity grid was powered by renewable energy, indicating an upward trend in green energy use.
Open Energy in Australia Energy is changing in Australia. Find out what open energy is and how it affects you.
The temperature trap: Air conditioning hacks Aussies are using to keep costs low With temperatures and energy costs rising, here are a couple of tech-savvy ways to save on aircon costs this summer.
The reference price: What is it and how does it affect you? We’ll explain what the new reference price, or Default Market Offer, is and how it affects residents in NSW, SA and QLD.
Kogan Energy: Electricity and gas plans Kogan Energy offers electricity to residents in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia as well as gas to customers in Victoria.
Discover Energy: Electricity plans Get electricity and solar services with Discover Energy in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
Rimfire Energy: Electricity plans Find out what Rimfire Energy offers in your area and how you can pay your electricity bill.
What is the Green Electricity Guide and how do green ratings work? Here’s how Australia’s “greenest” energy providers are determined by the Green Electricity Guide.
Powerclub: Electricity plans Find out how to become a Powerclub member and get access to wholesale electricity prices.
Next Business Energy: Electricity plans Next Business Energy offers business-only electricity in QLD, NSW, VIC, SA and the ACT.
Ask an Expert