SpinTel Mobile Plans
SpinTel's SIM-only plans offer a lot of value at competitive prices.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
SpinTel has existed since 1996, claiming that their constant objective is to support their customers. Just like with its broadband plans, SpinTel endeavours to keep its mobile plans cheap and uncomplicated, with options up to 15GB a month.
- Competitive plan rates.
- Avoid excess charges with their auto cap feature.
- Network reaches 98.5% of Australians.
Compare mobile plans below
Compare SpinTel's SIM only mobile plans here
When you're only after 15GB or less and have your own handset, you can get a good deal with SpinTel's SIM only plans.
Spintel review: Why choose it?
SpinTel's plans have competitive prices. The option to cap your data so you don't ever go over is a nice addition. On top of basic plan inclusions, they have:
- Data capping. You can opt in for data capping on any of SpinTel's plans. This means you will never be charged automatically for extra usage. Instead, your service will be cut off unless you add on extra data manually.
- Roaming. You can activate international roaming by contacting SpinTel. Be aware that roaming rates are very high compared to regular domestic charges and you're probably better off picking up a local SIM.
- Good rates. SpinTel's plans may not offer huge wads of data, but the plans it does have are fairly competitive.
- Auto cap. The data auto-cap feature is useful to avoid excess data charges.
- No extras. SpinTel doesn't have any fancy features on its plans. Look elsewhere if you desire them.
SpinTel network coverage
SpinTel uses the Optus 3G and 4G networks for its mobile plans, which cover around 98.5% of the population.
SpinTel also uses the Optus 5G network for some of its plans. As 5G is still being rolled out in Australia, you'll need to double check whether your area is covered.
How do I switch to SpinTel?
More guides on Finder
If you're sick of slow speeds on the NBN, or just can't get connected, there are fast 4G/5G plans available for you.
Pay as you go mobile plans
Pay as you go mobile plans are a great way to save money if you don't use your phone very often.
OptusPay: How does it work?
OptusPay is a straightforward payment plan system. Here's how it works in four steps.
Optus OPPO plans
Enjoy “unlimited” data on the latest OPPO phones from Optus.
Realme 7 Pro review
Calling it a "Pro" phone might be a bit of a stretch, but the realme 7 Pro is otherwise a dependable mid-range phone with good battery endurance.
Why mobile plans are nearly 20% cheaper than a year ago
It’s never been a better time to switch mobile plans than now. Prices have dropped by 17% compared to last year, and over 50% since 5 years ago.
How does Optus’s “unlimited” data stack up against Telstra and Vodafone?
Optus is finally offering “unlimited” data on its SIM-only plans, but how does it compare to “unlimited” data from Telstra & Vodafone?
NBN with 4G backup
Stay connected to the Internet during an Internet outage with an NBN plan that comes with a 4G backup modem.
MyNetFone business mobile plans
MyNetFone offers a range of mobile plans for your business, with a dedicated app to keep track of your spending.
Vodafone iPhone plans
Vodafone has some great deals if you're looking for an affordable way to own a new iPhone, with no excess data charges involved.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Get no excess data charges on these unlimited data mobile plans.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert