Keep moving to renewable power with Momentum Energy electricity and gas, LED lighting, solar panels and more.
Who is Momentum Energy?
Momentum Energy is part of Hydro Tasmania, one of the largest producers of renewable energy Australia. As the name suggests, Momentum Energy can help you keep moving towards lower costs and greater value, with competitively priced energy plans, as well as many easy ways to reduce your power use and cut costs.
- Who can sign up for Momentum Energy?
- Momentum electricity plans are available for homes and businesses in NSW, VIC, SA and parts of QLD.
- Momentum gas plans are available in Victoria only.
- Competitive rates. Simply competitive prices instead of complicated conditional discounts
- Reduced costs. Cut out the paperwork and opt for online account management to further keep costs down.
- Award-winning customer service. Momentum Energy has been recognised among energy companies for having the 'Most Satisfied Customers'
- Top customer ratings. Momentum Energy customers in Victoria have voted it as the top provider for customer service, payment plan options, energy saving advice advice and value for money.
What packages does Momentum Energy offer?
|Plan||State||Who can get it?||Contract||Benefits|
|Standing offer||NSW, SA, VIC, ACT and QLD||Homes and small/med business||Ongoing||Simple, flexible standing offers at state prices|
|SmilePower||NSW, SA, VIC & ACT||Homes and small/med business||12, 24 or 36 months||$50 online signup bonus, clean energy generation to match your usage|
|SmilePower Plus||NSW, SA, VIC & ACT||Homes and small/med business||12, 24 or 36 months||$50 online signup bonus, 2% discount for paying by direct debit and clean energy generation to match your usage|
|Gas Plan||VIC||Homes and small/med business||12, 24 or 36 months||Fixed rates, no lock in contract, $50 online signup bonus|
Could you switch to Momentum Energy?
If you live in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia or the Australian Capital Territory, then Momentum Energy might be able to help you save money, and be more environmentally friendly with your power. They also offer gas supply in Victoria only, if you like your services to come from the same place.
Pros and cons of Momentum Energy deals:
- Green energy - Momentum Energy offer electricity from renewable sources designed to limit the environmental impact of power.
- Customer service - Momentum Energy takes customer service seriously and will try to keep you satisfied throughout your experience with them. They offer both online and offline support channels through phone and email. Online account management is also possible through their official website.
- 100% Australia owned - Not only Australian owned, but also part one of Australia's foremost renewable energy providers.
- No solar buyback - If you’re already running solar panels, you might find a better deal elsewhere.
- Lock in - No month-by-month or easy out contracts available.
- Limited service - Only available to residents of Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales and parts of QLD.
How to switch to Momentum Energy
If you would like to know whether Momentum Energy is suitable for your needs, consider speaking to an energy specialist today. Should you decide to switch to Momentum Energy, your broker will speak to their specialist transfer team who will do everything they can to make your transfer quick and easy.