After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
SpinTel mobile phone plans
SpinTel's simple SIM-only plans offer a lot of value at competitive prices. Here's everything you need to know to compare SpinTel's plans.
Is SpinTel right for me?
- What does SpinTel offer? SpinTel deals in month-to-month SIM-only plans delivered over the Optus 3G and 4G networks. These plans can be bundled with SpinTel's home broadband plans if you prefer combining all your telco services into a single bill.
- Product highlights: Generous data caps, affordable monthly rates.
- Watch out for: SpinTel charges a $10 activation fee with all its SIM-only plans, making it a more expensive buy-in than many competitors.
Compare mobile plans below
SpinTel SIM-only plans
SpinTel's SIM-only plans explained
- SpinTel $9.95: Unlimited texts, 100 minutes of calls, 2GB of data
- SpinTel $9.95: Unlimited talk and text, 1GB of data
- SpinTel $15.95: Unlimited talk and text, 5GB of data
- SpinTel $19.95: Unlimited talk and text, 7GB of data
- SpinTel $26.95: Unlimited talk and text, 15GB of data
SpinTel gives you the option of capping your data usage with its plans. On a capped plan, exceeding your monthly data cap will see SpinTel disable your Internet access until the end of your current billing cycle. If you choose the uncapped option, SpinTel will instead charge you $10 per 1GB over your monthly data cap, up to a maximum of 10GB in excess data. At that point, your data access will be blocked until the end of your current billing cycle.
How does SpinTel compare?
- A good amount of data for your dollar
- Competitive pricing, especially at higher data caps
Why should you consider SpinTel?
SpinTel's range of plans is pretty easy to understand, and that's a big plus if you don't like complexity. Like most postpaid carriers, if you go over your data quota, you can have an automatic 1GB top-up applied for just $10, but SpinTel has a point of differentiation here.
Its default position is to have your data capped at its limit, so you don't automatically get slugged with that extra $10 charge. You can go for a no-capped plan if it suits you, but you can also use SpinTel's plans with fair assurance of what you'll actually pay each month.
SpinTel mobile deals
$10 SIM activation fee waived for a limited time
|View eligible plans|
|SpinTel SIM-only 4G Mobile 15GB $26.95 1 Month||Unlimited standard calls|
|SpinTel SIM-only 4G Mobile 7GB $19.95 1 Month||Unlimited standard calls|
|SpinTel SIM-only 4G Mobile 5GB $15.95 1 Month||Unlimited standard calls|
|SpinTel SIM-only 4G Mobile 1GB $9.95 1 Month||Unlimited standard calls|
|SpinTel SIM-only 4G Mobile 2GB $9.95 1 Month||100 standard minutes|
- Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
Read more on this topic
Optus & Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price The Google Pixel 4 is a massive 50% off on a Optus & Vodafone plan right now. Read on to compare the two offerings, and which plans they're available on.
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert