Compare plans from energy suppliers in Australia.
AGL Energy: Electricity and gas plans
Thinking about switching to AGL? Find out what the most established energy provider in Australia has to offer.
Is AGL right for me?
- What does AGL offer? Electricity in NSW, VIC, QLD and SA as well as gas in NSW, VIC, QLD, SA and WA. Solar and green energy options are also available. However, not all options are available in every area.
- Product highlights. AGL offers loyalty rewards, including select discounts on gift cards, movie tickets, travel and accommodation. flybuys rewards customers can also earn points.There are also no exit fees on any AGL plans.
- Watch out for. Many of AGL's cheaper plans require customers to sign up for a longer-term commitment to be eligible for discounts. Other plans only offer discounts for a set period, after which rates can drastically increase.
Compare plans by speaking to an energy consultant
- Expert Advice
- No obligation to sign up
- 100% Free Service
AGL electricity and gas
The Australian Gas Light Company got its start providing gas lighting to Sydney back in 1837, but these days, it simply goes by the name AGL.
AGL offers electricity services in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia. Gas customers can get connected in NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia. Keep in mind, while AGL operates in these states, not all options are offered in every area. Make sure to check what's available in your postcode by checking your address on the AGL site.
Pricing will vary depending on the supplier, distribution area and meter configuration, which is determined by your address. It does offer electricity plans with either fixed or variable rates, so it's important to compare before signing up to make sure you aren't paying more than you have to.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
AGL no longer sells solar systems to customers directly, but customers who already have solar panels can get solar feed-in tariffs.
If you do not already have solar panels installed, you'll have to arrange installation before signing up for a solar plan with AGL.
Can I get GreenPower?
Once you've selected an electricity plan, you can opt to source a percentage of your electricity from renewable sources.
Green Choice is the company's accredited GreenPower program. When you add a Green Choice option to your electricity bill, AGL will source electricity equal to 10%, 20% or 100% of your entire household electricity consumption from renewable sources.
The cost for adding Green Choice to your energy account varies depending on the percentage chosen. The cost can range from a small weekly fee to an increase to the cost per kWh.
How to earn flybuys and AGL Rewards
AGL offers customers a range of different reward options.
- Earn flybuys points. You can earn one flybuys point for every dollar you spend on your electricity and gas bills if you link your flybuys membership with your home energy account and successfully register for an online AGL account or 'My Account' and sign up for eBilling. If you prefer paper bills and don't want to sign up for eBilling, you can earn one flybuys point for every two dollars you spend on your electricity and gas bills.
- AGL Rewards. AGL customers have access to a rewards program that offers discounts on a range of gift cards, shopping products, movie tickets, travel and accommodation. To sign up, register for 'My Account' on the AGL website and activate AGL Rewards.
How can I pay my bills?
AGL offers multiple payment plan options to choose from. Keep in mind, fees may apply for some payment options.
Why consider AGL?
- Green power. AGL's Green Choice program lets you choose to source up to 100% of your electricity from renewable sources.
- AGL rewards. Whether it's flybuys points or discounted accommodation, travel or movie tickets, getting rewarded for being a customer can have big benefits.
- Useful energy tools. AGL has digital platforms like Energy Online, AGL IQ and the AGL Energy App which let you closely manage and stay on top of your household electricity usage.
- Payment options. Pay with direct debit, BPAY, SMS Pay, PayPal, credit card, via bank account, mailing in a cheque or even in person at any post office.
- Bill smoothing. Energy costs change throughout the year which can lead to unexpected shortfalls and be a real headache for budget and planning purposes. Bill smoothing averages the total estimated cost of your annual energy bill across the year and breaks it into your choice of weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment instalments.
How do I contact AGL for support?
|Gas and electricity plans||131 245|
|(Calling from overseas)||+613 8633 6000|
|Pay your bill||1300 657 386|
|Boiler services||1300 732 245|
|AGL Rewards||1300 397 079|
More energy guides
Moving, dissatisfied with your service or going off-grid?
Ask an Expert