AAMI Life Insurance Review
Compare policies on offer from AAMI Life.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Life insurance is an important financial decision, one made with your family's needs and future plans in mind. Choosing the right insurer is a big decision because you need someone you can trust, someone you can rely on and someone who understands your needs and takes the time to tailor its products to your needs.
Compare life insurance options from AAMI
|Maximum covered amount||$1,500,000|
|Age of entry||18|
|How do I apply?||Through AAMI Life website or via phone call|
This cover might be suitable if:
- You don't want a medical assessment
- You don't want to go through an advisor
- You want a policy with a well known brand
Don't get this cover if:
- You want your premiums that stay the same for life.
AAMI Life Insurance Policy Features
You can apply for any of the AAMI life insurance policies without the need for a blood or medical test. Your application is assessed based on your health, age and occupation, which determines your level of risk and how much you pay for your premiums. When you apply for life insurance with AAMI Life, you're entitled to the following features:
- Death benefit up to $1,500,000. The death benefit of an AAMI Life insurance policy pays your family a benefit amount if you die.
- Terminal illness benefit up to $1,500,000. If you are diagnosed with a terminal illness, your beneficiary can make a claim with AAMI Life and receive a lump sum benefit amount to help you finalise your financial affairs and estate.
- Advanced Payout benefit. When an AAMI Life Insurance claim is approved an advanced payout of up to $10,000 can be made available with the balance of the benefit amount payable once AAMI Life has received all of the claims requirements and documentation. The advance payout can help your family with any immediate costs, such as expense of legal fees.
- Lifestyle increase benefit. As you move through life, your commitments and obligations change depending which life stage you are in. These life stages range from getting married to having a child, from buying a new home to paying for your children's education. Your AAMI life insurance can take this journey with you. If you are under the age of 60, AAMI Life allows you to increase your benefit amount by $100,000 or 20% of the AAMI Comprehensive Life Cover benefit amount each year following a significant life event and without requiring any new medical information.
- Automatic indexation of your benefit amount. AAMI Life automatically increases your benefit amount by the CPI or 5%, whichever is greater. This keeps your benefit amount relevant to current costs at the time of the payout.
AAMI Income Protection Insurance
AAMI's income protection insurance product pays a benefit of up to $10,000 per month to help you maintain your household cash-flow if you are unable to work because of illness or injury. You can choose a benefit period up to 5 years. You don't have to have any medical tests, and you can pay your premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually.
Features of AAMI Income Protection Insurance
- Benefit of up to $10,000. In the event that you are forced to take time out of work as a result of injury or illness, AAMI Life will provide up to 75% of your income to a maximum of $10,000 a month.
- Choice of four benefit period options. AAMI Life offers applicants either a 6, 12, 24 or 5 year benefit period, giving you the peace of mind that, in the event of a serious illness or injury, you will receive your monthly benefit for up to two years. One year benefit periods can also bring significant premium discounts.
- Waiver of premiums during waiting period. Benefit payments will commence after just 30 days and AAMI Life will waive your premium payments during this period.
- Limited medical underwriting. In comparison to many other insurance policies, AAMI Life does not require applicants to undertake any medical or blood tests to purchase cover.
- Cooling-off period. All AAMI Life policies offer a 30-day cooling-off period, giving you the opportunity to cancel your policy and receive a full premium refund if you are not satisfied with the cover provided, as long as you haven't made a claim.
- Guaranteed cover to 65. AAMI Income protection is guaranteed to remain in force until your 65th birthday, regardless of whether or not your health deteriorates, as long as you continue to pay your premiums when due.
- Benefit indexation. Your AAMI income protection policy increases automatically each year to ensure it remains in line with inflation.
Who is eligible for AAMI Life Insurance?
You will need to satisfy the following criteria to be eligible for AAMI Life Insurance:
- You must be between 18 and 65 years of age (inclusive)
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and residing in Australia at the time of application
- You must receive the PDS in Australia
Provided all the policy conditions continue to be met and you continue to pay your premiums when due, your cover is guaranteed until your 99th birthday. The maximum amount of cover you can take out with AAMI Life Insurance is $1.5 million.
How do I make a claim for AAMI Life Insurance?
To make a claim under an AAMI Life Insurance policy:
- Your nominated beneficiary or your legal representative will need to contact AAMI Life as soon as possible after the event that causes the claim.
- AAMI Life will then send out a claims pack detailing what information and documentation your beneficiary will need to provide in order for the claim to be processed.
- A completed claim form and a death certificate for the claim to be processed, while in some cases a report from your medical practitioner may also be required.
- If any requested information isn't provided within a suitable time frame, a claim could be reduced or refused altogether.
Interested in applying for Life Insurance from AAMI Life?
With AAMI life insurance providing cover to you and your family, you can feel free to get on with your life knowing that you're covered, should something happen to you. You can receive a preliminary quote and purchase cover entirely online through their user friendly online application portal.
About the insurer
AAMI Life Insurance products are provided by TAL Life Limited, which is part of the TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited group of companies (TAL). TAL companies are not part of the Suncorp Group, and use the AAMI brand under license. TAL is one of Australia's leading life insurers with over 150 years experience. Information is current as of 27 November,2020 and may be subject to change from time to time without notice.
Some questions you might have about your AAMI Life Insurance
More guides on Finder
Best moisturiser for dry skin in Australia
From the best overall face moisturiser for dry skin to the best body moisturiser, hand moisturiser and tinted moisturiser for dry skin, these are the best 7 moisturisers for dry skin you can buy in Australia right now.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
How to start a remote IT business
Here’s how to go about starting a remote IT business to offer installation, servicing and maintenance support to both businesses and households.
Oppo Reno4 5G review
Oppo’s latest affordable 5G handset provides an impressive combination of performance, battery life and camera features.
How to buy shares for children
Here is the essential info you need to know about investing in the stock market for your children.
Life insurance for stroke patients
How to get life insurance if you’ve had a stroke.
Life insurance if you have a pacemaker
Can you get life insurance if you have a pacemaker? We explain how it works.
Life insurance for women
How to get life insurance for women.
Standalone vs bundled life insurance
Find out about standalone and bundled life insurance.
Ask an Expert