Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
EnergyAustralia: Gas, electricity and solar power
EnergyAustralia delivers the full suite of energy products for Australians, with competitive electricity, gas and solar products.
Is EnergyAustralia right for me?
- What does EnergyAustralia offer? Electricity plans in NSW, VIC, SA, ACT and QLD, plus gas in NSW, VIC, SA and ACT. EnergyAustralia also offers a complete solar service.
- Product highlights: Option to offset your carbon emissions for no extra cost (after six months).
- Watch out for: Some of EnergyAustralia's plans have fixed pricing for 12 months – this is great for keeping costs under control, but you should be aware that pricing could go up after a year.
Compare plans by speaking to a consultant
Electricity Wizard can help you find the right electricity or gas plan from an Australian retailer.
- Get a quote based on your usage
- Over 1 million Australians helped
- No paper work and no added costs
EnergyAustralia electricity and gas
Today EnergyAustralia is one of the biggest power retailers in Australia, with over 1.7 million customers.
It offers electricity services to customers in NSW, VIC, QLD, SA and the ACT. It also offers gas connections in SA, NSW, VIC and the ACT.
As well as its retail offerings, EnergyAustralia has an immense portfolio of traditional power generation sites, with ongoing investment in renewable power generation.
At a household level, EnergyAustralia can help you install complete solar panel solutions, including battery storage.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
EnergyAustralia has a full solar power offering, from installation of solar panels, inverters and battery storage, all the way through to offering generous feed-in tariffs.
EnergyAustralia's solar power systems come in a range of options to suit a variety of budgets:
- Premium. Using LG NeON 2 panels and Enphase micro-inverters.
- Smart (option 1). Trina Honey M Plus Panels and Enphase micro-inverters.
- Smart (option 2). Jinko solar panels and Enphase micro-inverters.
- Saver (option 1). Trina Honey M Plus Panels and Zeversolar string inverter.
- Saver (option 2). Jinko solar panels and Zeversolar string inverter.
Each system is designed to meet your household's usage needs and budget, with options to purchase the system on a five-year interest-free payment solution through HSBC, or on your Visa or Mastercard.
For those wanting an even more complete system, EnergyAustralia offers two solar battery solutions as well.
- Tesla Powerwall. 13.5kWh energy storage capacity, plus flexible mounting options and over-the-air software updates.
- Redback Smart Hybrid Inverter with LG Chem battery. Features flexible battery capacity between 3.3kWh and 13kWh and the ability to schedule and control certain hardwired appliances, like a pool pump or hot water system.
Once a solar system is installed, EnergyAustralia offers a generous feed-in tariff for electricity fed back into the grid from your solar panels. In Victoria, customers have an option of a variable feed-in tariff, which sees the rate depending on whether it's fed in during peak, off-peak or shoulder time periods.
Can I get GreenPower?
EnergyAustralia's PureEnergy program is a GreenPower accredited program that allows customers to pay to source their electricity from renewable sources.
Residential customers can choose to have 10%, 20% or 100% of their energy sourced from renewable sources like solar, wind, hydro and biomass.
In addition to GreenPower, EnergyAustralia offers to completely offset the carbon emissions of its energy customers after they've held an active account for six months at no additional cost.
How can I pay my bills?
As a major energy company, EnergyAustralia accepts a wide range of payment options:
Why consider EnergyAustralia?
- One-stop shop. Whether you want electricity, gas or a solar system installed, EnergyAustralia can take care of all your energy needs.
- Fixed usage rates. Some plans have fixed usage rates for the first 12 months, ensuring prices won't go up.
- Free carbon offset. If you've been an active customer for over six months and opt in, EnergyAustralia will offset your household's carbon emissions for no extra cost.
- Lots of payment options. Regardless of your personal situation, EnergyAustralia makes it easy for you to pay your energy bills.
- 24/7 Account management. Keep on top of your payments and usage at any hour of the day using the MyAccount tool.
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert