Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Rimfire Energy: Electricity plans
Learn more about the largest non-government electricity retailer in the Northern Territory, Rimfire Energy.
Is Rimfire Energy right for me?
- What does Rimfire Energy offer? Electricity in the Northern Territory.
- Product highlights: Get electricity and solar for your household, business or enterprise.
- Watch out for: Electricity is not available for customers without smart meters or caravan park residents. Rimfire also doesn't offer pensioner or concession discounts.
Rimfire Energy electricity
Residents of the Northern Territory have been able to choose their energy retailer since the market opened in 2010. However, the choice of gas and electricity providers is still limited, and most of the state is powered by government-owned distributor Power and Water and retailer Jacana Energy.
Rimfire Energy opened in 2014 as a privately-owned electricity retailer. The company has since grown to become the largest non-government electricity provider in the Northern Territory.
Electricity plans are available for residences, small and medium-sized businesses, as well as commercial and industrial customers. However, to receive electricity from Rimfire, you'll need to have a smart meter installed at your premises.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
Yes, if you have solar panels installed, you can get solar rebates and feed-in tariffs when you switch to Rimfire.
However, the retailer doesn't sell or install solar panels so you'll have to arrange installation before switching.
Can I get GreenPower?
No, Rimfire Energy isn't GreenPower certified.
Where does Rimfire operate?
Eligible customers in the following regions can sign up to electricity plans with Rimfire Energy:
- Tennant Creek
- Alice Springs
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your bill using:
Why consider Rimfire Energy?
- Solar options. If you already have solar panels installed, you'll receive solar rebates and solar feed-in tariffs.
- Smart meters. Rimfire requires all customers to have smart meters, which help you get more accurate readings of your energy use. This means you'll only pay for what you use.
- Plans for any sized business. Whether you own a small business or a large industrial corporation, Rimfire has got you covered.
How do I contact Rimfire Energy for support?
|General enquiries||(08) 8943 0650|
|Darwin postal address||GPO Box 1782, Darwin, Northern Territory 0801|
|Brisbane postal address||GPO Box 1636, Brisbane, Queensland 4001|
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.