HCF life insurance
Find cover for your family or income with HCF life insurance. Choose from seven different policy options.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
HCF Life Insurance Company is one of the leading insurance providers in Australia. HCF Australia not only offers extensive health insurance plans to its members, but also offers a comprehensive package of life insurance to suit different needs and lifestyles.
HCF was first established in 1932 and the primary aim of the company was to offer high quality health services and insurance to Australians. Over the years, HCF Australia has not only made a name for itself in the arena of private health insurance, but has also become a trustworthy brand in the life insurance market.
Compare direct life insurance brands below
What policies are available from HCF?
In addition to health insurance plans, HCF now also offers a number of different protective life insurance plans that are designed to provide cover for specific events that are easy to understand and affordable:
- HCF Cash Back Cover: Provides a cash payment of $5,000 in the event that you are involved in an accident, which requires surgery, or if you suffer from major illness such as cancer, chronic kidney failure, heart disease (that requires bypass surgery), heart attack, stroke, or requires major organ transplant.
- Bounceback Cover: Designed for under 30's pays up to $100,000 for accidents or illnesses.
- HCF Income Assist Insurance: Provides a monthly benefit of up to 75% of your average income if you are unable to work due to serious injury or illness.
- HCF Kids Accident Cover: A cash benefit of up to $100,000 will be payable if your child, under the age of 17, suffers from a serious injury or disability anywhere in Australia.
- HCF Critical Illness Cover: A benefit amount up to $50,000 will be payable if you suffer from a medical condition that is covered in the policy. There are over 40 conditions that are covered by HCF medical trauma cover.
- HCF Personal Accident Cover: Is designed specifically for people that are 55 years old and over, in which a benefit payment will be provided, of up to $10,000, if you suffer from a serious injury as a result of an accident or up to $50,000, if you die.
- Smart Term Insurance: Provides a lump sum benefit up to $500,000 in the event of your death, which is doubled if it is caused by an accident. Smart term insurance also covers you if you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and you will receive the total benefit amount insured.
Why Should You Consider Life Insurance From HCF?
There are several advantages in choosing HCF for your life insurance needs. HCF is one of the few not-for-profit organisations that offer life insurance to Australian citizens. This means the money that you pay towards your insurance premiums will get you a lot more benefits, as profit is not the main concern of HCF. You can enjoy higher quality protection at a much lower cost.
HCF understands that in the Australian market, there are often gaps between life and health insurance providers, in which coverage for certain serious illnesses may be restricted. Not only HCF insurance products are designed to fill the gaps that are seen in health insurance, but they are also designed to minimise the effect where people are left exposed in their life insurance cover. HCF life insurance plan will give you a peace of mind by providing comprehensive cover that is easy to manage into the future.
Who is eligible for HCF Life Insurance?
Applying for life insurance plans from HCF Australia is quick and easy. There are no complex medical questionnaires or examinations required and there is guaranteed acceptance, provided that you meet the eligibility criteria.
To be eligible to apply for HCF life insurance policies, you will have to be:
- Between the age of 18 to 54 (age restrictions may vary between policies, refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for more information);
- An Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
If you are looking for a comprehensive and low cost life insurance solution to cover you and your family, it is essential to consult with an insurance specialist. They can provide you with a tailored advice based on your personal circumstances and recommend you with the most suitable life insurance policies to your needs.
With so many benefits and advantages being offered, it is no wonder that HCF Life Insurance Company is fast becoming one of the most popular names in Australian insurance.
Some final questions you might have
More guides on Finder
As Australia reopens, don’t forget travel insurance
Travel insurance isn't just for overseas trips.
Life insurance for 35-year-olds
Compare life insurance policies for 35-year-olds
$1 million life insurance policies
Looking for $1 million life insurance? Compare policies here.
Can I still get life insurance if I’m overweight?
Find out if you can still get life insurance if you’re overweight, what your options are and where to get cover.
Top work perks: Aussies want more paid leave and insurance post-COVID
Finder asked 1,066 Australians about the top three perks they’d like their employer to provide in a post-COVID workplace. Flexibility, more leave and company health insurance topped the list.
1 October price hike: Aussies urged to do a health check on their insurance
Finder research shows that Australians have just under one week to beat the health insurance price increase on 1 October.
Life insurance for new parents
We talk you through life insurance options for new parents.
Income protection lump sum payout
Everything you need to know about income protection lump sum payouts.
Individual Income tax rates in Australia
Find the latest income tax rates set by the ATO
Finder Awards 2020 Best Life Insurance
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Life Insurance.
Ask an Expert