State government-owned Horizon Power supplies energy to remote and rural communities across Western Australia.
Is Horizon Power right for me?
- What does Horizon Power offer? Electricity in regional towns and remote communities in Western Australia.
- Product highlights: Horizon Power is the only electricity supplier in many remote regions across Western Australia.
- Watch out for: Horizon Power doesn't offer gas services or GreenPower.
Horizon Power electricity
Owned by the Western Australian state government, Horizon Power provides power to over 100,000 homes and 10,000 businesses across the state. It specialises in the area known as the North West Interconnected System (NWIS) and the surrounding rural regions. Horizon Power provides electricity to the biggest area with the least amount of customers in the world.
Horizon Power supplies energy from a range of sources and is committed to developing infrastructure and systems to increase renewable energy across the state. If you live in a community serviced by Horizon Power, you likely won't be able to choose your energy provider as Horizon Power is the only energy supplier in many areas of Western Australia.
Horizon Power offers simple energy plans for residents and businesses as electricity prices in Western Australia are set by the government.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does Horizon Power offer solar power?
Horizon Power offers solar power to eligible customers. However, you must apply for approval from the provider before you can install a solar system. Horizon Power limits the number of properties in each solar network because there is a limit to the amount of electricity that each network can take.
Find out if you qualify for solar power with Horizon Power by using the online eligibility calculator.
Does Horizon Power offer GreenPower?
Horizon Power isn't GreenPower certified which means you can't pay to source your energy from renewable sources.
Where does Horizon Power operate?
Horizon Power is based in Perth with regional depots in Broome, Karratha, Carnarvon, Kununurra, Esperance and Port Hedland. The company services the following areas in Western Australia:
- Mid West
- The southern region of WA including Esperance, the Southern Goldfields, Norseman and Hopetoun
If you live in WA but are outside Horizon Power's area of operation, your electricity will most likely be supplied by Synergy. If you own a business, you may be able to choose your electricity provider.
How can I pay my Horizon Power bills?
You can pay for your energy using the following methods:
Why consider Horizon Power?
- Simple plans. Horizon Power energy plans are simple and easy to understand with no bells and whistles.
- The sole provider in many regions. Residents of many remote communities in WA are not able to choose their electricity provider as Horizon Power is the only option in most areas.
- Solar services. If you live in an eligible area, you can apply for approval to install a solar system on your property.
- Local employment. Horizon Power aims to employ people who live and work in the communities serviced by the provider.
- Flexible payment options. You can choose from a range of methods to pay your bill in a way that's convenient for you.
How do I contact Horizon Power for support?
|Horizon Power department||Number|
|Residential enquiries||1800 267 926|
|Business enquiries||1800 737 036|
|Faults and emergencies||13 23 51|
|TIS (translating service for customers who don't speak English)||13 14 50|
|TTY (for customers with hearing or speech difficulties)||1800 461 499|
|International contact number||+61 386 777 857|
|Fax||1800 420 998|