Powershop offers a 100% carbon offset on your electricity bill at no extra charge.
With a focus on green energy, Powershop offsets the carbon for all electricity provided to its customers. It is the only electricity retailer in Australia to be government certified as 100% carbon neutral. Its power packs allow you to pay for power in advance, which offers more flexible management of your bills and the potential to take advantage of lower rates.
- What utilities does Powershop offer?
- Who can sign up with Powershop?
- NSW, Victoria and South East Queensland residents
What products does Powershop offer?
Powershop sells electricity in packs. This allows customers to purchase their power flexibly. Rather than getting billed for your power consumption you can control your spending by buying packs in advance. You can buy top-up packs if you need a little extra during hot and cold months.
Here are some of Powershop's most packs:
- Online Saver Pack. A discounted pack offering the best discount available on the day of purchase. You must purchase this pack online.
- Future Pack. This option lets you lock in a discount by purchasing power in advance. This is a good way of limiting your power bills during the hottest months.
- GreenPower Pack. Purchasing this power pack lets you support accredited green energy businesses. This helps renewable energy generators compete with fossil fuels.
- Special Pack. Occasional, discounted specials that allow customers to get better deals on their electricity.
Can Powershop charge me monthly for my power consumption like other providers?
Yes. If you don't want to monitor your consumption and purchase packs, Powershop will send you a monthly email charging you for the amount of power you used.
Does Powershop offer solar energy?
Powershop offers solar energy plans, and the company's feed-in tariffs for customers with solar panels are higher than the government's regulated minimum. Thisa rewards customers for switching to solar. Powershop's app lets you monitor your solar usage and learn more about accessing rebates and discounts.
Powershop has put money into supporting clean energy development in Australia. In February 2017 the company raised over $100,000 for environmental groups through its Your Community Energy initiative. The funds were used on small-scale local energy projects.
What are the features and benefits of Powershop's products?
- Environmentally friendly. Powershop provides you with the option of 100% GreenPower and offsets the carbon emissions associated with your electricity usage, at no extra cost to you.
- No lock-in contracts. There are no exit fees and customers can switch at any time.
- Online usage tools. You can monitor your energy usage and pay your account online or through the Powershop app.
- Concessions. Customers with a Pensioner Card, Health Care Card, or a Veterans Affairs Gold Card are eligible for concessions.