- You can pay for your premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually depending on your needs. Woolworths Life Insurance offers a funeral benefit of $15,000 and maximum cover of up to $1,500,000. Keep in mind that some other brands do go quite a bit higher for these two benefits.
Woolworths Life Insurance
Woolworths Rewards members will appreciate a 10% premium discount on Woolworths Life Insurance. And you might find one or two other perks with this no-frills cover.
Woolworths life insurance: Our verdict
Read a more detailed review of Woolworths life insurance
Life Insurance benefits
Key points of Woolies Life Insurance
Woolworths Life Insurance has been designed to be a cost-effective, flexible and easy to understand alternative to other insurance products, making it simple to protect what's important to you. Woolworths rewards its customers through a range of excellent benefits and features including:
- Long term protection: Woolworths does not intend to come and go in the finance market, and as the Woolworths Head of Insurance, George Hughes has said, 'We intend to have a long-term presence in the insurance sector.' This means you can take out your insurance policy now, and know that Woolworths will be there for you or your family when you make a claim.
- Easy to understand insurance: According to the market research conducted by Woolworths in launching their new products, the company found that many Australians find insurance difficult to understand, and 95% of Australian families don't have enough life cover. That is why the Woolworths Insurance products are designed to be easy to access for everyday Australians.
- Your choice of cover amount: In the event that you were to pass away or suffer a terminal illness, the last thing you would want is for your family to have inadequate financial support. With Woolworths life insurance, you can apply for a benefit amount between $100,000 and $1,500,000 in increments of $50,000.
Maximum level of cover based on age:
Ages 18-45: $1,000,000
Ages 46-55: $750,000
Ages 56-60: $500,000
Ages 61-65: $500,000
- Easy application: You can apply for Woolworths life insurance over the phone in just a few minutes. You don't need to take blood tests or medical tests, or even worry about filling out any forms.
- Flexibility to choose your premium frequency: You can choose to pay your premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually, depending on your family budget and cash flow cycle.
- Guaranteed renewable cover: Once your policy with Woolworths is approved, your policy is guaranteed to be renewed each year, as long as you pay your premiums on time. This means that even as your lifestyle, health, occupation and other risk factors change, you can rest assured that your Woolworths life insurance will be there for you.
Key points of Woolworths' optional cover
When you take out a Life insurance policy, you also have the option to add on the following:
- Total and Permanent Disability: You also have the option of Total and Permanent Disability cover benefit. Woolworths will pay the insured TPD benefit amount in the event that you suffer total and permanent disablement as defined in the Product Disclosure Statement.
Maximum level of TPD cover based on age
- Ages 18-45: $1,000,000
- Ages 46-55: $750,000
- Ages 56-60: $250,000
- Domestic duties TPD benefit: $500,000
Applying for cover
Applying for cover
- Woolworths Life Insurance is available to Australian residents aged between 18 and 65.
In order to qualify for Total and Permanent Disability Insurance, you must:
- Be an Australian resident aged between and
- Working on a regular basis in an eligible occupation for at least hours per week
- Alternatively, you must be aged 18-55 and engaged in Domestic Duties full-time.
You will also need to meet the health and lifestyle requirements in the application process to start receiving cover.
Still wondering if Woolworths Life Insurance is right for you? Here are the main pros and cons summarised:
- Flexible payment options may be available
- 10% discount available for Woolworths Rewards members
- No medical test required.
- Lower sums insured available as you get older
- Premiums will generally increase each year
Are you a Woolworths Rewards member? Take out a life insurance policy, save up to 10% on cover.
There are many good reasons to take out Woolworths Life Insurance, the main one being that if you're a Woolworths Rewards member, you're entitled to a 10% discount on your premium.
What are the membership benefits of Woolworths Rewards?
The benefits of being a Woolworths Rewards member don't end with taking out an insurance plan. Members also enjoy the following:
- One point for every dollar spent instore and online at Woolworths supermarkets, or at BWS and Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets. This excludes outlets in Tasmania, as well as Star Mart and Star Shop.
- Exclusive member-only offers instore, online and via email.
- A discount of 4 cents per litre at Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets when you spend $30 or more at a Woolworths supermarket.
- The option to convert your savings to Qantas Points in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Each 2000 Woolworths Points = 1000 Qantas Points.
What other insurance discounts does Woolworths offer?
As well as the 10% discount on life insurance if you a Rewards member, you can enjoy discounts on a variety of other types of Woolworths insurance as well, including the following:
- Car Insurance. Woolworths will beat any quote on comparable comprehensive car insurance if you are over 25 years of age. Save up to 15% online.
- Home & Contents Insurance. Save up to 20% if you purchase your policy online.
- Pet Insurance. Woolworths will better any quote you find on comparable pet insurance.
Compare direct life insurance policies below
Why compare life insurance with Finder?
You pay the same price as buying directly from the life insurer.
We're not owned by an insurer (unlike other comparison sites).
We've done 100+ hours of policy research to help you understand what you're comparing.
Why you can trust Finder's life insurance experts
You pay the same as buying directly from the life insurer. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site – plus, our tables make it easy to compare policies.
Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. That means our opinions are our own and we work with lots of life insurance brands, making it easier for you to find a good deal.
Since 2016, we've helped 270,000+ people find life insurance by explaining your cover options, simply and clearly. We'll never ask for your number or email. We're here to help you make a decision.
We're here to help
Questions you still might have about Woolworths life insurance
These are just some of the questions that you may have regarding the Woolworths Life Insurance policy. Don't hesitate to speak with a representative from Woolworths prior to applying for cover to ensure you are aware of all the terms and conditions of the policy.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.