The energy provider rewarding punctual payees with affordable rates.
What utilities does Alinta Energy offer?
Who can sign up with Alinta Energy?
- NSW, VIC, QLD, SA and WA residents
Alinta Energy began retailing gas as AlintaGas in Western Australia in 1995. After numerous mergers and acquisitions AlintaGas became Alinta Energy in 2010, supplying natural gas and electricity to over 800,000 homes and businesses; operating nine power stations employing 780 people in 14 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
Who is Alinta Energy?
Alinta Energy provides gas, electricity and solar power to their customers, focusing on affordability and flexibility, with no lock in contracts and less fees.
Bills are payable through BPAY, Direct Debit and online, as well as traditional methods. The organisation is not green accredited but support a variety of environmental and community projects.
Be mindful that Alinta Energy Natural Gas is only available in the following states: Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia.Back to top
Are there any pros and cons for Alinta Energy?
- No lock in contracts
- No exit fees
- No late payment fees
- No credit card fees
- Competitive rates and good deals for electricity and gas
- Flexible contracts
- Solar feed-in tariffs available
- $100 account credit incentive for staying 12 months
- Online and other payment options available
- Not GreenPower accredited
- No online switching available
- Discounts and deals vulnerable to one late or partial payment
- Limited deals available for Solar feed-in tariffs
- Natural gas is not available in Queensland
- Electricity is not available in Western Australia, only Gas
Overall Alinta Energy caters ideally for those who are looking for affordable electricity and gas provision, but only those who can pay in full and on time every month. Failure to cover payments by their quarterly deadline will result in losing discount privileges and may bring about additional charges.