Thinking about switching to AGL? Find out what the most established energy provider in Australia has to offer.
Is AGL right for me?
- What does AGL offer? Electricity in NSW, VIC, QLD and SA as well as gas in NSW, VIC, QLD, SA and WA. Solar and green energy options are also available.
- Product highlights. AGL offers loyalty rewards, including select discounts on gift cards, movie tickets, travel and accommodation. flybuys rewards customers can also earn points.
- Watch out for. Many of AGL's cheaper plans require a longer term commitment to enjoy discounts. Other plans only offer discounts for a set period, after which rates can drastically increase.
Compare AGL plans by speaking to an energy consultant
- Expert Advice
- No obligation to sign up
- 100% Free Service
AGL electricity and gas
The Australian Gas Light Company got its start providing gas lighting to Sydney back in 1837, but these days, it simply goes by the name AGL.
AGL offers electricity services in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia. Gas customers can get connected in NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.
Pricing will vary depending on the supplier, which is determined by your address. It does offer electricity plans with either fixed or variable rates, so it's important to compare before signing up to make sure you aren't paying more than you have to.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does AGL offer solar power?
AGL no longer sells solar systems to customers directly, but the company can still organise installation through a third party. Once your home has been set up with solar panels, AGL offers a performance monitoring platform called "Solar Command" to ensure you're getting the best performance from your panels.
- If you already have solar panels, you can sign up to an AGL plan with a solar feed-in tariff. Once connected, you can use the Solar Command platform to monitor performance and get the most out of your system.
- If you do not already have solar panels installed, AGL can assist you in finding a third-party installer via a short questionnaire.
Does AGL offer GreenPower?
Once you've selected an electricity plan, you can opt to source a percentage of your electricity from renewable sources.
AGL Green Choice is the company's accredited GreenPower program. When you add a Green Choice option to your electricity bill, AGL will source electricity equal to 10%, 20% or 100% of your entire household energy consumption from renewable sources.
The cost for adding Green Choice to your energy account varies depending on the percentage chosen. The cost can range from a small weekly fee to an increase to the cost per kWh.
AGL offers customers a range of different reward options.
- Earn flybuys points. By linking your flybuys account with AGL, you can earn 1 flybuys point for every dollar you spend on your electricity or gas bill. It also offers a bonus 10,000 points for eligible new customers switching to AGL.
- AGL Rewards. AGL offers customers a dedicated rewards program that promises exclusive discounts on gifts, movies, travel and accommodation. Once you've signed up, you access these discounts through the My Account portal.
- Smart home bonus. On selected energy plans, AGL offers a bonus Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen).
How can I pay my AGL bills?
AGL offers multiple payment plan options to choose from:
Why consider AGL?
- Bundle and save. You can enjoy extra discounts if you bundle electricity and gas plans.
- Green power. AGL's Green Choice program lets you choose to source up to 100% of your electricity from renewable sources.
- AGL rewards. Whether it's flybuys points or discounted accommodation, travel or movie tickets, getting rewarded for being a customer can have big benefits.
- Useful energy tools. AGL has digital platforms like Energy Online, AGL IQ and the AGL Energy App which let you closely manage and stay on top of your household electricity usage.
- Payment options. Pay with direct debit, eBilling, BPAY, SMS Pay, PayPal, credit card, via bank account, mailing in a cheque or even in person at any post office.
- Bill smoothing. Energy costs change throughout the year which can lead to unexpected shortfalls and be a real headache for budget and planning purposes. Bill smoothing averages the total estimated cost of your annual energy bill across the year and breaks it into your choice of weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment instalments.
How do I contact AGL for support?
|Gas and electricity||131 245|
|(Calling from overseas)||+613 8633 6000|
|Pay your bill||1300 657 386|
|Boiler services||1300 732 245|
|AGL Rewards||1300 397 079|