With Energy Locals your discounts don’t disappear, your prices can stay low and 50% of profits are donated.
Energy Locals gives every customer carbon neutral power at no extra cost, while donating 50% of profit to good Australian causes, including renewable energy development and local community groups. This comes with plans that don’t carry conditional discounts, have no lock-in fees and prices that will never be changed for profit. Instead, you can simply see the average price per month and compare it with your last energy bill. All plans have the same prices, and the only difference is which cause you choose to support.
Complete the form with some details about your residential electricity, gas or solar needs and you'll be contacted by a Energy Locals consultant for an obligation-free discussion about your options.
The consultant will work with you to help you find a suitable plan.
Who is Energy Locals?
Energy Locals is Australia’s first social enterprise energy retailer, and the first in Australia to offer 100% carbon neutral power to all its customers at no extra cost. As a community energy company, Energy Locals has a unique promise to never raise prices for the purpose of increasing its profits, as well as an equally unique commitment to putting at least 50% of its profits towards good causes, including cancer research, children’s hospitals, renewable energy for remote communities and more.
Everyone needs power, and there’s a good chance Energy Locals can get you lower prices while simultaneously making a real difference.
- Energy Locals is currently offering electricity plans in New South Wales and Queensland
- No complicated prices, no lock-in contracts, no conditional discounts and no purely-for-profit price hikes
- GreenPower accredited
- Generous 10c (11c with GST) solar feed-in tariffs
- Completely carbon neutral power. Energy Locals trades international carbon credits to balance its footprint
- Online sign-ups, where you can simply send in your last energy bill and Energy Local will let you know exactly how much you’ll be able to save by switching
Packages offered by Energy Locals
Energy Locals has no energy plans. Instead, you simply get the best value that Energy Locals can provide in your area with no lock-in contracts, no exit fees and no chance of bill shock.
- When you sign up with Energy Locals, your average energy costs are worked out and a direct debit is set up for this amount.
- If the average isn’t enough for a given month, you can update your account with a one-off payment.
- The only fees you ever have to worry about are a 1% fee for card payments and a small late payment fee. With direct debit you can avoid these entirely.
You don’t need to sift through complicated plans or measure discounts against tariffs. Instead, you can simply find out how much energy in your postcode costs, whether you want to add GreenPower and which good cause you’d like Energy Locals to put profits towards.
Simple, flat prices from Energy Locals
- All solar feed-in tariffs are 11 cents per kWh including GST.
- Prices below are for single rate plans. You can also opt for time of use, controlled load and other types of tariffs that better suit your needs to get lower prices.
- All prices listed have GST already included.
|NSW, Ausgrid distribution area||NSW, Endeavour area||NSW, Essential distribution area||QLD, Energex distribution area|
|Price per kWh||25.3 cents/kWh||25.3 cents/kWh||25.3 cents/kWh||27.5 cents/kWh|
|Daily supply charge||$1.05||$0.93||$1.59||$1.20 daily supply charge|
Who can switch to Energy Locals?
Whether you’re a residential or business customer, there’s a good chance that you can save money by switching to Energy Locals, save time with simple pricing schemes and even save lives by having at least 50% of your energy bill profits go to good causes.
When you sign up, you can choose which organisation you’d like Energy Locals to put their profits towards, and you can even register your own group or organisation with it.
What are the pros and cons of using Energy Locals?
- Straightforward plans with competitive prices
- No lock-in contracts or exit fees
- 100% Australian owned
- A unique guarantee that your prices will never be raised for profit alone
- Automatic bill smoothing at no extra cost
- Your choice of 10%, 20%, 50% or 100% GreenPower
- 100% carbon neutral energy at no extra cost
- Australia’s first social energy retailer to devote 50% or more of profits to great Australian causes
- Electricity plans only
- Only available across NSW, and in QLD’s Energex distribution area
- Bills are emailed out for free, but there is a $2 fee per paper bill if you choose to receive it in the mail
How do I join Energy Locals?
You can simply sign up using the form on this page.
- You can email your bill to Energy Locals to receive a free, detailed cost comparison and find out how much you’ll be able to save.
- There are no contract periods or fixed terms with Energy Locals.
- Remember that while Energy Locals does not have any exit fees with any plan, your current provider might.
Energy Locals is a unique provider that lets its customers and partners save money by changing energy plans, and change Australia by supporting good causes and moving the country closer to renewable energy.