G&C Mutual Bank is a member-owned bank that's been operating since 1959 and has service centres across NSW and in Melbourne (VIC). It offers two credit cards with simple, low-cost features: the G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card and the G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Business Credit Card.
Compare G&C Mutual Bank credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from G&C Mutual Bank
Low rate credit card
The G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card has a 7.49% p.a. interest rate for purchases – one of the lowest on the market. It has a $50 p.a. annual fee that is also competitive with other low rate cards and offers worldwide acceptance through the Visa card network. If you're looking for other features or want to see how much you could save with a different card, it's worth comparing this card with other low rate credit cards to find one that works for you.
Business credit card
The G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Business Credit Card is suited to small and medium-sized businesses, including sole traders. It offers a low interest rate for purchases and a relatively low annual fee. You can also have 5 cards linked to the account if you want to use it to track employee spending and expenses.
The benefits of a G&C Mutual Bank credit card
G&C Mutual Bank credit cards can be used in-store, online and over the phone anywhere Visa is accepted. When you're shopping online, you'll get extra protection against fraud with Visa Secure verification when you shop with businesses registered for the service. You'll also get access to exclusive deals on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks, with the latest deals listed on the Visa Australia website.
Contactless and mobile payments
You can check your credit card balance and manage your account details from anywhere with the G&C Mutual Bank mobile app, online banking or phone banking service, which you can reach any time by calling 1300 364 400. You also have the option of visiting one of the service centres in NSW or Melbourne.
How to apply
You can apply for a G&C Mutual Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website.
Before you apply, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed to complete the application. Here are the details for personal cards – if you want a business card, contact G&C Mutual Bank on 1300 364 400 for further details about the application requirements.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident living in Australia. You must also be allowed to work in Australia.
- Income. You must earn a regular income.
- Credit history. You must have good credit history. The G&C Mutual Bank credit card application also states that you cannot be going through the process of bankruptcy. If you're not sure what's on your credit history, you can get a free copy of your credit report and credit score through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal details. You need to provide basic information about yourself including your name, date of birth, home address and contact details. You also need to provide a valid form of ID such as your driver's licence, Australian passport or Medicare card details. If you don’t include this information when you apply, a G&C Mutual Bank representative will be in touch to complete the process.
- Employment details. This includes your job, length of employment, salary and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips to help verify these details.
- Financial information. This covers income from any other sources, as well as savings, investments, other assets and your existing debts, cards and liabilities. You also need to provide an estimate of your regular expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, utility bills and groceries.
If you have any questions about the application or if you want to check on it at any time, you can call G&C Mutual Bank on 1300 364 400.
Credit card brands similar to G&C Mutual Bank
If you want a low-cost credit card or are interested in cards from a member-owned bank, here are 3 other credit card providers you could compare with G&C Mutual Bank:
Frequently asked questions
Contact details and related links
- G&C Mutual Bank contact number: 1300 364 400
- 24/7 card support: 1300 364 400 in Australia
+61 2 9307 5400 overseas
- Visa Global Customer Assistance: +1 303 967 1090
- G&C Mutual Bank savings accounts
Want to compare a wider range of credit cards? Check out the latest offers for rewards, balance transfers, low rates and more.
More guides on Finder
G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Business Credit Card
G&C Mutual Bank’s business credit card offers a low rate for purchases and additional cards for employees – see how its other features compare here.
G&C Mutual Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card
This frequent flyer credit card gives you a way to earn Qantas Points on your eligible spending and offers bonus points. Here's how its other features add up.
G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa Credit Card
The G&C Mutual Bank Low Rate Visa credit card charges a low 7.49% p.a. purchase interest rate and a competitive annual fee.
Ask an Expert