Get 100% certified carbon neutral energy at no extra cost
Switching to Powershop means you’re doing your part for the planet, and using 100% certified renewable energy at no extra cost.
- What utilities does Powershop offer?
- Who can sign up with Powershop?
- NSW and VIC residents
Complete the form with some details about your residential or business electricity and gas needs and you'll be contacted by a consultant for an obligation-free discussion about your options.The consultant will work with you to compare a range of energy suppliers in your area.You may also receive a quote from the below providers.
Who is Powershop?
Powershop is a completely online energy provider. Created in New Zealand before expanding to Australia, Powershop has become known for having versatile energy options and wide-ranging benefits, while simultaneously helping customers save money and get closer to becoming carbon neutral. Sign up with Powershop for an innovative, award winning energy retailer and get benefits you can’t find elsewhere.
- Australia’s Greenest Power Company 2014 & 2015 Greenpeace award
- Most Satisfied Customers in Victoria 2015, Canstar Blue
- Happiest Energy Customers, 2015 ServiceRage Happy Customer Awards
- Certified Carbon Neutral Organisation, National Carbon Offset Standard
- Powershop has no energy plans, and strives to give all customers the best deal they can. This makes switching simpler, easier and quicker, while simultaneously making sure you’re enjoying some of the highest quality and lowest prices around. Instead of choosing a plan, simply select whether you’d prefer to get market rates, or if you plan on using the online store to get discounts.
- Once you’ve switched to Powershop you can access their online store and buy Powerpacks. These let you buy different types of power online which are used instead of your rates. If you want to go extra-green, save money by waiting for a discount and then stock up on energy, or otherwise want more control over your electricity, you can do it quickly and easily with Powerpacks.
What packages does Powershop offer?
Powershop is not a standard energy company, and has no traditional plans the way most others do. Instead, you simply choose between market rates, or discounted rates with some conditions. This option determines what type of energy you will get by default when you’re not using Powerpacks.
- Base rates: Standard costs without conditions. May be a preferable option for those who don’t plan on using the Powerpacks.
- Discount rates: Get a 4% discount, and up to another 14% off, for signing into your online Powershop at least once a month. This may be the way to go for those who plan on using Powerpacks and managing their energy plan for better value.
In all cases, Powershop has no fixed term contracts, and no lock-in contracts. You are free to come and go as you please with Powershop, at no extra cost.
Switching to Powershop
You can switch to Powershop in five minutes online. All you need is payment information in the form of credit card or bank details, and preferably a recent electricity bill.
If you’re not satisfied after the switch, you have 60 days to cancel for a reconnection to your old provider, and a refund on any unused electricity. It usually takes 3–4 weeks to actually transition over, but Powershop will keep you in the loop and send you an email as soon as it happens.
- Powershop is currently only available in Victoria and New South Wales.
- Powershop does not currently offer gas plans. If you want to switch your electricity to Powershop and stick with your current provider for gas, this is easily done by simply signing up as normal.
Pros and cons of Powershop deals
- Environmentally friendly: Powershop provides you with the option of 100% GreenPower to completely offset your home energy use environmental footprint.
- No lock-in contracts: Don't worry about exit fees, and feel free to switch providers at any time.
- Account management tools: Keep tabs on your energy usage through the Powershop website or app, and purchase Powerpacks, look for deals, pay bills and do much more, all online.
- Concessions available: If you have a Pensioner Card, Health Care Card, or a Veterans Affairs Gold Card, or are eligible for other concessions, you can get them with Powershop.
- Location: Currently only available in Victoria and New South Wales.
Solar energy with Powershop
Powershop probably wouldn’t have won the Greenpeace Australia’s Greenest Power Company award two years in a row without exceptional support for solar customers. Once you have solar panels installed, you can start accessing the relevant rebates and discounts with Powershop.
- Earn solar feed-in tariff credits based on the amount of solar power your roof is generating. Powershop is serious about renewable energy and pays feed-in tariffs higher than the government-regulated minimum.
- Use the Powershop smartphone app to gain more insight into your solar energy benefits and find more ways to save money by saving energy.
Powershop is an energy company that actually rewards you for having solar panels in your home or business.
How do I switch to Powershop?
It couldn’t be easier. Simply contact Powershop and they can make it all happen, including disconnecting you from your old provider.