Suncorp Life Insurance
Compare life insurance policies on offer from Suncorp and get financial protection for you and your family in the event of death, illness or injury.
Suncorp offers a range of policies to keep you and your family financially secure in the wake of unexpected events. Whether your looking to cover outstanding debt or ongoing living expenses Suncorp offers Life, Income, Funeral cover so those that mean the most to you are not faced with any financial hardship if you pass away or suffer serious illness or injury.
Suncorp's funeral and life insurance are issued by Asteron Life & Superannuation Limited, income Protection is issued by TAL Life Limited and applying is easy and can be taken out over the phone with no blood tests or medical exams required. Keep reading to find out what is covered under each policy and whether you are eligible for cover.
Compare direct life insurance policies below
What policies are available from Suncorp?
Life Protect Insurance
- Pays a lump sum benefit of up to $1 million if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness
- The benefit can be used by your loved ones to pay off outstanding debts, cope with the loss of your income and maintain their lifestyle
- $10,000 Funeral Advancement Benefit paid quickly to help your loved ones cover funeral costs and other immediate expenses
- No medical or blood tests to undergo when you apply for cover
- Apply over the phone within minutes
- Large Sum Insured Discount available when you apply for more than $200,000 cover
- Fortnightly, monthly or annual premium payment options available
- Cover until you reach 99 years of age
- Lifestyle Increase Benefit allows you to increase your level of cover without providing further health information following important life events
- Pause premiums for up to three months while you are experiencing financial hardship
Income Protection Insurance
- Provides an ongoing benefit to replace your regular income when you are unable to work due to illness or injury
- Replaces up to 75 per cent of your pre-disability income up to a maximum of $10,000 per month
- Funds can be used to help you keep up with mortgage or rent, pay regular bills and focus on your recovery
- Cover available for hundreds of applications
- Quick and easy to apply for cover - no medical tests required
- 30-day waiting period
- Choice of benefit period: 6 months, 1, 2 or 5 years
- Up to $15,000 cover for funeral costs and other final expenses
- Total premiums paid will never exceed the benefit paid
- Easy to apply and guaranteed acceptance if aged 45 to 75
- Free premiums once you turn 85
- Access your benefit payment early if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness
- 20 per cent Family Discount when you and a family member take out a joint policy
- Approved claims usually paid within two days
- 10 per cent cash back on premiums every three years you are covered
Some questions you might have about your Suncorp Insurance
Who is eligible for Suncorp Insurance Policies?
In order to qualify for Suncorp policies, you will need to be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident residing in Australia when you apply for cover
Life Protect Eligibility
- Suncorp Life Protect Insurance is available to people aged from 18 to 60 (inclusive)
- You will also need to be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident residing in Australia when you apply for cover, and receive the PDS in Australia
- You can apply for up to $1 million cover and the policy expires when you reach 99 years of age
- To be eligible for Suncorp Income Protection Insurance you will need to be aged between 18 and 60 (inclusive)
- Be working at least 20 hours per week
- You can receive a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month and you’re covered up to 65 years of age
- To be eligible for Suncorp Funeral Insurance you must be between 45 and 75 years of age (inclusive)
- Premiums are free after your 85th birthday and you can apply for up to $15,000 cover.
How do I Make a Claim for Suncorp Insurance?
If you need to make a claim on your Suncorp Insurance policy, you’ll need to contact the insurer as soon as possible to provide notification of your claim. You will then be sent a claims pack which will detail the next steps you need to follow. In addition to filling out and returning a claims form, you will also need to provide evidence to support your claim. The evidence required will vary on the nature of your claim and may include:
- Details of the injury or illness giving rise to your claim, including a report from your medical practitioner
- Evidence of your earnings
- Details of your bills and other ongoing expenses
- Evidence of the death of the life insured
You must provide any evidence Suncorp requests as soon as possible and at your own expense. Failure to do so could lead to the refusal or rejection of your claim.
Ask an Expert