Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Alinta Energy: Electricity and gas plans
Get guaranteed discounts for both electricity and gas customers for the first 12 months.
Is Alinta Energy right for me?
- What does Alinta offer? Alinta delivers electricity to customers in NSW, VIC, QLD and SA plus gas in WA, NSW, SA and VIC.
- Product highlights: Alinta offers guaranteed discounts in most states for the first 12 months for both gas and electricity. In QLD, electricity customers receive a pay-on-time discount for the first 12 months.
- Watch out for: Alinta isn't GreenPower certified, so you can't pay to source your energy from renewable sources. There's also no monthly billing option.
Alinta electricity and gas
Alinta energy is one of the few retailers that both generates and sells energy. The company has eight power generators located across Australia and New Zealand.
Residential customers can get electricity in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia and gas in Western Australia, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
Alinta keeps its plans simple for customers, promising guaranteed discounts for the first 12 months in all states but Queensland. The sunshine state instead gets a pay-on-time discount for electricity plans.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does Alinta Energy offer solar power?
For customers in Western Australia, Alinta Energy has a solar program that tailors a solar system to your household's needs.
There are three tiers available, with all three tiers including a five-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Solar Essentials. Designed with Trina Honey 275W panels and a Zeversolar inverter, this is the company's starting package
- Solar Value. Combining the Trina Honey 275W panels with a Fronius inverter, this step up is designed to balance price with performance.
- Solar Premium. LG Mono 335W panels are combined with a Fronius inverter for premium performance from the solar system.
The retailer doesn't offer a solar installation program in any other state; however, it does offer feed-in tariffs for homes that already have solar panels installed, with tariffs varying depending on your location.
Does Alinta Energy offer GreenPower?
Alinta Energy is not a certified provider of the government's GreenPower program, so if renewable energy generation is a priority for you, you will have to look elsewhere.
Alinta Energy rewards
Alinta offers its energy customers a dedicated rewards program. You need to be logged in to access the full spectrum of discounts and deals on offer, but the program does promise some significant discounts on a wide range of products and services, including the following:
- Up to 48% off movie tickets
- Up to 30% off attractions like Sydney Wildlife Zoo
- Up to 5% off gift cards from leading retailers like Rebel Sport and Supercheap Auto
- Up to 50% off electronics
The program also promises VIP promotions and competitions, leveraging Alinta's partnership with Cricket Australia.
How can I pay my Alinta Energy bills?
Need to pay your bill? Alinta accepts a wide range of payment methods. However, some plans require you to use certain payment methods in order to receive a discount, so make sure you pay attention to the requirements of your selected plan. You also can't opt for monthly billing, which can make budgeting a bit more challenging.
Why consider Alinta Energy?
- All your energy needs. In SA, NSW and VIC, Alinta can supply you with both electricity and gas, simplifying your energy accounts.
- Guaranteed discounts. Most plans have guaranteed discounts for the first 12 months, regardless of whether you pay on time.
- Rewards. Save on the cost of movie tickets, electronics and gift cards with Alinta's Rewards program.
- No-lock-in contracts. You can switch energy providers at any time, with no exit fees.
- Payment options. It's easy to pay your bill, thanks to a variety of payment options.
How do I contact Alinta for support?
|Alinta Energy department||Number|
|WA customers||13 13 58|
|NSW, VIC, QLD and SA customers||13 37 02|
|TTY for hearing impaired||13 36 77|
Read more on this topic
Australia reaches "50%" in renewable energy use for the first time ever. But what does this mean? For 10 minutes, 50% of Australia's main electricity grid was powered by renewable energy, indicating an upward trend in green energy use.
Open Energy in Australia Energy is changing in Australia. Find out what open energy is and how it affects you.
The temperature trap: Air conditioning hacks Aussies are using to keep costs low With temperatures and energy costs rising, here are a couple of tech-savvy ways to save on aircon costs this summer.
The reference price: What is it and how does it affect you? We’ll explain what the new reference price, or Default Market Offer, is and how it affects residents in NSW, SA and QLD.
Kogan Energy: Electricity and gas plans Kogan Energy offers electricity to residents in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia as well as gas to customers in Victoria.
Discover Energy: Electricity plans Get electricity and solar services with Discover Energy in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
Rimfire Energy: Electricity plans Find out what Rimfire Energy offers in your area and how you can pay your electricity bill.
What is the Green Electricity Guide and how do green ratings work? Here’s how Australia’s “greenest” energy providers are determined by the Green Electricity Guide.
Powerclub: Electricity plans Find out how to become a Powerclub member and get access to wholesale electricity prices.
Next Business Energy: Electricity plans Next Business Energy offers business-only electricity in QLD, NSW, VIC, SA and the ACT.
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert