Australian Seniors Life Insurance Review
You may want to check whether $200,000 in cover limits is enough for your needs with Australian Seniors Life Insurance.
- This brand’s maximum entry age of 79 is five years above the closest competitor from 18 policies we reviewed on our site.
- Despite a low maximum cover limit of $200,000, this provider does offer accessibility thanks to benefit amounts starting from $10,000.
- Policies aren’t very flexible compared to the likes of NobleOak or Qantas. With Australian Seniors, you can’t add TPD or trauma cover to your policy.
Review by our life insurance senior writer James Martin
Maximum Entry Age
Terminal Illness Benefit
Australian Seniors has been looking after the insurance needs of older Australians since 1998. It offers a range of insurance products that have been specifically designed for the mature market, including home insurance, car insurance and travel insurance. Australian Seniors also provides Funeral Insurance.
Find out more about Australian Seniors Life Insurance
What types of life insurance are offered by Australian Seniors?
Australian Seniors offers two life insurance products to mature Australians: Final Expenses Insurance and Accident Insurance.
Am I eligible for Australian Seniors life insurance?
To apply, you must be an Australian resident between 45 and 79 years of age. During the application process, you will also need to meet the health and lifestyle criteria set by the underwriter to be approved for cover.
Compare direct life insurance policies below
Why compare life insurance with Finder?
You pay the same price as buying directly from the life insurer.
We're not owned by an insurer (unlike other comparison sites).
We've done 100+ hours of policy research to help you understand what you're comparing.
Who is Australian Seniors ?
Established in 1998, Australian Seniors aims to meet the cover needs of mature Australians. The company's principals have more than 27 years of experience in providing quality insurance products for senior citizens, with a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction. People aged over 50 face different risks and have different needs to younger Australians, so Australian Seniors offers policies designed to suit the mature population.
As well as the life insurance products detailed above, Australian Seniors offers home, car and travel insurance. Its Home & Contents Insurance is available in two forms: Essential Cover and Top Cover. If risks like theft, fire or storm interfere with your home or contents, these policies are designed to provide the cover you need.
If you're looking to insure your vehicle, Australian Seniors offers Seniors Car Insurance, which has 4 types of cover: Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft, Third Party Property Damage, and Pay as You Drive.
Finally, Australian Seniors also offers Seniors Travel Insurance to suit the needs of both domestic and international travellers.
Seniors Life Insurance general conditions
As with any insurance policy, there are a number of general conditions that apply to Seniors Life Insurance. These include::
- You can continue your policy for consecutive yearly periods by continuing to pay the premium. The terms and conditions will apply to your policy per the PDS and your schedule.
- Your policy expires at the end of the period of insurance which is when you reach age 85, a claim is paid in full or the policy is cancelled, whichever occurs first.
- Your premiums are generally not tax-deductible and any benefits you receive are typically not assessable income for tax purposes.
- You must be an Australian resident to qualify for cover.
- All payments between you and your insurer must be made in Australian currency.
When will I not be covered by Seniors Life Insurance?
You will not be covered in the event of death as a result of suicide or self-inflicted injury that occurs within 13 months of the acceptance date, reinstatement or increase of your cover. For the full list of exclusions, check the current Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) on the provider's website.
How do I make a claim with Australian Seniors life insurance?
You or your beneficiaries need to notify Australian Seniors as soon as possible after an event which may lead to a claim. You/they will have to obtain a claim form, fill it out and submit any other evidence which the insurer requests.