SpinTel Mobile Plans
SpinTel's SIM-only plans offer a lot of value at competitive prices.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
SpinTel has existed since 1996, claiming that their constant objective is to support their customers. Just like with its broadband plans, SpinTel endeavours to keep its mobile plans cheap and uncomplicated, with options up to 15GB a month.
- Competitive plan rates.
- Avoid excess charges with their auto cap feature.
- Network reaches 98.5% of Australians.
Compare mobile plans below
Compare SpinTel's SIM only mobile plans here
When you're only after 15GB or less and have your own handset, you can get a good deal with SpinTel's SIM only plans.
Spintel review: Why choose it?
SpinTel's plans have competitive prices. The option to cap your data so you don't ever go over is a nice addition. On top of basic plan inclusions, they have:
- Data capping. You can opt in for data capping on any of SpinTel's plans. This means you will never be charged automatically for extra usage. Instead, your service will be cut off unless you add on extra data manually.
- Roaming. You can activate international roaming by contacting SpinTel. Be aware that roaming rates are very high compared to regular domestic charges and you're probably better off picking up a local SIM.
- Good rates. SpinTel's plans may not offer huge wads of data, but the plans it does have are fairly competitive.
- Auto cap. The data auto-cap feature is useful to avoid excess data charges.
- No extras. SpinTel doesn't have any fancy features on its plans. Look elsewhere if you desire them.
SpinTel network coverage
SpinTel uses the Optus 3G and 4G networks for its mobile plans, which cover around 98.5% of the population.
SpinTel also uses the Optus 5G network for some of its plans. As 5G is still being rolled out in Australia, you'll need to double check whether your area is covered.
How do I switch to SpinTel?
More guides on Finder
Realme 7 Pro review
Calling it a "Pro" phone might be a bit of a stretch, but the realme 7 Pro is otherwise a dependable mid-range phone with good battery endurance.
Why mobile plans are nearly 20% cheaper than a year ago
It’s never been a better time to switch mobile plans than now. Prices have dropped by 17% compared to last year, and over 50% since 5 years ago.
How does Optus’s “unlimited” data stack up against Telstra and Vodafone?
Optus is finally offering “unlimited” data on its SIM-only plans, but how does it compare to “unlimited” data from Telstra & Vodafone?
NBN providers with 4G backup modems
Stay connected to the Internet during an NBN outage with an NBN plan that comes with a 4G backup modem.
MyNetFone business mobile plans
MyNetFone offers a range of mobile plans for your business, with a dedicated app to keep track of your spending.
Vodafone iPhone plans
Vodafone has some great deals if you're looking for an affordable way to own a new iPhone, with no excess data charges involved.
Black Friday 2020: Best mobile plan deals
Top deals include 500GB for $55 from Vodafone, triple the data from Circles.Life and 50% off amaysim long expiry plans.
Data only SIM plans
Data only SIM plans can be easily inserted into your iPad or tablet for wireless Internet on the go.
TPG’s new MVNO, Felix, comes with ‘unlimited’ data but at capped speeds. Is it worth it, or are there better plans out there?
Compare every iPhone 12 Pro Max plan in Australia
Find the best mobile plan deals for the biggest iPhone ever - the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Get no excess data charges on these unlimited data mobile plans.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert