BankVic Credit Cards
With features including competitive rates and fees, frequent flyer points and cashback rewards, compare BankVic credit cards to decide if one suits your needs.
If you or a member of your family are part of the police, health, emergency or public service in Victoria, you can apply for a credit card from BankVic and take advantage of special introductory offers and competitive ongoing features. Use this guide to learn more about the different BankVic credit cards available and find out what you'll need to apply for one today.
Comparison of BankVic credit cards
What are the types of credit cards from BankVic?
BankVic credit cards are designed to suit different needs, with features that range from low ongoing interest rates to complimentary perks and frequent flyer points.
Low rate credit cards
The BankVic Visa Silver credit card offers a low ongoing variable interest rate for both purchases and cash advances. It also offers a $0 p.a. annual fee for life and up to 44 days interest free on purchases.
Gold credit cards
The BankVic Visa Gold offers you cashback rewards for your eligible spending and includes complimentary overseas travel insurance for you, your spouse and eligible dependant children when they are travelling with you and meet the requirements.
Frequent flyer credit cards
The BankVic Qantas Visa offers Qantas Points for your everyday spending, which you can use to redeem rewards such as flights, upgrades and merchandise through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. It also offers complimentary overseas travel insurance and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your account balance in full by the due date listed on your current statement and on your previous statement.
The benefits of banking with BankVic
BankVic credit cards offer more than cheap access to credit. Some of the benefits that come with using a BankVic credit card include:
Internet banking — bank where and when you want
Apply and get approved for a BankVic credit card and register your account for internet banking for free. This service from BankVic lets you manage your credit card and make payments from anywhere in the world, at any time of the day. Increase your credit limit, set up regular payments, review your credit card statement and view your monthly statement and more from your desktop or smartphone device. Internet banking does away with the need to visit a brick-and-mortar bank.
BankVic credit cards — ATM withdrawals
While BankVic does not have a partnership with an ATM network that allows you to make cash withdrawals for free, you'll pay a reduced ATM fee when you use your BankVic credit card to make a withdrawal at a St.George, Westpac, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne ATM. Note that a cash advance fee will apply when you use your credit card withdraw money.
Visa credit card benefits
Using a BankVic Visa credit card comes with some handy features to make shopping quicker, easier and safer:
- Visa payWave. All BankVic credit cards are Visa payWave enabled. This means you can tap your BankVic credit card against a contactless terminal for purchases under $100 and you can be on your way in a matter of seconds — do away with entering your PIN for small transactions. Visa payWave transactions are protected under the Visa Zero Liability Policy.
- Visa Zero Liability Policy. Use you credit card with the confidence that you’re protected from fraud, both online and over the counter. The Visa Zero Liability Policy does not extend to ATM transactions, however, Visa will give you your money back if you’re the victim of credit card fraud shopping online, over the counter or when using Visa payWave.
- Global acceptance. Visa is a global brand and is accepted in millions of places all over the world. Use your Visa card to pay for a train ticket in New York, shop online and buy shoes from Paris or withdraw cash from an ATM in India. Whether you’re using your card at home or abroad, Visa has you covered.
How to apply for a BankVic credit card
Click ‘Go to Site’ and apply online for a BankVic credit card. Credit card applications are handled through the BankVic online application tool: Webloans. Before you start an online application for a BankVic credit card, you will need to become a member of the mutual.
To become a member of BankVic, you must:
- Be a member of the police force or a member of the health, emergency or public service or have a family member working in these industries, or
- Work within 5km of the BankVic offices, or
- Have been introduced by an existing member, and they have been a member for more than a year, or
- Be approved by the CEO of BankVic or an Executive Manager of Police Financial Services Limited, or
- Be a corporate body (contact BankVic for further information about applying as a corporate body)
The online application for a BankVic credit card should only take ten to fifteen minutes to complete if you have all the necessary information on hand. Make sure you have the following:
- Identification. You must verify your identity with BankVic to apply for a credit card. Provide at least two forms of identification including a passport, an Australian birth certificate, driver's licence or other form of photo identification or medicare card. You can verify your identification online and a BankVic representative will be in touch if this process is unable to be completed.
- Employment. Provide information about your current employment, including your employer's contact details and your after-tax income. If you’ve been in your current position for less than five years, you’ll also need to provide your previous employer’s contact information.
- Assets. Detail a list of your assets including your home, vehicle, your accounts with BankVic and other banks, home and contents insurance, superannuation fund and other assets such as shares if applicable.
- Liabilities. Enter information about mortgages, other loans, credit cards and any other debt.
- Expenses. What are your ongoing expenses? Details about rent, food, clothing and utility bills need to provided to BankVic.
What happens next?
After you submit the online application for a BankVic credit card, you should receive an email from the bank about the status of your credit card application within 24 hours, or the next business day. If you haven’t got word back from BankVic about your credit card application, get in touch with a customer representative and quote your application reference number. A credit card is usually issued within five to seven business days following approval for the account. Once you’re approved for a credit card, you become a shareholder of BankVic. You will need to purchase 10 shares. The shares are valued at $1.00 each. The value of the shares can be redeemed when you close the account.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.