Renewables are what fires Powershop's energy supply, with 100% carbon offset on both gas and electricity included in the price.
Is Powershop right for me?
- What does Powershop offer? Powershop provides electricity plans in NSW, VIC, SA and south-east QLD, plus gas plans in VIC, with a focus on providing 100% carbon-neutral energy.
- Product highlights: Track your usage through Powershop's iOS or Android app, and pre-purchase your energy at a discount through a Powerpack rather than a running bill.
- Watch out for: Powershop's Powerpacks require a more active engagement with your energy supply to get the best deal, so it's not ideal for anyone likely to set and forget.
See Powershop's full range of plans on its site and apply securely
Powershop electricity and gas
Powershop offers electricity in New South Wales, Victoria, south-east Queensland and South Australia, while gas is currently exclusive to Victorian customers.
100% of your electricity and gas consumption is carbon offset by Powershop for no additional cost. This is in addition to offering other renewable options, like solar feed-in tariffs and GreenPower.
Powershop has a somewhat unique approach to energy pricing, offering electricity as a Powerpack, which you generally pre-purchase before consuming it.
These packs vary in terms of the rates and amounts you buy at any given point, with regular specials advertised through the Powershop app.
If you prefer to set and forget, Powershop also offers Powershop Lite, a set-and-forget service more in line with traditional energy retailers with a monthly bill paid by direct debit.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does Powershop offer solar power?
As a green energy provider, Powershop offers feed-in solar tariffs across all the regions it retails electricity.
While Powershop won't install solar panels for customers, it does have its own solar advisory service, called Better Solar.
You don't actually have to be a Powershop customer to take advantage of the Better Solar program – you just need to be a resident looking to install solar panels in NSW, VIC, south-east QLD or SA,
Once you fill in the interest form, Powershop will get one of its installers to offer a comprehensive solar proposal as well as an estimate of any potential savings you could make from installing a solar system.
Does Powershop offer GreenPower?
Not only does Powershop automatically carbon offset all its customers' energy usage for no additional cost, it also supports the government's GreenPower initiative.
Because Powershop sells energy through Powerpacks, GreenPower is incredibly versatile, allowing you to pre-purchase as much GreenPower energy as you want.
Instead of choosing the percentage of GreenPower you want to purchase, you simply buy as much of the relevant GreenPower Powerpack you wish to spend in advance.
Powerpacks are subject to change, but the current offerings include the following:
- Power Saver Pack. This is a discounted pack offering the best discount available on the day of purchase.
- Monthly Specials. Once or twice a month, Powershop will promote a discounted offer with a limited time frame and a limited amount of energy available.
- GreenPower Saver Pack. This pack is just like the Power Saver Pack, with a usage surcharge for adding 100% GreenPower.
- Mega Pack. This pack allows you can buy in bulk upfront and save on your energy costs. With the Mega Pack, you pre-purchase three months of energy, so you can save.
- YCE Pack. The Your Community Energy Powerpack lets you support small-scale renewable energy in Australia, with a small premium used to fund community renewable energy projects around Australia.
- Future Pack. This option lets you lock in a discount by purchasing power in advance. This is a good way of limiting your power bills during the warmer months.
- Super Future Pack. This Powerpack helps you save more by offering you the biggest discount available. The further out you buy a Future Pack, the bigger the discount.
- Auto Pay Pack. This is the Powerpack your account will default to if you haven't purchased any discounted packs.
- Green Auto Pay Pack. This provides Auto Pay with GreenPower thrown in for an additional rate.
- Gas Saver Pack. For Victorian gas customers, the Gas Saver pack offers discounted rates for gas usage.
- Gas Mega Pack. People in Victoria can buy two months' worth of gas upfront in bulk and save.
- Gas Auto Pay Pack. This is the default rate for gas usage for Victorian gas customers.
If you don't like the idea of managing your energy through Powerpacks, Powershop Lite is a viable alternative, offering the standard simplicity of monthly energy bills paid automatically by direct debit, plus Powershop's standard 100% carbon offset offering and the Powershop app to track your usage and account.
What Powershop Lite doesn't offer is access to the online store for the additional savings available through the Powerpack approach.
How can I pay my Powershop bills?
Why consider Powershop?
- Award winning. Powershop's commitment to renewables has won it awards, with Greenpeace ranking Powershop as Australia's greenest power company in 2014, 2015 and 2018.
- Green power. Powershop offers 100% carbon offsets for no additional cost, plus flexible GreenPower options and solar feed-in tariffs.
- Track usage. Powershop's app for iOS and Android lets you track your usage and gives you insights into your solar generation if available.
- Refer a friend bonus. Get a neighbour or friend to sign up with Powershop and get a $75 credit on your account, applied as a $25 discount every month for 3 months.
- Curb your power program. Victorians can take advantage of the Curb your power program, which offers a $10 credit on your account if you can reduce your usage to a specified curb target during a peak demand event.
- Community energy support. Powershop has raised about $420,000 for community renewable energy initiatives to date, and by signing up you can help that figure grow.
How do I contact Powershop for support?
|Residential||1800 462 668|
|Business||1800 728 197|