A community-focused electricity company looking to change the way Australians look at electricity.
Is Energy Locals right for me?
- What does Energy Locals offer? It offers simple electricity plans in NSW, SA, ACT and Queensland, with Victoria on the way, which are all 100% carbon offset.
- Product highlights: As a non-profit, Energy Locals promises to only charge wholesale electricity prices, plus a weekly membership fee for the lowest possible price.
- Watch out for: Credit card and paper bill fees, though they can be avoided by using direct debit and receiving email bills.
Find out how much you can save by switching to Energy Locals
Energy Locals electricity
Energy Locals is a not-for-profit energy retailer, with a mission to provide clean energy to customers at an affordable price.
To achieve this goal, it has upended the pricing structure of its electricity plans, charging a weekly membership fee with prices starting at $2.80 per week, and promising wholesale energy rates which should guarantee the lowest possible usage rates.
In addition to this, Energy Locals will completely offset the carbon emissions of every customer, as well as offer generous feed-in tariffs for solar customers.
And to further demonstrate its community focus, Energy Locals will make regular donations to a charity of your choice when you pay your bill.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does Energy Locals offer solar power?
While Energy Locals won't install solar panels, it does have a strong emphasis on offering solar energy solutions. In South Australia it is working with the state government and Tesla on the SA virtual power plant, a network of homes with solar panels that can use excess solar energy from rooftop solar to help create cheaper electricity for up to 49,000 households, should the project be successful.
For other residential customers, Energy Locals offers a competitive feed-in tariff for excess energy produced from a pre-installed solar system. The company also helps install digital meters for solar installers, allowing customers to benefit from their solar power sooner.
Does Energy Locals offer GreenPower?
Energy Locals automatically purchases carbon offsets for all its customers to ensure all its users are enjoying carbon-neutral electricity, but it also offers GreenPower.
Customers can opt to source 10%, 50% or 100% of their electricity from renewable sources via the government's GreenPower initiative, with the excess rate increasing depending on the amount of renewable energy selected.
Energy Locals charities
As a non-profit, Energy Locals works to offer affordable electricity to its customers. One way it helps keep its balance sheet on track is to donate part of its profits to a number of charities, communities and schools.
New customers signing up to an Energy Locals plan have the option of selecting a charity and Energy Locals will make a donation to that charity. Among the charities to choose from, depending on your location:
- Cancer Council
- McGrath Foundation
- Surf Lifesaving NSW
- R U OK?
- Starlight Children's Foundation
- Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation
- Sunshine Coast Environment Council
- Blue Knot Foundation
How can I pay my Energy Locals bills?
There are a limited number of payments accepted by Energy Locals.
Why consider Energy Locals?
- Green energy. Energy Locals is committed to the environment, offsetting 100% of your electricity usage's carbon emissions at no extra cost, offering GreenPower and supporting solar power initiatives.
- Simple, affordable plans. Because it's a non-profit organisation, Energy Locals can offer electricity at a low price.
- Giving back. Part of the profit generated from your business will be donated back to a charity of your choice.
- No lock-in contracts. If you're unhappy, you can move on to another provider without big exit fees.
- Australian owned and operated. 100% Australian owned, with an emphasis on community.
How do I contact Energy Locals for support?
|Sales and support||1300 693 637|
|QLD customers||(07) 4079 4016|
|NSW & ACT customers||(02) 8294 2302|
|SA customers||(08) 7078 8082|