We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
G&C Mutual Bank offers two different credit cards: a Low Rate Visa and a Platinum Visa with frequent flyer rewards. Here, you can learn more about these different cards, as well as the features you can get when you become a member of G&C Mutual Bank.
Comparison of G&C Mutual Bank credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of G&C Mutual Bank credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa has a 7.49% p.a. interest rate for purchases – one of the lowest on the market. It has a $50 p.a. annual fee that is also competitive with other low rate cards and offers worldwide acceptance through the Visa card network. If you're looking for other features or want to see how much you could save with a different card, it's worth comparing this card with other low rate credit cards to help you find one that works for you.
Frequent flyer credit cards
The G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa offers 0.85 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, plus 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible Qantas products and services in Australia. It also offers a platinum concierge service. As this card has a $249 p.a. annual fee, it's worth comparing other frequent flyer credit cards as well.
The benefits of banking with a G&C Mutual Bank credit card
If you get a G&C Mutual Bank credit card, here are some of the key benefits that you'll be able to access.
G&C Mutual Bank credit cards can be used in-store, online and over the phone anywhere Visa is accepted. When you're shopping online, you'll get extra protection against fraud with Visa Secure verification when you shop with businesses registered for the service. Plus, you can get access to exclusive deals on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks, with the latest deals listed on the Visa Australia website.
You can tap to pay with this card at any business that accepts contactless payments. If your purchase is under $100, you won't even need to enter a PIN to verify it. You can learn more about how contactless payments work in this guide.
You can check your credit card balance and manage your account details from anywhere with the G&C Mutual Bank mobile app, online banking or phone banking service, which you can reach any time by calling 1300 364 400. You also have the option of visiting a service centre, with locations across NSW and in Melbourne.
How to apply for a G&C Mutual Bank credit card
You can apply for a G&C Mutual Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Alternatively, you can call the bank on 1300 364 400, visit a service centre or fill in a contact form on the website to have someone from G&C Mutual Bank contact you.
Before you apply, check that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident living in Australia. You must also be allowed to work in Australia.
- Income. You must earn a regular income.
- Credit history. You must have good credit history. The G&C Mutual Bank credit card application also specifically states that you cannot be going through the process of bankruptcy. If you're not sure what's on your credit history, you can get a free copy of your credit report and credit score through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. You need to provide basic information about yourself including your name, date of birth, home address and contact details. You also need to provide a valid form of ID such as your driver's licence, Australian passport or Medicare card details. If you don’t include this information when you apply, a G&C Mutual Bank representative will be in touch to complete the process.
- Employment details. This includes your job, length of employment, salary and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips to help verify these details.
- Financial information. This covers income from any other sources, as well as savings, investments, other assets and your existing debts, cards and liabilities. You also need to provide an estimate of your regular expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and groceries.
If you have any questions about the application or if you want to check on it at any time, you can call G&C Mutual Bank on 1300 364 400.
Frequently asked questions
Here, you'll find answers to common questions about G&C Mutual Bank credit cards. If you have another question, you can get in touch with Finder using the contact form below.
More guides on Finder
G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card
Reward your spending with Qantas Points and enjoy a concierge services with the G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa credit card.
G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card
The G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa credit card charges a low 7.49% p.a. purchase interest rate and a competitive annual fee.
Ask an Expert