ahm life insurance is one of Australia's most popular private health insurance providers. With over 40 years of experience serving over 700,000 people in Australia, ahm offers a range of products to help you get the right insurance for you and your family.
As part of Medibank, you can rest assured that your insurance policy is reputable and in great hands. By being a part of this extensive insurance network, ahm is able to offer top-notch insurance at fair prices as well as provide excellent customer service.
Compare life insurance options from ahm
|Maximum sum insured||Up to $1.5 million, depending on your age and income|
|Age of entry||16 to 65|
|How do I apply?||Online with AHM|
Note: Conditions apply, always consult the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
This cover might be suitable if:
- You want the flexibility to increase your cover in the future if you need to (e.g. after having kids), without another health / lifestyle questionnaire.
- If you are already an ahm Health Insurance, this policy can give you an opportunity to save.
Apply carefully if:
- You have pre-existing medical conditions. You may be offered Life Insurance Express which may not cover you if it's a result of your pre-existing medical condition.
Don't get this cover if:
- You want 'level premiums' that don't increase based on your age.
- You are over 65 years of age
Based on the ahm life insurance policy. Information last checked on April 2019. Always consult the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
How can this page help me?
How does ahm Life Insurance work?
When you choose ahm for your life insurance policy, you will get to pick the option that is best for your needs. You will be able to choose from the following options:
- ahm Life Insurance Express. This option is best for people who want to get a policy quickly and aren't too particular about how the policy is built.
- ahm Life Insurance. This life insurance option provides greater coverage limits, and you can tailor it to your specific needs.
What are the benefits?
Having an ahm life insurance policy will protect you from a variety of circumstances that are out of your control. ahm life insurance will cover you in the event of death, terminal illness or accidental injury, assuming the plan was active at the time of the incident.
What about future increases?
It is no secret that life gets more expensive as time goes on due to inflation. Your ahm life insurance policy coverage will increase 5% each year to make sure you and your family are taken care of in the event of an incident. While your premium will also increase by this percentage, the automatic increases will continue even if you are at the maximum benefit of your policy.
When will a policy be paid?
In general, a policy will only be paid if the incident is completely out of the control of the policyholder. In the event of a death or diagnosis of a terminal illness, a policy will not be paid if it occurs less than 13 months after the policy issue date, increase date or reactivation date.
Accidental injury claims will not be paid if the event is the result of intentional self-inflicted injury.
For trauma coverage, the benefit will not be paid if the incident is within 90 days of the policy start date, increase date or reinstatement date.
As one of Australia's most experienced life insurance companies, ahm is ready to make sure you and your family are protected!