We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Is Jacana Energy right for me?
- What does Jacana Energy offer? Electricity in the Northern Territory.
- Product highlights: Jacana offers solar plans and a wide range of payment options.
- Watch out for: Jacana doesn't offer solar panel installation and isn't GreenPower certified.
Jacana Energy electricity
Jacana Energy is a government-owned energy company with more than 80,000 customers across the Northern Territory. The retailer offers electricity plans for residences, small businesses and commercial organisations in urban, rural and remote sections of the Territory.
Jacana was created as part of the 2014 structural separation of the Power and Water Corporation into two separate companies. The Power and Water Corporation is still the electricity distributor for most of the Northern Territory and is responsible for maintaining electricity poles and wires. Jacana, on the other hand, operates purely as a retailer to work directly with customers.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
Jacana offers solar power plans with solar feed-in tariffs to both residential and commercial customers. However, the retailer doesn't install solar systems, so you'll need to arrange installation or move into a home with a PV system before signing up for a solar plan.
Can I get GreenPower?
No, Jacana Energy isn't GreenPower certified.
How can I pay my bills?
You can choose from the following methods to pay your electricity bills:
Why consider Jacana Energy?
- Flexible billing options. You can pay your bill with direct debit, BPAY, credit card, cheque or in person at any post office or Power and Water customer service centre.
- Local support. Jacana hires local staff to support the community and is run by long-term Territorians.
- Hardship options. If you're having a hard time paying your energy bill, call customer service at 1800 522 262 to arrange a more flexible payment option that works for you.
- Electronic billing. If you're interested in minimising your impact on the environment, you can opt for eBilling to reduce your paper trail.
More guides on Finder
Best split system air conditioners in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of split system air conditioners to determine the best available in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Best PC speakers in Australia 2020
Does your laptop or desktop PC need more sound? We've found the 7 best PC speakers in Australia for a variety of budgets and purposes.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 3: How to get the most out of a credit card
How to cut debt and make your credit card work for you.
Best 2-in-1 laptops in Australia
Our expert team spent hundreds of hours testing laptops to find the six best 2-in-1 laptops you can buy.
Best GPS navigation systems in Australia 2020
These are the best GPS Navigation Systems in Australia for 2020, as determined by thousands of real customer reviews.
Time of Use vs Single Rate Tariff
Can you save money by using energy at certain times of the day on a time of use plan?
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 1: Tracking your spending
Start our FREE 4-week plan to supercharge your finances.
Want to make sure CatholicMatch is right for you? Find out everything there is to know right here.
Best mattress toppers in Australia
We’ll help you get a better night's sleep with one of Australia’s best mattress toppers.
NBN plans for seniors
Whether you're looking for the cheapest plan or discounts available, we'll help you find the best NBN plans for seniors.
Lower your household bills
Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.