Suncorp Life Insurance
Compare life insurance policies on offer from Suncorp Life and get financial cover for you and your family in the event of death, illness or injury.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Suncorp Life offers a range of policies to help keep you and your family financially secure. Whether you're looking to cover outstanding debt or ongoing living expenses Suncorp Life offers Life, Income, Funeral cover so those that mean the most to you are not faced with any financial hardship if you pass away or suffer serious illness or injury.
Compare life insurance options from Suncorp
What policies are available from Suncorp Life?
Life Protect Plus Insurance
- Pays a lump sum benefit of up to $1.5 million if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness and up to $250,000 for Optional Illness Covers
- The benefit can be used by your loved ones to pay off outstanding debts, cope with the loss of your income and maintain their lifestyle
- Up to $10,000 Advanced Payout benefit paid quickly to help your loved ones cover immediate expenses such as legal fees
- No medical or blood tests to undergo when you apply for cover
- Apply online or over the phone within minutes
- Fortnightly, monthly or annual premium payment options available
- Cover until you reach 99 years of age provided all policy conditions continue to be met and you continue to pay your premiums when due
- Lifestyle Increase Benefit allows you to increase your level of cover without providing further health information following important life events
Income Protection Insurance
- Provides an ongoing benefit to replace your regular income when you are unable to work due to illness or injury
- Replaces up to 75 per cent of your pre-disability income up to a maximum of up to $10,000 per month
- Funds can be used to help you keep up with mortgage or rent, pay regular bills and focus on your recovery
- Cover available for hundreds of applications
- Quick and easy to apply for cover - no medical tests required
- 30-day waiting period
- Choice of benefit period: 6 months, 1, 2 or 5 years
- Up to $15,000 cover for funeral costs and other final expenses
- Total premiums paid will never exceed the benefit paid
- Easy to apply and guaranteed acceptance if aged 45 to 80
- Access your benefit payment early if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness
- Receive an additional 5% discount when you add another adult to the same Funeral Insurance policy
- Approved claims usually paid within 24 hours
Some questions you might have about your Suncorp Life Insurance
Who is eligible for Suncorp Life Insurance Policies?
In order to qualify for Suncorp Life policies, you will need to be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident residing in Australia when you apply for cover.
Life Protect Plus Eligibility
- Suncorp Life Protect Plus Insurance is available to people aged from 18 to 65 (inclusive)
- You will also need to be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident residing in Australia when you apply for cover, and receive the PDS in Australia
- You can apply for up to $1.5 million cover and up to $250,000 for Optional Illness Covers and the policy expires when you reach 99 years of age
- To be eligible for Suncorp Income Protection Insurance you will need to be aged between 18 and 60 (inclusive)
- Be working at least 20 hours per week
- You can receive a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month and you’re covered up to 65 years of age
- To be eligible for Suncorp Funeral Insurance you must be between 45 and 80 years of age (inclusive)
- Early payout benefit - cash in your benefit after your 85th birthday for 120% of your average cover amount.
How do I Make a Claim for Suncorp Life Insurance?
If you need to make a claim on your Suncorp Life Insurance policy, you’ll need to contact Suncorp Life as soon as possible to provide notification of your claim. You will then be sent a claims pack which will detail the next steps you need to follow. In addition to filling out and returning a claims form, you will also need to provide evidence to support your claim. The evidence required will vary on the nature of your claim and may include:
- Details of the injury or illness giving rise to your claim, including a report from your medical practitioner
- Evidence of your earnings
- Details of your bills and other ongoing expenses
- Evidence of the death of the life insured
You must provide any evidence Suncorp Life requests as soon as possible and at your own expense. Failure to do so could lead to the refusal or rejection of your claim.
About the insurer
Suncorp Life Insurance products are provided by TAL Life Limited, which is part of the TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited group of companies (TAL). TAL companies are not part of the Suncorp Group, and use the AAMI brand under license. TAL is one of Australia's leading life insurers with over 150 years experience. Information is current as of 21 September, 2020 and may be subject to change from time to time without notice.
More guides on Finder
Suncorp Accidental Injury Plan
Receive up to $100,000 in cover for Accidental Injury with Suncorp.
Ask an Expert