Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Jacana Energy: Electricity plans
Government-owned Jacana Energy is the largest electricity provider in the Northern Territory, supplying electricity to over 80,000 residents.
Is Jacana Energy right for me?
- What does Jacana Energy offer? Electricity in the Northern Territory.
- Product highlights: Jacana offers solar plans and a wide range of payment options.
- Watch out for: Jacana doesn't offer solar panel installation and isn't GreenPower certified.
Jacana Energy electricity
Jacana Energy is a government-owned energy company with more than 80,000 customers across the Northern Territory. The retailer offers electricity plans for residences, small businesses and commercial organisations in urban, rural and remote sections of the Territory.
Jacana was created as part of the 2014 structural separation of the Power and Water Corporation into two separate companies. The Power and Water Corporation is still the electricity distributor for most of the Northern Territory and is responsible for maintaining electricity poles and wires. Jacana, on the other hand, operates purely as a retailer to work directly with customers.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
Jacana offers solar power plans with solar feed-in tariffs to both residential and commercial customers. However, the retailer doesn't install solar systems, so you'll need to arrange installation or move into a home with a PV system before signing up for a solar plan.
Can I get GreenPower?
No, Jacana Energy isn't GreenPower certified.
How can I pay my bills?
You can choose from the following methods to pay your electricity bills:
Why consider Jacana Energy?
- Flexible billing options. You can pay your bill with direct debit, BPAY, credit card, cheque or in person at any post office or Power and Water customer service centre.
- Local support. Jacana hires local staff to support the community and is run by long-term Territorians.
- Hardship options. If you're having a hard time paying your energy bill, call customer service at 1800 522 262 to arrange a more flexible payment option that works for you.
- Electronic billing. If you're interested in minimising your impact on the environment, you can opt for eBilling to reduce your paper trail.
Read more on this topic
How much does it cost to run your heater in winter (2020)? Heating is a huge energy cost in winter. Compare heating methods to see what your best options are.
What is the average (MJ) cost of gas in Australia? Find out if your gas rates are more or less than the average in your state.
How much does a swimming pool cost to run? Have a pool or planning to get one? Find out what parts are costing you the most money and how you can save with a few simple changes.
New protections may help Australians concerned with rising energy bills Australians are feeling the bill crunch more than ever, but will a decrease in wholesale power prices help?
What is the average (kWh) cost of electricity in Australia? The amount you pay per unit of power depends on many factors. Find out how much you should be paying and how you can save.
The 5 most expensive appliances to run in your home Using energy-efficient appliances could save you hundreds each year. These five appliances are costing you the most.
AGL vs Energy Australia AGL or Energy Australia: Who offers better rates in your state?
Energy Australia vs Origin Energy Australia vs Origin: Find out who will save you more money.
Is buy now pay later a good option for solar? Buy now, pay later seems like a great way to get an expensive solar system now and pay it off when you're reaping the benefits, but there is a catch.
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.