Momentum Energy's electricity and gas plans include a commitment to producing more renewable energy.
Momentum Energy is part of Hydro Tasmania, one of the largest producers of renewable energy in Australia. Momentum Energy is 100% Australian owned and operated, offering competitively priced energy plans without confusing discount structures.
What utilities does Momentum Energy offer?
Who can sign up with Momentum Energy?
- Momentum electricity plans are available for homes and businesses in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, the ACT and the Bass Strait Islands.
- Momentum gas plans are available for homes and business in Victoria only. (Gas is not available in Gippsland and the Grampians region.)
What plans are offered by Momentum Energy?
- Electricity. Momentum Energy offer SmilePower Flexi, their no-contract electricity plan.
- Gas. Gas plans are available in most areas of Victoria. Gas plans are sold separately to electricity, so you're not obliged to bundle.
What are the features and benefits of Momentum Energy's products?
- Online signup bonuses. There are available signup bonuses ranging between $50-100. Head over to Momentum Energy's website to check if you are eligible.
- Matching renewable energy Momentum Energy will ensure that the amount of energy you use in a year is matched by the generation of an equivalent amount of renewable energy within the National Electricity Market. It's not possible in Australia to only have energy from renewable sources supplied direct to your home, but this arrangement means you do know that Australia's overall renewable energy capacity is growing if that's important to you. This arrangement is available across all plans.
- Australian customer service. Momentum Energy's customer service call centres is based in Australia.
- No exit fees. There are no exit fees if you decide to switch to another supplier, though you will have to pay a disconnection fee.
- Flexible payment periods. With electricity, you can choose between monthly or quarterly bills. Gas is billed bi-monthly.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your energy bills conveniently via the phone, mail, direct debit, BPAY, Australia Post BPAY or CentrePay. They also have no credit card fees, which means no surcharge when paying with your credit card.