Bendigo Bank Life Insurance Review
Bendigo Bank life insurance offers plenty of choice along with market-competitive funeral cover of up to $15,000.
- Many will appreciate the chance to get cover with a community-focused Aussie brand.
- This provider offers flexibility thanks to a heap of policy add-ons such as trauma cover, and TPD insurance.
- Bendigo Bank’s maximum cover limit of $1,000,000 isn’t bad however we found 12 brands who offer more. These include NobleOak. Medibank and Qantas.
Review by our life insurance senior writer James Martin
Maximum Entry Age
Terminal Illness Benefit
Read a more detailed review on:
Key points of Bendigo Bank life insurance
- It pays a lump sum benefit up to $1,000,000 will be paid to your chosen beneficiaries in the event of your death.
- $15,000 advance payment in the event of your death to assist your family with immediate expenses such as funeral costs.
- Access to health and wellbeing program AIA Vitality plus get a 10% policy discount if you maintain a Vitality status of Silver or higher.
- Worldwide cover whilst temporarily travelling abroad.
- Optional Trauma and Total and Permanent Disability cover.
Bendigo Bank also offers MaxLife Income Protect which can cover up to 70% of your current income (up to $10,00 per month) as a monthly benefit if you are unable to work as the result of an accident. Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
Applying for Bendigo Bank cover
You must be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen.
- Living permanently in Australia at the time of application.
- Aged 18-65 at the time of application. For Trauma, TPD or Income Protection cover, the maximum entry age is 59.
- If you choose TPD cover or the Income Protection product: You must also be employed and working at least 20 hours per week (excludes heavy, manual occupations).
Bendigo Bank life insurance pros and cons
Still wondering if Bendigo Bank is right for you? Here are the main pros and cons summarised:
- It gives you access to AIA Vitality.
- It's a trusted brand.
- It's good if you don't need more than $1 million in cover
- It's possible to get a higher life insurance benefit elsewhere.
- You might not be interested in AIA Vitality.
How do I make a Bendigo Bank life insurance claim?
To make an Bendigo Bank life insurance claim, you'll you can call them on 1800 104 338, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail: Claims Team, Bendigo Life Customer Service
PO Box 6143, Melbourne VIC 3004.
Bendigo Bank life insurance key exclusions
Aside from the eligibility requirements listed above, Bendigo will not provide you cover for the following:
- Life cover: In the event of suicide within the first 13 months of your policy commencing or reinstated or insured amount increased.
- TPD and trauma cover: Any deliberately self-inflicted injury or sickness.
- You do not have the financial capacity to pay your premiums when due. This will result in your cover ending and you cannot make a claim.
Be sure to check with current Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) on the provider's site for the full list of inclusions and exclusions.
Compare other direct life insurance policies below
Why compare life insurance with Finder?
You pay the same price as buying directly from the life insurer.
We're not owned by an insurer (unlike other comparison sites).
We've done 100+ hours of policy research to help you understand what you're comparing.