Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Lumo Energy: Electricity and gas plans
Lumo Energy provides electricity and gas to VIC and SA residents.
Is Lumo Energy right for me?
- What does Lumo Energy offer? Electricity and gas services in VIC and SA.
- Product highlights: The Lumo Ameego shopping program allows eligible customers to get discounts on groceries, movie tickets, homewares and more.
- Watch out for: Lumo Energy isn't GreenPower certified and doesn't offer energy from renewable sources.
Compare plans by speaking to a consultant
Electricity Wizard can help you find the right electricity or gas plan from an Australian retailer.
- Get a quote based on your usage
- Over 1 million Australians helped
- No paper work and no added costs
Lumo Energy electricity and gas
Lumo Energy electricity services are available to VIC and SA residents. Gas services are also available to VIC and SA residents.
Lumo Energy used to offer plans in QLD and NSW until 2014 when the company was bought by Snowy Hydro, an energy retailer that also owns Red Energy. Customers in NSW and QLD can still sign up for energy with Snowy Hydro, but plans in those states are now under Red Energy. Between Lumo Energy and Red Energy, Snowy Hydro provides energy to over one million homes and businesses around Australia.
Lumo Energy offers a range of electricity and gas packages for both residential and business customers. Each plan has different rates and perks, and some offers are only available in certain areas. Be sure to check the specific plans available in your postcode for more information.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
Lumo Energy doesn't offer solar panel installations. However, if you have a pre-installed solar system, Lumo Energy does offer feed-in tariffs for excess energy produced.
Can I get GreenPower?
Lumo Energy isn't GreenPower certified. If renewable energy is a priority for you, consider another energy provider in your area.
Lumo Ameego rewards program
Customers who sign up to eligible plans can enrol in the Lumo Ameego shopping rewards program and receive discounts and special offers. Depending on your energy plan, you may be able to get discounts on groceries, movie tickets, petrol and appliances through partners, including Priceline, Coles, Caltex, David Jones, Myer and other major Australian brands.
To receive Lumo Ameego rewards, sign up for an account via MyAccount and view offers online through any computer or smart device or via the Lumo Ameego app. Rewards include the following categories:
- Discounted gift cards for a range of stores
- Coupon code for selected retailers
- Vouchers for discounted in-store purchases
To find out which rewards are currently available, log in via MyAccount and click on the Lumo Ameego portal.
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your Lumo Energy bills using the following methods:
Why consider Lumo Energy?
- Shopping rewards program. Customers who sign up for eligible Lumo Energy plans can get discounts on purchases at selected retailers with the Lumo Ameego shopping rewards program.
- Payment assistance. If you are having trouble paying your bill, Lumo Energy offers extensions and payment plans to eligible customers. Contact Lumo Energy directly to find out if you qualify for payment assistance.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your bill with direct debit, BPAY, credit card or Centrepay. You can also pay over the phone, via mail or in person at any post office.
- No-lock-in contracts. You can switch energy providers at any time, with no exit fees.
- Gas and electricity. If you live in VIC or SA, you can get both electricity and gas in one simple package.
Read more on this topic
Is buy now pay later a good option for solar? Buy now, pay later seems like a great way to get an expensive solar system now and pay it off when you're reaping the benefits, but there is a catch.
Victorian electricity prices set to increase in the new year The Victorian Default Offer (VDO) is set to increase in 2020. How can learning about reference price, market offer and standing offer help?
OVO Energy Review OVO is one of the biggest electricity retailers in the UK. Find out what they have to offer in Australia.
Australia reaches "50%" in renewable energy use for the first time ever. But what does this mean? For 10 minutes, 50% of Australia's main electricity grid was powered by renewable energy, indicating an upward trend in green energy use.
Open Energy in Australia Energy is changing in Australia. Find out what open energy is and how it affects you.
The temperature trap: Air conditioning hacks Aussies are using to keep costs low With temperatures and energy costs rising, here are a couple of tech-savvy ways to save on aircon costs this summer.
The reference price: What is it and how does it affect you? We’ll explain what the new reference price, or Default Market Offer, is and how it affects residents in NSW, SA and QLD.
Kogan Energy: Electricity and gas plans Kogan Energy offers electricity to residents in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia as well as gas to customers in Victoria.
Discover Energy: Electricity plans Get electricity and solar services with Discover Energy in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
Rimfire Energy: Electricity plans Find out what Rimfire Energy offers in your area and how you can pay your electricity bill.
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert