Powershop offers a 100% carbon offset on your electricity/gas bills at no extra charge.
With a focus on green energy, Powershop offsets the carbon for all electricity provided to its customers. It is the only electricity retailer in Australia to be government certified as 100% carbon neutral for both gas and electricity. Its unique range of Powerpacks also allows for more flexible management of your bills as well as the potential to take advantage of better discounts on your electricity and gas.
What utilities does Powershop offer?
- Gas (VIC residents only)
Who can sign up with Powershop?
- NSW, Victoria and South East Queensland residents
Compare Powershop's range of plans and apply securely
Does Powershop support solar energy?
Powershop supports solar energy in New South Wales, Victoria and South East Queensland, and the company's feed-in tariffs for customers with solar panels are higher than the government's regulated minimum to reward customers for switching to solar. Solar customers have access to the same discount opportunities as regular electricity customers.
If you're looking to make the switch to solar, check out our guide to solar energy.
What are the features and benefits of Powershop's products?
- Environmentally friendly. Powershop was ranked Australia's greenest power company by Greenpeace for two years running (2014 and 2015). They provide the option of purchasing as little or as much green power as you'd like, and offset the carbon emissions associated with your electricity usage at no extra cost to you. Unlike some energy retailers, you don't need to commit to purchasing a certain proportion of green power or lock in a commitment period.
- No lock-in contracts. There are no exit fees and customers can switch at any time.
- Track your usage. You can easily monitor your daily electricity usage by logging into your Powershop account online or via the mobile app. Use the Insights graph to monitor the monthly dollar cost of your power, add notes with the Activity Tracker to account for any spikes in usage and gain a better overview of how you're using your power.
- Help making the switch. If your current energy supplier charges an early termination fee to end your contract, Powershop will cover up to $75 for you.
- No transaction fees. Powershop charges no fees on credit card transactions, including AMEX.
- Concessions. Customers with a Pensioner Card, Health Care Card, or a Veterans Affairs Gold Card are eligible for concessions.
- Referral Credit. For every friend you refer to Powershop, once they switch, you both receive a $75 power credit landing in both your Powershop accounts.