Aurora Energy is a small energy provider with big ideas. Fully GreenPower certified and offering a range of electricity products to small homes to large businesses.
- What utilities does Aurora Energy offer?
- Who can sign up with Aurora Energy?
- Residents of Tasmania
Established in 1998, Aurora Energy is a state-owned energy company from Tasmania. Though they are proud to be part of the Holiday Isle, they also offer some great services to residents of the mainland.
Who is Aurora?
Aurora Energy provide electricity and gas to homes and businesses from their headquarters in Hobart, Tasmania. They have a great website offering plenty of support and an online system that allows you to manage your account from your computer or mobile.
They also offer renewable and green energy solutions through their AuroraGreen program, which is fully accredited by GreenPower. Basically it let’s you choose a percentage of your power to come from fully renewable sources.
Their website is loaded with great information about saving energy, heating and insulation guides and how to choose the right systems for your home. If you want to get your power from a small company that is proud of its place in the community and the world, then Aurora Power could be a good place to start.
What packages does Aurora Energy offer?
Aurora Energy offer electricity, gas and green energy services, you’ll have to head to their website to get your energy quote, but before you do here are a few things to look out for.
In addition to their standard energy package, AuroraGreen let’s you choose a portion of your energy bill that will come from renewable sources, and then charges you the following amounts for the energy you use.
|Green Power Accreditation||Cost|
This is great for someone who is more concerned about the environment than about short term savings, or anyone who wants to split their power between renewable and non-renewable sources.Back to top
Are there any discounts?
Aurora Energy also has some great discounts that, if taken advantage of, could lead to even bigger savings over the course of your contract.
- Direct debit discount - Aurora Energy offer a $5 discount when your pay your electricity bill in full by the due date via direct debit. This may not sound like much, but if you’re a regular customer who might use the service for a long time then it could really add up.
- Aurora heating discount - If you use your electricity to heat your home, using wire heaters with an output of 3.5kW or more, then you might be eligible for a discounted rate on the electricity used by that heater.
- Solar feed in tariff - If you have solar panels on your home or business, then Aurora Energy offer a buy back service, through which they will buy back any excess power you generate.
What about business users?
If you’re running a small, medium or large scale business in Tasmania or Victoria then Aurora Energy have products designed to suit you too. First or all, if you’re unsure of what size operation you are running, Aurora Energy defines businesses by the amount of energy they use in a calendar year.
- Small business - Up to $10,000 of consumption per year (Tasmania only).
- Medium business - $10,000 to $30,000 of consumption per year (Tasmania only).
- Large business - $30,000 plus of consumption per year (Tasmania or Victoria).
If you fit the bill and you’re interested in getting a quote on electricity or gas, then head over to the Aurora Energy on the links provided and see what you can save.Back to top
Could you switch to Aurora Energy?
Switching your power to Aurora Energy is easy. Simply head over to their website on the links above and fill in the electricity connection form, you’ll be taken few a through easy steps and that’s it. But it is worth noting that there is a standard connection fee of $59.15, which applies to all new accounts, which might nullify any savings that you’ll later make on your bill.
Here are some points to get you thinking:
- Good environmental record.
- Small company, proud to be part of their local community.
- Great savings offers, especially the direct debit discount.
- High joining fee.
- Business services only available in Tasmania and Victoria.
How to switch to Aurora Energy
Switching your power to Aurora Energy is easy — simply head over to their website for more information.