Guardian Life Insurance Review
Get up to $1,500,000 of cover with Guardian Life Insurance and receive policy features for families that can’t be found in some other competitors.
Maximum Entry Age
Terminal Illness Benefit
- A great option for parents: unlike many other brands we compare, Guardian has a child trauma option. Children's cover typically costs $9.52 and payouts of up to $50,000 may be available.
- Guardian Life Insurance's parent company Hannover has an average claim turnaround time of just 2.2 months for death cover – lower than the industry average of 2.9 months.
- Unlike brands such as NobleOak and AAMI, Guardian's life policies aren't fully underwritten which could put off some.
- There's no future insurability benefit with Guardian. Future insurability is a policy feature that automatically increases your cover benefit after certain life events.
Find out more about Guardian's main life policy options
Guardian Life Cover
Key points of Guardian Life Insurance
Life Insurance provides a lump sum payment in the event of your death or terminal illness. With Guardian Insurance, you are able to apply for up to $1,500,000 in coverage.
- Applicants must be Australian residents aged 18 - 64 years old
- No medical examination or blood tests required
- Guaranteed renewable policy for life
- Choose monthly or fortnightly premium payments
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Ages 18-44: Benefit of up to $1,500,000.
- Ages 45-54: Benefit of up to $800,000.
- Ages 55-59: Benefit of up to $500,000.
- Ages 60-64: Benefit of up to $300,000.
Note: Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) on Guardian's website for full terms and conditions.
Along with basic cover, Guardian also offers a range of benefits so that you can tailor your insurance package to suit your needs and offer a greater peace of mind.
Options for Guardian Life Insurance
- Children's Cover: A benefit amount from $20,000 up to $50,000 is paid if your child suffers a serious injury or illness such as meningitis, paralysis, and encephalitis. This benefit is also paid if the child suffers an accidental death. This option can help with extra costs such as medical expenses and school tuition. Eligibility: Insured child must be aged 2-17, the Policyholder must be aged 18-64 and the legal guardian or parent of the child.
- Serious Illness Insurance: A benefit amount from $50,000 up to $500,000 is paid to you if you suffer from a serious illness, such as malignant cancer, stroke, heart attack or have coronary artery bypass surgery. Eligibility: Be an Australian resident aged 18-59.
- Total and Permanent Disability Insurance: A benefit amount from $50,000 up to $1,000,000 may be paid to you if, as a result of injury or illness you are unable to work, or if you suffer the loss of limbs or sight, or due to loss of independent existence and you require care from an external party. Eligibility: Be an Australian resident aged 18-59, working at least 20 hours per week.
Key points of Funeral Insurance
Funeral insurance is designed to cover the cost of a funeral and final expenses in the event of your death. Guardian provides up to $15,000 in coverage. There is guaranteed acceptance for applicants who are between the ages of 40 to 79.
Guardian funeral insurance benefits
- The chosen benefit amount (from $3,000 up to $15,000) is paid in the event of your death by natural causes (after the first 12 months of the policy).
- Triple benefit paid in the event of accidental death – a maximum of $45,000 (from day one of the policy).
- Australian residents aged 40 to 79 are guaranteed acceptance
- No medical or health questions are required for application.
- There are single and joint plan options available.
- Choose to make either monthly or fortnightly premium payments.
- Comes with a 30 days-day money-back guarantee
Note: Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
How to make a claim with Guardian life insurance
Your beneficiary, family member or yourself should contact Guardian and let them know that you intend to lodge a claim. A Claims Booklet should then be sent to you, which will need to be filled out. You will also need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of death
- Proof of the age of the insured person
- Proof of the claimants identity
- Proof of your relationship to the insured person
- Original insurance policy document and policy schedule
- Direct Debit Authority (if you would like the benefit payment to be deposited into a bank account)
Your life insurance claim is eligible to be paid by Guardian Insurance as soon as a completed Claim Form is received together with the required supporting documents. Accidental Death Claims will be paid as soon as proof of Accidental Death is received.
Compare other direct life insurance policies below
Why compare life insurance with Finder?
You pay the same price as buying directly from the life insurer.
We're not owned by an insurer (unlike other comparison sites).
We've done 100+ hours of policy research to help you understand what you're comparing.