It's one of the biggest names in the industry, but what can Origin Energy offer Australians seeking a better deal?
Is Origin Energy right for me?
- What does Origin Energy offer? Customers can sign up for electricity, gas and solar plans in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and SA. It also offers a wide array of supplementary products & services.
- Product highlights: Origin Energy has all the bells & whistles - solar, batteries, electric vehicle support, LPG, heating/cooling systems, as well as their standard energy plans.
- Watch out for: While it's a well-rounded provider, some of Origin's cheapest deals are only available with 12 month lock-in periods.
About Origin Energy
Origin Energy was originally Boral’s electric business before it was broken off as a separate company back in the year 2000.
Origin is involved in all facets of the energy industry including exploration for natural gas reserves and the production of natural gas on both land and sea.
It also has significant investment in electricity generation, using both traditional means of generation as well as renewable including wind and solar power.
Origin Energy is one of Australia's leading retailers of gas and electricity in both the residential and business markets, including renewable energy.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does Origin Energy offer solar power?
Origin Energy has one of the widest ranges of products and services, and embraces renewable energy solutions. It was also the first provider in Australia to offer renewable natural gas.
For home's looking to invest in solar power, Origin can help you get a high quality system professionally installed, with full warranty, to reduce your energy bill. Origin offers interest free solar payment plans to help you make the switch.
Does Origin Energy offer GreenPower?
GreenPower is Australia’s accredited renewable energy scheme. When you sign up for this you choose to have a certain percentage of your home’s power use, either 25, 50, 75 or 100%, supplied to the grid with renewables. Your own power supply doesn’t change, but you’re adding more renewable energy to the system to offset your own power use.
In addition to GreenPower, Origin has also introduced Green Gas. It's a one-of-a-kind program that works in a similar fashion to GreenPower, but for gas. When you select it, Origin will offset your emissions through its independently audited Carbon Reduction Scheme. Once again, you’ll keep getting the same power as before but are doing your part for the environment.
How do I sign up with Origin Energy?
Signing up for Origin Energy is a fast and easy process. All you need to do is:
- Fill in your address via the Origin Energy website to get prices and plans for your location
- Specify whether you’re already an Origin Energy customer, or only just making the switch. This lets it work out which discounts you may be eligible for.
- Select whether or not you already have home solar panels.
- Notify Origin Energy if you are moving home so they can take care of disconnecting the utilities from your old property and connect them at the new one.
- Pick an energy plan.
You will need to provide appropriate identification and other documents depending on your chosen plan.
How can I pay my bills?
You have a range of payment options, with some plans having more than others.
Why consider Origin Energy?
- Plenty of green. Origin lets you invest in renewable energy not just for electricity, but also for your gas.
- Solar power. Whether you have solar panels yet or want to get them installed, Origin can help you make the most of your home's roof.
- Interest free heating and cooling. Need a new air conditioner? Maybe a new gas heater? Origin offers interest-free payment plans for all your home heating and cooling needs.
- Save on Internet. Origin also offers NBN plans, with discounts available for electricity and gas customers.
How do I contact Origin Energy for support?
|Origin Energy support||Number|
|Electricity and gas||13 24 61
|Moving house||13 66 83|
|Solar||1300 791 468|
|New meters & installations||1300 132 480|