Powershop offers a 100% carbon offset on your electricity bill at no extra charge.
With a focus on green energy, Powershop offsets the carbon for all electricity provided to its customers. It is the only electricity retailer in Australia to be government certified as 100% carbon neutral. Its unique range of Powerpacks also allows for more flexible management of your bills as well as the potential to take advantage of better discounts on your electricity.
What utilities does Powershop offer?
Who can sign up with Powershop?
- NSW, Victoria and South East Queensland residents
Compare Powershop's range of plans and apply securely
What products does Powershop offer?
Powershop sells electricity in packs. This allows customers to purchase their power flexibly. Rather than getting billed for your power consumption you can control your spending by buying packs in advance. You can buy top-up packs if you need a little extra during hot and cold months.
Here are some of Powershop's most popular Powerpacks:
- Online Saver Pack. A discounted pack offering the best discount available on the day of purchase. You must purchase this pack online.
- Future Pack. This option lets you lock in a discount by purchasing power in advance. This is a good way of limiting your power bills during the warmer months.
- GreenPower Pack. Purchasing this Powerpack lets you support accredited green energy businesses. This helps renewable energy generators compete with fossil fuels.
- Special Pack. Occasional specials that allow customers to get discounted deals on their electricity.
- Top Up Pack. This option provides you with power to use immediately at a guaranteed discounted.
Can Powershop bill me monthly for my power consumption like other energy retailers?
Yes. If you'd prefer not to monitor your electricity consumption and purchase the Powerpacks to suit, you can opt to receive a regular email bill on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. You'll still need to click the link contained within your bill to pay online each time, but this is also a good time to take advantage of the Online Saver Pack to receive the best possible discount at that time.
Does Powershop support solar energy?
Powershop supports solar energy in New South Wales, Victoria and South East Queensland, and the company's feed-in tariffs for customers with solar panels are higher than the government's regulated minimum to reward customers for switching to solar. Solar customers have access to the same discount opportunities as regular electricity customers.
Through the Your Community Energy initiative, Powershop customers have collectively raised over $280,000 in support of clean energy development in Australia. Powershop's optional 'Your Community Energy' Powerpack includes a small premium of 6.6c/kWh (incl. GST), which is pooled and distributed across a range of community energy projects throughout the country.
Likewise, the Your Neighbourhood Solar initiative promotes the switch to solar energy through a peer-to-peer power trading PowerPack. This PowerPack entitles selective Powershop solar customers (those with a smart meter and standard feed-in tariff in their distribution area) to a 4.4c/kWh (incl. GST determined at time of purchase) premium, which is pooled and distributed to your selective 'neighbours' in your distribution area.
What are the features and benefits of Powershop's products?
- Environmentally friendly. Powershop was ranked Australia's greenest power company by Greenpeace for two years running (2014 and 2015). They provide the option of purchasing as little or as much green power as you'd like, and offset the carbon emissions associated with your electricity usage at no extra cost to you. Unlike some energy retailers, you don't need to commit to purchasing a certain proportion of green power or lock in a commitment period.
- No lock-in contracts. There are no exit fees and customers can switch at any time.
- Track your usage. You can easily monitor your daily electricity usage by logging into your Powershop account online or via the mobile app. Use the Insights graph to monitor the monthly dollar cost of your power, add notes with the Activity Tracker to account for any spikes in usage and gain a better overview of how you're using your power.
- Help making the switch. If your current energy supplier charges an early termination fee to end your contract, Powershop will cover up to $75 for you.
- No transaction fees. Powershop charges no fees on credit card transactions, including AMEX.
- Concessions. Customers with a Pensioner Card, Health Care Card, or a Veterans Affairs Gold Card are eligible for concessions.
- Referral Credit. For every friend you refer to Powershop, once they switch, you both receive a $75 power credit landing in both your Powershop accounts.