Looking for a clean energy provider? Red Energy offers renewables-focused electricity and gas plans as well as solar technology options.
⚡ Electricity plans available in NSW, VIC, SA | ♨️ Gas plans available in NSW, VIC, SA
Red Energy is 100% owned by Snowy Hydro, one of Australia’s largest renewable energy providers. Its offers renewable energy and natural gas to Australians in several states.
Red Energy links all customers with a dedicated consultant, so you'll work with the same person from start to finish when signing up or if any issues arise.
What plans are offered by Red Energy?
Red Energy plans are available in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia, with availability depending on your location.
|Red Energy Plans||New South Wales||Victoria||South Australia|
|Living Energy Saver|
|Living Energy Saver Green|
|No Exit Fee Saver|
Does Red Energy offer any other renewable options?
Yes! Red Energy is one of the major renewable energy providers in Australia. If you want to save money, or the world, by going green, Red Energy has options to suit.
Get in touch with Red Energy to find out whether solar is a good fit for your home. It can help you sort through the options and recommend ideal solutions to balance the costs and benefits of having home solar power.
- All Red Energy solar options include anti-reflective and anti-soiling surfaces to reduce power loss and get more performance out of your photovoltaics, exceptional performance in low-light conditions and up to 12 year product warranty.
- Red Energy can hook your residency up with home battery storage so solar energy can keep powering your home even when the sun goes down, or run appliances in a blackout. This lithium-ion home battery will store energy created during the day for later use to reduce your reliance on the grid.
- Choose home solar installation, battery storage, or both.
Learn more about how solar power would work in your home, including how much it would cost, how long it would take to do and how much money you could save, by requesting a call back from a Red Energy expert.
The accredited GreenPower scheme is a way of separating more advanced and legitimate renewable energy technologies from the less effective ones, and making it easier for Australians to enjoy the benefits renewables can offer. Accredited GreenPower energy must be produced in line with specific protocols and to high environmental standards.
- When you get energy from the grid it’s a combination of renewables, coal and whatever else is out there. When you use GreenPower, the power company purchases additional renewable energy and feeds it into the grid on your behalf to compensate for emissions and bring you closer to sustainability.
- Red Energy offers GreenPower to customers in New South Wales and Victoria only.
- In addition to standard costs, GreenPower costs an extra 5.83 cents/kWh in GST.
- To switch to GreenPower, existing Red Energy customers will need to sign up again for the GreenPower option. New customers simply need to include it as an extra or select a plan that comes with it.
Are there any extra benefits to joining Red Energy?
When you get an account with Red Energy, you are also awarded a free Red Energy Rewards membership, which offers a variety of discount bonuses such as:
- Dining. Get an instant 20% off at restaurants, takeaways, pubs, grills and fine dining venues near you, along with two-for-one deals, extra freebies and additional ways to save.
- Travel. Enjoy half price hotels and resorts at more than 1,800 destinations worldwide, exclusive offers from Red Energy partners and big savings on airfares, car hire and travel insurance.
- Activities, services, entertainment and more. Half price car repairs, discounted dry cleaning, free theme park admission, two for one spa deals, bonus movie tickets, free gift cards for countless brands and many more ways to save money.
How do I sign up to a Red Energy plan?
- Join Red Energy online by answering a few simple questions and they can put all the options in front of you to compare.
- Look at the options in your state, either New South Wales, Victoria or South Australia, and request a quote to compare with other providers.
What options do I have for paying my bills?
Red Energy allows you to pick the option that’s most convenient for you, or opt for their in-house payment system called Evenpay. You’ll never be locked into any one option for long, so feel free to switch it up until you find the best way to pay.
- Pay your bills online quickly and easily.
- Call 131 806 to pay over the phone with VISA or Mastercard.
- Use BPAY, banking apps, PayPal and other online portals. Your Red Energy bills will have all the information you need to do this.
- Pay in person with cash, cheque or EFTPOS by visiting any Australia Post office.
- Arrange regular payments through Centrepay by calling 131 806.
- To pay by mail, send in cheques made payable to Red Energy Pty Ltd, PO Box 4136, East Richmond, VIC, 3121.
You also have other options to consider:
- Depending on your plan, you may select monthly or quarterly billing cycles in addition to standard options.
- Consider Evenpay to smooth out your bills and make them more equal. Evenpay will roughly average out the cost of your energy bills over the course of a year so you pay the same amount each time without any unpleasant surprises.
- Do not hesitate to get in touch with Red Energy if you’re struggling with the bills. It can work with you to explore other options, redraw plans and grant extensions.
How do I seek help or assistance?
Red Energy is renowned for its award-winning customer service.
- For urgent enquiries and those related to the connection or disconnection of power to your property, call 131 806.
- For all other enquiries, get in touch online for assistance.